Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 May 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

* How Much Food Can We Eat In 3 Weeks? Baillies Do Disney - Day 0 - Pre Travel Day *

Day 0
Pre travel day ✈️🙌🏻
#BailliesDoDisney
Instagram stories/saved highlights on @bailliesdodisney

Probably the worst sleep I've ever had in my life!

But do I care?! NO! Because we are going! ... We are going! Yep just needed to say it one more time!

Well to be honest our actual travel day started on Thursday. It's already been a LONG journey and stressful time to get to this point 😂

First there was the situation with the cases!...
I sorted all the clothes thoughout the week, our spare room has been a mountain of 'for Florida' for weeks 🙈. The door closes so it's not there, right?! 😂
I bagged them all up into outfits, mainly because I can't deal with the kids or my husband losing his underpants or socks in a morning... Picking the best outfits and trying not too pack too much. So there I am all proud of myself that they were all under 23kg!

I got the muscle to come and carry them downstairs, because let's face it, he's basically hopeless helping with anything else...

He picks one up and goes, 'how much do these weigh, they are very light?!

Ohh... Alright Arnold Schwarzenegger. What a show off ...

'The scales say they are all just under 23kg' I say proudly... I mean I was proud of that!

He takes the scales to check...

Now I don't often have to admit I'm wrong but the scales had somehow changed to pounds 🙈
For reference 23 pounds is 10kg so there was SO much more space and weight! So here I am at 11pm on Wednesday night, opening the cases and re-packing them all! Putting all of the things back in that now HAVE to come because we have so much more weight.
Note to self. - seriously, check the scales! 🙈

Then roll forward to Thursday morning and it's time to go! Travel day one, 7 hours drive to my Dads! Kinloss to Liverpool. We can do this! 😁 (I say we, he does all of the driving, I just sit there with endless snacks and a numb bum &#128514

I run the packing of the car like my own personal game of Tetris though! ... Except on Tetris you don't have a Michael trying to forcefully hand over new cases and bags before you've even packed the ones in your hands... I'm not an Octopus,... back off mate!
If there's one person you don't want to mess with, it's travel day Sarah!

Quick check of the list, (since I got past 30 I have to make lists for everything.. What's that about?!)
Paige's medication for our travel days!
I'm running round making sure all of our electrics are off and all the other things I'd worry about whilst we are away...

'Michael can you just grab a few tablets for Paige'

'You gave me them yesterday, I put them in my bag'

I'm thinking... I didn't but I think for a second to make sure, no... I know I didn't!
'No, I really didn't give you any of her tablets. Can you pack some so we can have some separate from the ones in the cases that are counted and we have a doctors letter for'

'No you did, I'm going to go get my bag to check'

Of course... No tablets! 🙄 I swear this man wants to turn me into a crazy person on travel day...

Car journey was pretty uneventful ..there are a LOT of snacks to counteract the 'I'm hungry' comments!
Starbucks - A MUST!

I'm not really a coffee person but listening to Michael's elaborate stories for 7 hours, yep, needed! Trust me! 😂

Plus Michael gets military discount here, not sure how much it is, but it's money off! Strange though, they ask to see proof which is cool, he gets out his government official Military ID card...
'Sorry it's usually only the defence Gateway card we accept'
For reference for anyone who doesn't know, this is the card you apply for WITH your military ID... backwards! 😂
He actually has both but she made out she was doing us a massive favour by giving him the discount... 🤦🏼

Beauty treatments by my dad's wife - COMPLETED. I absolutely love my nails!

Michael got some beauty treatments too - if you want to see why men aren't the ones to have babies, just head to my Instagram highlight 'Travel Day' ! Complete drama llama! 😂

Liverpool to Dover drive was then completed and we picked up our boy from school! 😍 He goes to boarding school and I hate it, he is doing so well there though. Still never gets any easier!

Honestly, by the end of that day I was so exhausted but did I sleep?! No of course not! All I could think of was those flipping tests!

Back to today, Pre-Travel day at 8am, we did our tests with DOCHQ. It was really straightforward! Well aside from Paige who decided RIGHT NOW was a good time to have a mini tantrum about not sitting on daddy's lap 😳
Why oh why do they embarrass us like that 🤦🏼
We followed the lady's instructions step by step, open the tests, put them into the hole in the box, swab, tests into the solution then she put us on hold...
She came back and said can you show the test results... Our swabs were still sat in the solution 🤣🙈
We knew we had to put the solution onto the tests but she didn't actually ask us to do it so we didn't...
So we did that and then she went away again for a little while. When she can back she checked they were negative and checked we had the certificates and done!

Uploading the documents to the app took so much longer than I expected it to though! 😳
Then we were off to Premier Inn at Gatwick! 😁

By the way, anyone flying BA, do their new form thing but they were still asking for Verifly at the check in desk at Twilight check in! Which by the way is amazing! Drop off the big cases the night before! Between 6pm-9pm.

Snack boxes are all ready to go. The joys of picky children..

We went for a Pizza hut for dinner which wasn't amazing (I used to love a good old pizza hut back in the day). I'm not sure if Covid is to blame, but even the ice cream station was poor... A few sprinkles and that was it. Back in my day you were spoilt for choice!

We also watched the new Dr Strange film. We were all very excited for this! 😁 Don't get me wrong it was a fantastic film but I expected a bit more from it. The hype of this film over the last few years has been so high that I expected it to be on par with Spider-Man. I wasn't disappointed, it was a great film! I just expected more. So I only have myself to blame 🤣 It was definitely the darkest MCU film ever released. Although Paige didn't think it was scary at all 😂

We got back to the hotel about 1am. One of my tips to tackle jet leg is to stay up as late as you can the night before you fly and the day you arrive. We have never had a problem besides running on fumes!

Flying in the morning! 😁😁

Edited at 10:13 AM.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

After following you on Instagram I'm so glad you have started this

Such long drives for you but you got there
Old 29 May 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Welcome back - loved following along on IG.

I had a chuckle about your tests - even though we’ve done loads of LFTs for some reason on the call I couldn’t open my solution and was panicking that I’d snapped it and wouldn’t be able to get the solution out - my daughter took it off me to sort it 🤣

Your snack boxes are very impressive!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Love the snack boxes almost as much as your nails, both amazing!
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading. We’re out here at the moment, home tomorrow and DD has been following you on Insta. Looks like you had a fab time 😊
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
After following you on Instagram I'm so glad you have started this

Such long drives for you but you got there

Aw thank you 💕
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Welcome back - loved following along on IG.

I had a chuckle about your tests - even though we’ve done loads of LFTs for some reason on the call I couldn’t open my solution and was panicking that I’d snapped it and wouldn’t be able to get the solution out - my daughter took it off me to sort it 🤣

Your snack boxes are very impressive!

It's got to be the stress right?! 🤣
We felt like such idiots haha!

The snack boxes were a massive success xx
Old 30 May 22, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Love the snack boxes almost as much as your nails, both amazing!

Thanks so much, I absolutely loved my nails 😍
The snack boxes were a success too!
Old 30 May 22, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Looking forward to reading. We’re out here at the moment, home tomorrow and DD has been following you on Insta. Looks like you had a fab time 😊
Aw thank you!

The best time 😍
Hope you have too. Safe travels home xx
Old 30 May 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Lovely at last I’ve been waiting for your report 🙊
And I Love the kids snack boxes what a FAB idea !

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List