Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jun 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

* How Much Food Can We Eat In 3 Weeks? Baillies Do Disney - Day 2 - Magic Kingdom *

Day 2
Magic Kingdom
#BailliesDoDisney
Instagram stories on @bailliesdodisney

To begin the day off I have to reference us setting our alarms for this morning the previous night.
Michael goes

'Does a 7am alarm work?'

'Yeah but I think we will be awake before that due to jet lag'

'Oh not me Sarah. I can sleep! The lads on tour are always making comments about how much sleep I can get in a night.'

... I'm not sure if he is auditioning for a role of a dwarf or what but I'm tired and just want to sleep! I'm so done with this conversation. 😴

I wake up at 5.20am.
Oh wait. Who is awake next to me?! Yup, it's sleepy...
Or insert various other names that I will be banned for... 🤣

Up we get, showered, dressed. Pretty standard practice unless you want to be arrested. I actually quite like being able to get an ESTA though. Me and Paige have matching dresses on today.

Almost messed being able to get an ESTA all up when I realised I'd left my bag in the villa the minute we locked the front door! The code to get back into the villa of course now suddenly wasn't working! Not sure having breaking and entering on my record would be accepted so we used the 'emergency key'.
I would say not having a hairbrush after a ride is a pretty big emergency! I already look like Monica Geller at this point as it is 🤣 (IYKYK)

We drive to Chef Mickey's. It's a tradition of ours to do breakfast here on our first morning!

I honestly LOVE this place. The food was amazing, the service and the characters, just wow! Paige recieved the warmest hug I've ever seen from any character ever. Minnie was incredible!

Callum still hugged the characters too which is great. There's something about Disney that turns anyone into the biggest child again and watching our teenager get excited for something other than his PS5 is worth every penny.

Magic Kingdom next!
I think it's actually a sin to do any other park first! (Sorry not sorry).

I genuinely thought I'd cry seeing the castle again -

I didn't.
I thought I was dead inside until the parade started and I turned into a blubbering mess. I'm not even sure what it was but people were defo looking at me like I was some form of fruitcake.
A kid actually looked and pointed... Not sure if it was the tears falling down my face or if he thought I was a grizzly bear with this barnet.

Let's talk about it! First go at using this Genie+/lightening Lane situation...
I like to think I'm quite tech savvy, turns out, I'm really not! 🙈
First of all, we completely forgot to book anything at 7am... Great start! Then it was glitching all over the place.
We also have DAS for Paige as she has ADHD. Not sure of everyone's situation but Paige has literally no chill... I am incredibly grateful for the option to wait for the rides in an open space rather than in a cattle shed.

I have to say that although a lot of people who do get DAS don't buy Genie+ too, they actually work really well simultaneously.

We managed:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Meeting Tiana and Little Mermaid
Jungle Cruise
Big Thunder Mountain
Monster Inc Laugh Floor &
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Loved them all! Seven Dwarfs was definitely a highlight but Big Thunder will always have my heart.

We got a 'I Lava You Float' and a 'Pineapple and coconut Dole Whip Float' at some point today, the pineapple was better although they were both so refreshing in the heat! And it was HOT!

I'm not sure what happened to all of the snacks on our list throughout today though?! Is it the heat or just being so busy... I don't know but I'm not happy!

Not sure why I actually WANT to put on weight at this point when I spend my whole life trying to get it off 🤦🏼

I thought we had got away with the Michael drainage conversation today - clearly I'm not that lucky in life as off he goes on the way out..

We left Magic Kingdom at 3.30pm.
We like to take it easy on our first couple of days, plus we had a Homecomin reservation at 5pm.

That place! Just incredible! I expected it to be good but THAT good?!
I could eat that over and over for the rest of my life... (which probably wouldn't be very long if I did)
Calories don't count at Disney though!

Server was brilliant too! The majority of them are though aren't they?! When you eat out in England, it's rare to get someone who actually wants to fill your drinks up... Here, they couldn't do enough for you.

It makes me want to give them all of my money...

Good job I'm married to Michael or I would be in CHAT magazine. 'Lady scammed because someone was nice to her' ...

We looked around Disney Springs until our legs gave out.
I can't find a nice magic band anywhere, what's going on?!
We ended the day going up about 100 stairs back to the car in Grapefruit garage having an argument about how many steps we had done that day... Which is more accurate, a fitbit or a phone?! Answers on a postcard because I'm off to bed!

Hollywood Studios tomorrow!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Experiment626
a Friend of the DIBB

I'm 100% with you - Magic Kingdom on Day 1 has to be done
I don't think I've ever been to 'Homecomin', the food looks delicious.

Looking forward to reading more of your Trip Reports!
Kx
July 2000
May 2006
July 2014
Pre-Trippie Planning - July 2022

Disneyland Paris
October 2004
July 2008
Experiment626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

WOW fantastic first day
Beautiful photos of the children with the characters that’s what it’s all about 🇺🇸❤️
Of course the Food looked amazing too
😋😋😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

A great first day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Aww the kids with the characters makes me have the wet eyes, so lovely
The food looks yummy good
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
I'm 100% with you - Magic Kingdom on Day 1 has to be done
I don't think I've ever been to 'Homecomin', the food looks delicious.

Looking forward to reading more of your Trip Reports!
Kx

It's hard to say for sure but I think it was our favourite place that we ate at on our whole trip! So so good!

Thank you 😊 xx
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
WOW fantastic first day
Beautiful photos of the children with the characters that’s what it’s all about 🇺🇸❤️
Of course the Food looked amazing too
😋😋😋
Thank you 💕
The characters were the best!
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
A great first day👍
It really was 😍
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Aww the kids with the characters makes me have the wet eyes, so lovely
The food looks yummy good
Such a long time coming 😍
Old 4 Jun 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
A great first day. Your food at Homecomin looks amazing x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List