Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

* How Much Food Can We Eat In 3 Weeks? Baillies Do Disney - Day 5 - Epcot *

Day 5
Epcot
#BailliesDoDisney
Instagram stories on @bailliesdodisney

We started the day off with a Bob Evans breakfast today after we had just chilled out in the villa for most of the morning.

We usually stay in Disney hotels so staying in a villa this time is SO different! We are not used to having our own space, our own pool and games room. It's actually brilliant!

Well, apart from that the games room is clearly more tempting to everyone else than getting dressed in a morning... 🙄

Crazy that it took Covid for us to change the way we do things though!
Maybe some good will come from it... Nah... Forget that!
I can't give Covid credit for anything.
It literally ruined my life for 2 years!

Anyway back to breakfast, our kids have renamed it to Bob Heavens because it was THAT good! If you've not eaten here before, we really recommend it! Great portion sizes, cheap and everything tastes really good!

Then onto Epcot for the afternoon and we got our first bit of Disney Magic from a cast member...

We were sat waiting in the LONG queue for standard parking.
Let's face it, preferred parking is brilliant but at $25 a day, standard is expensive enough! And they waved just us through into preffered!

If they knew that our kids were in the back seat arguing about who the squishy sausage dog thing that I bought two from B&m belonged to, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done it!

But there we were, peasants turned royalty!

Too far?!

Yeah maybe, but it was pretty special getting out of the car and seeing the cars still queued up in the distance!

We got through security into the park and Callum realised he didn't have his sunglasses...
Of course he doesn't have his sunglasses when the sun literally burns into your eyeballs everyday!
He thinks they are in the car -

Spoiler - they weren't! He clearly left them in Bob Evans even though he was sure that he didn't and put them into his bag.
The same bag that hadn't been opened until we had got into the park... Teenagers 😂

Me and Paige had a little photopass photoshoot though whilst we waited for them to check! 😁

Today we did:

Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure - Brilliant! We had done it in Paris previously but still such a good ride.
Frozen Ever After - Lovely, Paige loved it.
The Seas With Nemo and Friends - Cute and good memories from this ride.
Turtle Talk with Crush - So funny!
Living With the Land - informative and a good place to cool the hell down!
Test Track - After it being down All day, it finally re-started. Our car didn't work so they will still clearly having issues! 😭 But still really enjoyed it!

We were totally all over the park though with the Genie+ selections.

Listen, just don't ever ask me for directions! I am terrible! So I usually ask Michael his opinion before booking anything...

I always get a thumbs up because he's probably not really listening...
BUT he will sure as hell moan about it later when we have to go back on ourselves! 🤦🏼

I would absolutely love to give him the job of arranging our day and see how good he does!
But he wouldn't because he's 'happy for me to decide' ... Yeah I bet! I would love for someone to plan me a bloody good day in Disney!
Planners, you feel me right?

Teppan Edo for lunch! Wow! Just brilliant! And that food 😍
We ordered the filet!... Take note Longhorns, THIS is how a filet should taste!
The family on our table were so lovely too! 😁

We came out and Burt Blague was just starting his show. He's so funny! Callum was picked to catch the balls. It was brilliant!

This is what I love about Disney, you could literally have the best day without doing any rides if you wanted to because there's always something going on!

We then went to Club Cool and got the kids with Beverly! Callum forgets everytime. 🤣

But seriously what is with some people!
We queue... You get your drinks station and you try your drinks...repeat! Literally every single station is doing the same thing but clearly this rule doesn't apply to Jane with the curly hair.
Clearly Jane thinks she's better than anyone else and can just push into another famlies station... Well not today! I told her to get back into her own lane! 🤣

Quick stop at Karamell-Küche - WOW! Especially the Caramel popcorn and the Caramel butter bar! The gingerbread cookie was good too but a little sickly.

It was around 7.30pm at this point, Test Track was booked for 8.16pm, Harmonious at 9pm and me and Michael had our first words of the trip...
You all know what I'm talking about!

He wanted to go home because he was tired. 😴
I wanted to stay and watch the fireworks but I was tired too!

After missing the Lion King Show for him to get a coffee the other day, I wasn't backing down this time! I think the word selfish was thrown in from both sides...🤣

We didn't leave.
The fireworks were amazing and then you know when they admit they were wrong and you were right?!

Yeah that!

It was so worth staying for! Genuinely one of the best things I've ever watched at Disney ever.
It got me right in the feels! 😍

We queued for the night photopass of the Epcot ball because it's so, SO beautiful at night but as he got to us, he said the batteries on his flash had gone and he didn't have spare... Like WHAT?! Who doesn't bring spare, lend some... Just figure something out because we have just stood there for 10 minutes waiting for YOU. But he just told us there were other photographers around... 🙄

Paige fell asleep on the way out of Epcot though. It was really cute and ended the day perfectly before our short walk to preffered parking!

Universal tomorrow 💜
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day Bob Evans is one of our favourites

Joan
Old 16 Jun 22, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Day 5
Epcot
#BailliesDoDisney
Instagram stories on @bailliesdodisney

We started the day off with a Bob Evans breakfast today after we had just chilled out in the villa for most of the morning.

We usually stay in Disney hotels so staying in a villa this time is SO different! We are not used to having our own space, our own pool and games room. It's actually brilliant!

Well, apart from that the games room is clearly more tempting to everyone else than getting dressed in a morning... 🙄

Crazy that it took Covid for us to change the way we do things though!
Maybe some good will come from it... Nah... Forget that!
I can't give Covid credit for anything.
It literally ruined my life for 2 years!

Anyway back to breakfast, our kids have renamed it to Bob Heavens because it was THAT good! If you've not eaten here before, we really recommend it! Great portion sizes, cheap and everything tastes really good!

Then onto Epcot for the afternoon and we got our first bit of Disney Magic from a cast member...

We were sat waiting in the LONG queue for standard parking.
Let's face it, preferred parking is brilliant but at $25 a day, standard is expensive enough! And they waved just us through into preffered!

If they knew that our kids were in the back seat arguing about who the squishy sausage dog thing that I bought two from B&m belonged to, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done it!

But there we were, peasants turned royalty!

Too far?!

Yeah maybe, but it was pretty special getting out of the car and seeing the cars still queued up in the distance!

We got through security into the park and Callum realised he didn't have his sunglasses...
Of course he doesn't have his sunglasses when the sun literally burns into your eyeballs everyday!
He thinks they are in the car -

Spoiler - they weren't! He clearly left them in Bob Evans even though he was sure that he didn't and put them into his bag.
The same bag that hadn't been opened until we had got into the park... Teenagers 😂

Me and Paige had a little photopass photoshoot though whilst we waited for them to check! 😁

Today we did:

Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure - Brilliant! We had done it in Paris previously but still such a good ride.
Frozen Ever After - Lovely, Paige loved it.
The Seas With Nemo and Friends - Cute and good memories from this ride.
Turtle Talk with Crush - So funny!
Living With the Land - informative and a good place to cool the hell down!
Test Track - After it being down All day, it finally re-started. Our car didn't work so they will still clearly having issues! 😭 But still really enjoyed it!

We were totally all over the park though with the Genie+ selections.

Listen, just don't ever ask me for directions! I am terrible! So I usually ask Michael his opinion before booking anything...

I always get a thumbs up because he's probably not really listening...
BUT he will sure as hell moan about it later when we have to go back on ourselves! 🤦🏼

I would absolutely love to give him the job of arranging our day and see how good he does!
But he wouldn't because he's 'happy for me to decide' ... Yeah I bet! I would love for someone to plan me a bloody good day in Disney!
Planners, you feel me right?

Teppan Edo for lunch! Wow! Just brilliant! And that food 😍
We ordered the filet!... Take note Longhorns, THIS is how a filet should taste!
The family on our table were so lovely too! 😁

We came out and Burt Blague was just starting his show. He's so funny! Callum was picked to catch the balls. It was brilliant!

This is what I love about Disney, you could literally have the best day without doing any rides if you wanted to because there's always something going on!

We then went to Club Cool and got the kids with Beverly! Callum forgets everytime. 🤣

But seriously what is with some people!
We queue... You get your drinks station and you try your drinks...repeat! Literally every single station is doing the same thing but clearly this rule doesn't apply to Jane with the curly hair.
Clearly Jane thinks she's better than anyone else and can just push into another famlies station... Well not today! I told her to get back into her own lane! 🤣

Quick stop at Karamell-Küche - WOW! Especially the Caramel popcorn and the Caramel butter bar! The gingerbread cookie was good too but a little sickly.

It was around 7.30pm at this point, Test Track was booked for 8.16pm, Harmonious at 9pm and me and Michael had our first words of the trip...
You all know what I'm talking about!

He wanted to go home because he was tired. 😴
I wanted to stay and watch the fireworks but I was tired too!

After missing the Lion King Show for him to get a coffee the other day, I wasn't backing down this time! I think the word selfish was thrown in from both sides...🤣

We didn't leave.
The fireworks were amazing and then you know when they admit they were wrong and you were right?!

Yeah that!

It was so worth staying for! Genuinely one of the best things I've ever watched at Disney ever.
It got me right in the feels! 😍

We queued for the night photopass of the Epcot ball because it's so, SO beautiful at night but as he got to us, he said the batteries on his flash had gone and he didn't have spare... Like WHAT?! Who doesn't bring spare, lend some... Just figure something out because we have just stood there for 10 minutes waiting for YOU. But he just told us there were other photographers around... 🙄

Paige fell asleep on the way out of Epcot though. It was really cute and ended the day perfectly before our short walk to preffered parking!

Universal tomorrow 💜
What an absolutely amazing day, I need to try Bob Evans too, so many new places recommended on the DIBB 😋😋😋
I’m so glad you stayed for the fireworks after the let down of the LK show 😩
Lovely photos that Gingerbread cookie looks good 🙊sickly or not

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

What a great day! I've always wanted to try one of those butter bars! X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day Bob Evans is one of our favourites

Joan

It's so so good!
Definitely one which is going to stay on our list!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
What an absolutely amazing day, I need to try Bob Evans too, so many new places recommended on the DIBB 😋😋😋
I’m so glad you stayed for the fireworks after the let down of the LK show 😩
Lovely photos that Gingerbread cookie looks good 🙊sickly or not
Top many to try isn't there?! But honestly, we went twice and it's so so good! Our favourite breakfast for sure!
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
What a great day! I've always wanted to try one of those butter bars! X
We recommend, they are very good!
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You managed to do loads at Epcot after your fun morning in the pool. Genie+ does seem to result in lots of crossing backwards and forwards in the parks. At least you got on loads of rides. Harmonious does sound like it's a good fireworks show. I can't wait to see it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Just caught up you've had a great trip so far shame you didn't get the Spaceship Earth photo but other than that think you got some great family photo's. Never done a villa stay before but like the idea of having the pool just there so the kids can have a dip whenever they want I'll wait a few more years till our little one can swim properly then I'll do it I think
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

Oh we have stayed in a villa on most of our trips, we love Bob Evans!
Hubby and I went to Washington once when I was there for work staying about an hour away from the city and had to find a Bob Evans for breakfast there too!
Good to see you are getting so much done, getting me excited for booking next year’s trip, too many teenager exams to get out of the way first
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List