Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Jul 22, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Scottishnellies Mediterranean Cruise. day 3 Ibiza

I woke up at 5:20am and Kevin was peeking out of the curtain. He then lifted his phone and went out on the balcony. When I went out he was taking pictures of the most stunning sunrise.

Back to bed then back up when the alarm went off at 8. Ibiza today and we had decided to get off the ship nice n early and just spend a few hours in Ibiza before returning to the ship.

we both went for breakfast and I had a cheese omelette and crispy bacon

Kevin had a huge bowl of fruit and yoghurt followed by a cooked breakfast. They even have black pudding here

The daily planner gives really clear information for each port so they make it very easy for you to get off and explore. I had used the website whatsinport to decide what to do at the ports we were getting off at.

Then we left the ship, walked the 200 yards to complimentary coach.

That took us into the port saying the bus would run every 20 minutes back n forth to the ship all day. we got off and straight into a taxi, asking him to take us to the top of Dalt Vila. This cost 12 euros

It was beautiful up there with gorgeous views around Ibiza town

We wandered all around there then made our way back down through all the wee cobbled streets

There were so many lovely wee bars, cafes and shops. So pretty.

We ended up back down at the port and had a nosy at all the lovely boats.

It was getting really hot now and we walked back along to where the coach dropped us to find one sitting waiting. Onto the coach (only 8 of us on there) and off we went. We really are so impressed with Celebrity so far. You’re never left waiting or queuing for anything. Very efficient.

Back on the ship we went back to our cabin for a wee disco nap. We definitely did it the right way getting the taxi up and walking down. Even at that we had tired legs and felt we’d had the sun.

Once up we went to the buffet lunch and the girl on the door explained they were having a south Asian special today. As well as all the usual offerings there were stir fry’s being cooked to order with all kinds of noodle and rice dishes.

I had chicken noodle soup (delicious) followed by sweet chilli chicken and lemon rice. The chicken was so soft and it was very tasty (forgot a photo). Kevin had kung op chicken, some kind of pork and spicy rice - loved it all

then we tried the desserts - cassava cake which was like a thick coconut cake. Tasted nice but too stodgy for me

Then Maha Blanca which is made with eggs, cream, & sweet corn. It really shouldn’t work as a dessert, but it did -and I scoffed it. I also tried the mango rice pudding which was delicious but I was stuffed to the gunells.

We rolled ourselves outside and flopped onto a pair of sunbeds beside the pool to doze off our lunch. We’ve always just walked up to a bed at the pool every time so far and it was quiet again today. Tomorrow is an at sea day so maybe will be much busier then.

I had put a story on Instagram. I’m rubbish with my insta and usually if there’s anything on it it’s because Hannah has put it on. But she had sat me down before I came away and showed me step by step how to put the pictures on and add music, but today was the first time my signal was strong enough to do it. Anyway I managed it, then was roaring laughing when I opened this later from Hannah….

Roasting hot again today so I made sure I was drinking loads of water & juice. We think that’s why I got so drunk that first night. I hardly drank any water and sat in the sun, so I was probably just too dehydrated to handle 4 martinis. I am going to attempt them again at some point as I want to try the lemon drop martini - just for Louise!

Once it got to 5pm I did have a wee pina colada

Kevin was away walking round the track up on deck. He’s trying to walk as much as possible to fend off all he’s eating and drinking. When we go between our cabin on the 7th floor, and the pool on 14th or the bars on the 4th most of the time he takes the stairs while I get the lift. I’m too lazy. We usually arrive about the same time!

Headed down to the cabin to get ready. Once I’d had my shower I sat on the balcony with a cocktail and watched all the pretty young folk zooming back in on their boats to Ibiza town for their evening. Plus the odd pirate ship of course!

Face on, frock on we went to Normandy for our dinner tonight, taking the obligatory mirror selfie. On the way we met a guy called Iain and his wife who has set up a Facebook page for this sailing which was really handy. Was nice to meet them and compare experiences so far. Like us it’s their first cruise and they are very impressed with celebrity.

Into the restaurant for our 8pm booking. When we booked, my travel agent friend who booked it selected us ‘anytime dining’ but she told me that as soon as check in opened on the app a few weeks before, I should go in and reserve a table for 2 people for whatever time I wanted every night and a main dining room, so I just booked a table for 2 at 8pm each night rotating round the 4 main dining room restaurants. I’m so glad she told me to do that. As when we met Iain he was saying they have anytime dining too, but are just turning up and at times are having to wait quite a while for a table. And yes, each restaurant does have groups of people waiting outside each time we’ve been but but we’ve been directed straight to our reserved table every time.

we both had the baked Brie starter. Oh my. This was absolutely lush.

then I had the salmon which was delicious. I was worried it would taste too much of lavendar but although there was a wee background note I couldn’t have told you what it was if I hadn’t read it in the menu. Just a hint really.

Kevin had the steak, and while not as melting in the mouth as last night, he said it was still really tasty.

the desserts were a bit of a let down. Kevin chose the lava cake which really wasn’t a lava cake as it was cold n solid. Kevin likes a warm pudding type dessert and wouldn’t have ordered it otherwise.

and my panna cotta didn’t really taste of anything

Also, Kevin finished his wine during the main course but it wasn’t topped up. Usually you never see the bottom of the wine glass as they just keep topping up as they pass. So nothing terrible, but it was the first time we could find anything that could’ve been a bit better. When the waitress took our unfinished dessert plates away she was asking why they weren’t finished so we said. Next thing the manager is over apologising, asking if they can get us something else etc. then I felt bad for saying anything!

We left there and headed to the Martini Bar where Kevin got his now favourite espresso martini, and I got the lavendar lemon drop as recommended by Louise! It was ok but more tart than my sweet tooth demands so Kevin ending up drinking both. Probably just as well since martinis appear to be a danger point for me.

There was a duo playing tonight but they were a bit too jazzy for us and felt a bit flat n bleak. They even did ‘girls just wanna have fun’ and made it sound depressing so we bailed after those first drinks and decided to try Eden next.

Eden is stunning. All big plants and garden vibes with big comfy sofas. There was one wee bit with all the plants and wicker chairs that gave me a flashback to the Beachcomber Bar in Butlins 1980! It was a nice feeling! It had an acoustic band on and they were brilliant. Very upbeat and playing a brilliant mix of songs with even a wee bit of my beloved country thrown in. So it was brilliant sitting there. There were plenty of people getting up for a dance.

Kevin asked them for a sweet cocktail for me and the barman gave him one saying he’d just made it up. It tasted quite like a White Russian so I was happy and sipped away at that all night. Kevin was drinking beers he really likes with the odd wee tiny espresso martini thrown in. We quite happily spent the rest of the night there before yawning our way to bed.

We sailed right out to sea tonight (and for the next 24 hours) where the signal isn’t strong enough to load the report the next day - hence why it’s very late!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great day in Ibiza! Generally I find dessert a let down on the different cruise lines I’ve been on. Cocktails make up for it though 😂
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Ibiza old town is lovely. We had a holiday there about 20 years ago and really enjoyed visiting it. Your photos are great!
The food looks very impressive- my mouth is watering at the thought of the baked Brie! We’ve only been on two cruises and hadn’t thought of trying Celebrity, but they seem very impressive. Hope your sea day goes well and that you manage to get a sun bed!
Old 13 Jul 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Is the ship full Helen it doesn't look too busy ? Looks like you are having a fab time as usual some lovely pictures of you both xx
Old 13 Jul 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Ibiza town looked lovely, as did that baked brie starter! Another lovely day, have you bought a drinks package or is it included in the price of the cruise?
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Is the ship full Helen it doesn't look too busy ? Looks like you are having a fab time as usual some lovely pictures of you both xx
Apparently it’s about 80% capacity but it feels fine. Busy enough for a good atmosphere but so many places available to sit or lie. The next day is a sea day which was busier.

Helen xx

trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Ibiza town looked lovely, as did that baked brie starter! Another lovely day, have you bought a drinks package or is it included in the price of the cruise?
Ours was booked as ‘always included’ so included all tips, wifi, and the premium drinks package.

Helen xx

trip report list by year
Old 13 Jul 22, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Ibiza looked lovely very cute
Loved your white dress & hat combo
Lunch looked FAB but Shame about desserts though 🤷
There’s always tomorrow 😋😋
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Lovely day x

I'm surprised to read that this is your first cruise, I could've sworn I've read another trippy of yours with a cruise in - I must be making things up

Edited at 09:16 AM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I am loving your report so much! Celebrity ships are so beautiful its making me want to go again as soon as possible!
Thank you for trying the lemon drop - am missing those!
If you need a good dessert hit, try cafe al bacio, they have the nicest things every day, the sticky buns at breakfast were my favourite. Are you in a porthole balcony? Am trying to decide which type of room to book on this ship type as we haven’t been on edge class yet, we are eyeing up beyond for next year. Any pros cons for the room would be great.
You look so stunning in all your outfits, especially in that heat! Ibiza looks pretty, another place I have never been.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List