Old 16 Jul 22, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Why can't you nip into Epcot for F&W etc? As long as you go to your chosen/reserved park in the morning you can hop back and forth.

I guess won't work if you don't want to go to your booked park in the evening but worth keeping in mind.
Yes I thought that to but as it's our 2nd week I hadn't planned on morning park visits, only evening ones. I guess I could have booked Epcot every day as we all be able to park hop. But at the time of booking that seemed risky. Lol, I did over think it a bit

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've seen them on here a few times, but never had one! It looks delicious.

No i haven't seen that thank you for letting me know.

Thank you, I hope it's fun to read x
The cookie bars last for days too!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I love it! I couldn’t see the seven seas lagoon cocktail on the bar or restaurant but wonder if it’s something they do on request. But they do a Tequila Sunrise for Two (for me) which has tequila and pog juice which I’d settle for in a pinch 🙊🙊
It may have been made on request, I wish I’d asked for you

Abby we have had many Smoked Turkeys over the years in the WL - it always felt like a perfect Xmas drink (though I’m fairly sure we also had it in the summer 😆 )

Your plans look very good. Just a suggestion for your stay at BWV, there are a couple of QS type places at the Dolphin (don’t know if they are still there) which we found pretty reasonable and IIRC we even got a DVC discount, though I’m going back to 2016/17 there.

I’m sad the Belle Vue Lounge isn’t being used as a bar any more.
Old 16 Jul 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

Abby we have had many Smoked Turkeys over the years in the WL - it always felt like a perfect Xmas drink (though I’m fairly sure we also had it in the summer 😆 )

Your plans look very good. Just a suggestion for your stay at BWV, there are a couple of QS type places at the Dolphin (don’t know if they are still there) which we found pretty reasonable and IIRC we even got a DVC discount, though I’m going back to 2016/17 there.

Ah don’t worry, if we make it I’ll be sure to find out

Goldia, love the look of your planned resort ADRs. Can’t wait to see what you think of the magic cookie bar - I loved them but couldn’t finish it in one sitting. So nice eating one with a hot choc over looking the lake 😍

Just noticed it’s single digit day!
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The cookie bars last for days too!
That's good, we've had cookies from Main Street that have lasted days too. There does tend to come a point where you can only eat a few bites as everything is so rich.

I do a homemade version of the smoked turkey at home with Jim Beam bourbon and red stag cherry bourbon, a splash of grenadine and lemonade. They are nice, but nowhere near as good as the ones we've had in WDW.

Thanks for reminding me about the Dolphin. We will have to remember to go over there. I'm going to try my luck with the DVC discounts. I've seen a few resale owners say they had the discount applied and so I have saved the card to my phone. I'll be very happy if we do get it and very grateful to the members on here who mentioned it.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Ah don’t worry, if we make it I’ll be sure to find out

Goldia, love the look of your planned resort ADRs. Can’t wait to see what you think of the magic cookie bar - I loved them but couldn’t finish it in one sitting. So nice eating one with a hot choc over looking the lake 😍

Just noticed it’s single digit day!
Hurrah

We're off to Disney soon

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Table Service in Parks

Right then let’s talk about the ADRs I’ve made in the parks.

Yak and Yeti at AK is a first for us, we’ve eaten at the quick service before and like it a lot, so this year I decided we should try out the TS. I’ve got a Landry card and my Orlando birthday is in July so I will have my $25 birthday reward as well

In MK we’ve eaten at most of the TS restaurants this trip we are going to the final TS that are new to us The Plaza and Liberty Tree Tavern. I love Garden Grill at Epcot and the Thanksgiving style dinner they do at LTT is similar to Garden Grill so I’m looking forward to this a lot. Plus, I've heard AJ from Disney Food Blog mention the ooey gooey toffee cake so many times I cannot wait to try it out

The Plaza will be mostly for the sundaes. Again, what’s not to like!

At Epcot I couldn’t pass up Space 220 and I managed to book up the lounge for our first night at Boardwalk Villas. I’m looking forward to going up into space

The other ADR we have at Epcot is for Nine Dragons, another new to us restaurant. I’m thinking we will order a few of the appetisers to share as small plates. Kate likes Chinese starters like prawn toast and wontons so I think this will be a winner.

We don’t have any ADRs at HS. I debated (with myself) booking up Mama Melrose or Sci Fi Dine In, we haven’t been to either since 2016, but in the end I decided against both of these. For Mama Melrose I figure there is better Italian off site if we get the urge and Sci Fi was Max’s favourite and as he’s not with us on this trip I wanted to leave it for another time. Here are Max and Kate not so patiently waiting for our table to be ready.

So, that’s it for in the parks, not that many ADRs really as most of the ADRs are at resorts or in Disney Springs.

Next up I’ll share our plans for lounges, quick service and snacks in the parks

Old 17 Jul 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yak and Yeti is one of our favourites - feels to genuinely have different options to many TS park options. Never had a bad meal (and we’ve been many times over the years).

The Plaza was always one of our favourites particularly if you get a table which gives you a castle view

LTT we have had mixed experiences to be honest.

Nine Dragons gets a bashing but we quite liked it when we went!

Space 220 will be epic for you I hope!
Old 17 Jul 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your ADR list sounds right up our street! We love Yak & Yeti and do it usually twice each trip. We didn’t manage LTT or Nine Dragons this trip despite having both booked. Maybe next time.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Yak and Yeti is one of our favourites - feels to genuinely have different options to many TS park options. Never had a bad meal (and we’ve been many times over the years).

The Plaza was always one of our favourites particularly if you get a table which gives you a castle view

LTT we have had mixed experiences to be honest.

Nine Dragons gets a bashing but we quite liked it when we went!

Space 220 will be epic for you I hope!
I dread to think what our bill will be at Space 220, it will largely be cocktails as its on the same day as our visit to Beaches and Cream. There won't be any food and wine at Epcot that evening, we will surely be stuffed.

I'm glad you enjoy Yak and Yet, it does look like an interesting menu. I'd love to get a castle view when we go to the Plaza that will be awesome.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Your ADR list sounds right up our street! We love Yak & Yeti and do it usually twice each trip. We didn’t manage LTT or Nine Dragons this trip despite having both booked. Maybe next time.
I know from your trip report to beware the specials at Yak and Yeti, well at least to be prepared for the prices. And you know I'm so keen to try out LTT. Even in the heat of summer it's the sort of food we all love.

Old 17 Jul 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Caught up with your food trip report now!

Looking forward to seeing all the cocktails.

Adr list sound great, we've got Space 220 lounge booked and Beaches and Cream. We've been to Liberty Tree Tavern a couple of times and have really enjoyed the food. We'll also be trying the Plaza for the first time, hope to get a sundae there.

Looking forward to hearing more
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List