Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Arrived yesterday Bristol - melbourne

Hi guys
We flew yesterday, with TUI Bristol to Melbourne premium Fly Drive.

Bristol - flight was 0945 we arrived 6.30am to check in
Premium service was served right away, a hand full of people in the normal line.

Asked right away if I had copies of covid pass and estas, glad I printed them off and so was she.

Fast track through security line was empty. And was in departures within minutes.

If your premium there was no call or specific line to board the plane - once at gate 15 at down the bottom of the stairs there was a sign to say premium priority boarding keep to the left. By then what’s the point?

Flight finally took off at 10.30 and flew indirect to Sharron in Ireland to add more fuel. We stayed on flight but due to airforce 2 being there at the same time we didn’t take off for quite some time.

Food was amazing, if you fly in the next few days, have the roast beef, it was cooked in red wine and was so tender it melted in your mouth.

Inflight entertainment- meh 🫤 the only thing I watched was encanto and Bob is broken (I think) the new matrix was on there, dune, latest Wonder Woman.

We was first off the plane and you get cases first then head to customs. One of our cases was last off all but so was a bit disappointed about that - lee’s priority label was no longer on his case if it was in there in the first place.

Car hire was easy, you get your car key and given the block your in (B) and the plot number.

Drive to Orlando..I have to say, one of the best we have had (Sanford and MCO) I was a bit anxious as we didn’t order a sat nav or hire one from eBay before we went but I downloaded Waze and was brilliant so thank you fellow dibbers for that heads up the other day.
Tolls was near on $6 and I had change for that.

Hilton Lake Buena Vista Disney springs.
Amazing! Smells wonderful.
We was asked to pay deposit of £120, parked the car ourselves and wasn’t given any resort fees costs so must be included with our booking via travel republic.

We have resort view room and in the distance you can see Epcot ball.
It’s also walking distance to Disney springs which lovely last night.

If you have any concerns driving from Melbourne, please don’t the time was 1.30 hrs and honestly flew by.

I will be doing a little post with videos of our drive from MLB to Disney.

Along with resort posts as we have a few stays in different resorts
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif

Edited at 01:20 PM.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Thanks. All positive and off to a good start. Looking forward to
the next instalment !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
paultall90
slightly serious Dibber

sounds good, watching with intres
Old 18 Aug 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
paultall90
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
Asked right away if I had copies of covid pass and estas, glad I printed them off and so was she.
what is the covid pass you printed off

Edited at 01:45 PM.
paultall90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

all of the gates at Bristol are priority boarding to one side but they dont say it at the top of the stairs but i think it is halfway down.
This is for any flight and any airline
Old 18 Aug 22, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Sounds like a good travel day, I’m not a fan of charter airlines but you have def presented tui in a very positive light
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
It’s the nhs app covid vaccination pass records. Shows how many vaccinations you have had and if you are up to date
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
paultall90
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
It’s the nhs app covid vaccination pass records. Shows how many vaccinations you have had and if you are up to date
thanks that is what I thought but doubted myself