Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jun 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Glad you had a great time overall , £3000 on food . We’ve stayed onsite/ offsite 4 times and never spent anywhere near that amount with no dining plan . I think I’m going to have to rethink spending money with 4 adults for 18 nights 😱😱😱😱😱
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

I loved reading your review but it makes me sad as it just confirms what we’ve all been dreading for those who have yet to go post Covid.

We’ve been lucky to have gone several times over the past 30years, also remembering the old paper fast passes - my god, we thought they were the bestest thing ever back then !

Curious, we are staying on site (for the absolute very last time..bye bye Disney) are the refillable cups still included for the duration of your stay ? I’d ask DH but he’s out at the mo - hence why I’m loitering on this forum !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

You have to pay for them, think they were 19.99 each but yes once paid they last for 2 weeks.
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Glad you had a great time overall , £3000 on food . We’ve stayed onsite/ offsite 4 times and never spent anywhere near that amount with no dining plan . I think I’m going to have to rethink spending money with 4 adults for 18 nights 😱😱😱😱😱
Indeed, if you guys did space 2020 and only drank water you would be looking at $320 before tip. Crazy prices, the only meal that expensive used to be CRT and that included tip.
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

I really ought to pay much more attention when DH does all the planning & booking of our trips & i should've known that bout the drinks really - sorry ! But he loves all the planning, be rude to take it away from him !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

I was also there the same time and agree with all your comments.

I really thought Genie+ was great and worked very well for us. Did the same as you in that started stacking days later in the holiday.

One thing we noticed a lot (so much so we thought we were cursed) was the rides breaking constantly.

Mickey and Minnie 3 times
Haunted Mansion
Splash
Space
ROTR
Slinky

And there were more i have forgotten. I haven't been in ten years so i don't know if this is usual but i couldn't believe how often they broke.
Old 9 Jun 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
I agree with you on mousekeeping and found the whole situation really disappointing. We stayed at Coronado Springs and had the same experience however, we’d just come from a value resort at Universal (Cabana Bay) and the Rosen Inn. They managed to provide daily housekeeping so not sure how Disney can defend this policy? We are clean and tidy but I hated coming back to the room to a messy bed.
I was disappointed with this too, we stayed in yacht club for 2 weeks and i had to call housekeeping several times to empty the bins and change the towels and bring more coffee pods. At the cost i was paying i feel that's the least i should have expected.
Old 9 Jun 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We spent about the same and we only did 4/5 sit down meals.

The food and drink costs in Disney is extortionate
Old 9 Jun 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
I was also there the same time and agree with all your comments.

I really thought Genie+ was great and worked very well for us. Did the same as you in that started stacking days later in the holiday.

One thing we noticed a lot (so much so we thought we were cursed) was the rides breaking constantly.

Mickey and Minnie 3 times
Haunted Mansion
Splash
Space
ROTR
Slinky

And there were more i have forgotten. I haven't been in ten years so i don't know if this is usual but i couldn't believe how often they broke.
Yes thought there were a lot more down time with rides also, not just rise which has always been patchy but the others too. We did rise one day and got the bit when you sit in the car and the thing broke, they gave us a LL for later but very frustrating
Old 9 Jun 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
$60 tip?! Absolutely no way would I pay that! The whole tipping thing has got completely bonkers and out of control. I have enjoyed reading your review and it has cemented the fact that Disney is no longer for us.
I thought the same when I read it. $60. Lunacy
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List