Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Aug 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Safe journey and have a wonderful time!
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Safe flight!
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Safe flight! Hopefully you're at your first accommodation!

The lounge food doesn't look as bad as some I have been in! The price is worth it just for a cup of tea in peace and away from the rat race that is the terminal!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thanks everyone. I'll reply properly in the morning. Arrived safely. Although drive from Tampa was horrifying. Big thunderstorms. Was so stressful!
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
The plane

Firstly thanks to all the comments. Sorry I haven’t replied properly but I’ve got a little lost on where I am. Proper replies from now on.

So on we go! BA flight to Tampa.

Shortly after take off we got the mandatory pretzels. This packet may now live in the bottom of the seat pocket depending on how well the plane gets cleaned. Not very popular.

Two of us braved the plane food, two of us didn’t.

It was a choice of I think a vegetarian curry and chicken and mash with mushroom gravy. Both Evie and I went for the latter. Determined to show journalistic fortitude we braved it even though we didn’t want to.

It came with a bread roll that was drier than the Sahara desert, a pot of something that I have no idea what it was, cheese and crackers and a strawberry pudding. To be fair the chicken and mash was shockingly actually ok. Took me by surprise and the pudding was edible as well.

Before the flight we bought meal deals from Boots that did the trick at various points throughout the flight.

Both Evie and I went for Chicken and Bacon Caesar Wraps, Lily went for a pasta Salad and Kelly went for Duck wrap. We bought various crisps and accompanying items.

Later on we were given a basic shortbread biscuit each.

An hour or so before landing we were offered either a chicken tikka wrap or a mozzarella and tomato wrap. None of wanted anything but Lily was ready to take one for the team and went for the mozzarella one. She didn’t like it. Is it just me but does the idea of chicken tikka in a wrap sound totally unethical?

So that was the plane. 5 out of 10 for the plane food. 6.5 out of 10 for the Meal deals.

Edited at 10:31 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Bayliner Diner Cabana Bay

The dreaded jet lag. 3am here and wide awake

We arrived at Cabana Bay about 7.45pm after a horrendous drive up from Tampa. It was stop start with thunderstorms on the I4. I don’t think I’ve ever gripped a steering wheel so hard. It was terrifying! Tampa incidentally was a lovely airport and a much nicer experience than MCO.

We checked in and headed out for some food. The girls at this point were desperately tired. I was hoping to spend a bit more time perusing the menu and options but it was a case of getting in the shortest line possible and doing the quickest option. It was pretty busy so this turned out to be the Deli.

I also grabbed one refil mug for the length of stay. Around $18 I think.

Both girls went for the Turkey and provolone sandwich. It came with a choice of side which was either fruit, salad or chips(crisps). Both really enjoyed them but not so keen on the chips.

Kelly went for the Ultimate Grilled Cheese sandwich with chips. Loved the sandwich but again not the chips.

I went for the beef sandwich. I lost a lot of weight for this holiday so I’m determined not to go from a Frankenfine to a Frankenstein until at least the second week so went for fruit. The sandwich was lovely. So thick that I made a mess!

Lily got a milk and Evie a water so it was about $75 for everything including the refil mug for the length of stay. A nice start.

I’ll do a proper post of the Bayliner Diner report when go next. We were too dead on our feet this first visit.

7.5 out of 10.

Edited at 09:34 AM.
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Glad you have all arrived safely, the drive sounds stressful how long was the drive up was it worth it any saving going in to Tampa, My husband does the driving in the US my brain cant compute how to drive on the other side of the road, but coming out of Miami airport in rush hour gave me the same feeling gripping on to the seat and your blood pressure going from nothing to about 400, food at Cabana Bay looks good hope you eventually get to sleep ..
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Top tip for me is to remember my Boots card so I can get the meal deal, water and anything else for free! Save my money for some other treat... 😃
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Great so far, hate driving in the rain over there- agree it’s terrifying!
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Glad you’re all there safely!

The deli food at bayliner diner looks surprisingly good!

Loving the ratings out of 10 of the food places
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List