Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Aug 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Glad you got on the rides today. Lunch looked nice and how lovely to have a meet up over cocktails 🍸🍹
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I've not managed to ride Hagrids yet - have only been 1 day at Universal both of last 2 trips. Interesting that you rate it higher than Velocicoaster though. I really want to ride it next year but 2 hours in the queue
Velocicoaster was so fast it was hard to take it all in. Hagrids is fast, but there are slower bits, with some surprises that I wasn't expecting and having the front row made it more thrilling I think.

You are right though 2 hours is about 1h30 above our usual limit!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Pleased you had a great day and the rides worked out, still a long wait for Hagrids but I would do it especially to get the front row! A lovely cocktail catch up with Michelle although I think you should have gone to saltgrass for the froserita only because I can’t stop thinking about it😆
Dave was a bit huffy in the queue and there were a few comments along the lines of "this better be worth it" 😉 I think it was worth it.

It was a lot of fun to catch up with Michelle, she's a lovely lady.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Velocicoaster is definitely not for me and I'm on the fence about Hagrids but I'm so glad that you got to ride both of them. Good thinking on the special ticket as now you've got a second chance to ride your favourite without a long wait. Today's food looks great and you and Michelle certainly did a good job sampling the cocktails for trip report purposes.
Without spoiling it too much Hagrids is fast, but doesn't go upside down, so if that's your limit then you should be fine with it. We will be using our special ticket for Hagrids, we should be able to ride Velocicoaster with a relatively short wait of around 40 minutes.

We sure were troopers, having 4 different cocktails just for you guys 😉

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Abby another great day. The lamb burger at Mythos is my favourite.

So nice you and Michelle got together for a catch up and cocktails.
The lamb burger was delicious. I couldn't believe the size of the cocktail there. That glass was huge!

We had a lovely time, it was great to meet in person.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
How lovely you got to meet for cocktails 🍸
Michelle is lovely so it's very easy to talk to her, and fortunately we have a love of Orlando in common, so lots to say!

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Seems a lovely day! What a great meal at Mythos and a fab DIBB meet up over cocktails 😍
It was a great day, lots of cool Islands of Adventure rides. It's such a great park. Plus a fab meal at Mythos and then meeting Michelle.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Another lovely day and how nice to have a meet up 😀
It was a lovely day. The weather held off long enough for us to do the water rides in the afternoon, so we arrived at Royal Pacific in the afternoon looking like drowned rats!

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Glad you got on the rides today. Lunch looked nice and how lovely to have a meet up over cocktails 🍸🍹
A much better day of rides thank goodness. Universal have been killing us with the rides going down. We enjoyed our lunch, it was good to have a break from the park and the food was yummy. I had such a lot of fun meeting Michelle.

Old 15 Aug 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your lamb burger looked sensational, you can do the cheese sandwich next time! 😁

Thank you for a brilliant catch up, the cocktails were delicious and the company was fantastic 😍💕

Have the best day with your golden tickets, I see Hagrid’s in your future! 🤩 xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

So good to see Mythos! I had an equally large cocktail in there… they are literally the size of your head aren’t they

Lovely catch up with you and Michelle, so lovely to be able to do that on your holiday!

I’d definitely use the ruby pass on Hagrid’s as the queue is always so long… I’m not sure I can choose my favourite between Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster though, it’s like choosing between children! 😂
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Your lamb burger looked sensational, you can do the cheese sandwich next time! 😁

Thank you for a brilliant catch up, the cocktails were delicious and the company was fantastic 😍💕

Have the best day with your golden tickets, I see Hagrid’s in your future! 🤩 xx
It was a fun catch up and lovely to finally meet in person.

Do you know what? We didn't use our special tickets today! My rationale is that we had the express passes we didn't need them. We had a fun day doing all our favourite rides at both parks. That was enough!

We will use the tickets tomorrow though.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
So good to see Mythos! I had an equally large cocktail in there… they are literally the size of your head aren’t they

Lovely catch up with you and Michelle, so lovely to be able to do that on your holiday!

I’d definitely use the ruby pass on Hagrid’s as the queue is always so long… I’m not sure I can choose my favourite between Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster though, it’s like choosing between children! 😂
It was so much fun to meet up and just chat.

I agree that Hagrids has to have the ruby ticket. The line for Velocicoaster hasn't gone over 50 minutes so we will still be able to ride it without too long a wait.

Old 16 Aug 22, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 19

We sacrificed early park entry for some time in the pool. When I say we, I mean Dave and I, Kate stayed in bed 😉.

A quick swim, and a lovely soak in the hot tub. We stayed around an hour and I tried to decide if 9.30 was too early for cocktails, in the end I saw the pool bar was closed which I’m sure is a disappointment to you all.

We went to the Tuk Tuk QS place for breakfast.

Kate had caramel frappucino and an egg, bacon and cheese hot ciabatta roll.

I joined her in the roll, it was good enough for a quick breakfast.

Dave went for the burrito, which was ham, egg and cheese.

He said there was barely any ham in it and more cheese than he would use at home.

Not a stellar breakfast, but we were ready to hit the parks.

After having our fill of our favourites in IOA we got the hogwarts express over to the other park. We bought drinks.

Kate had a frozen butter beer, Dave had a wizards brew which is sort of stout type beer, I had a strongbow.

We stopped for a very late lunch at the bumblebee taco truck.

We ordered a Duff beer, because you have to in Springfield, don't you?

To eat we had the Pollo Taco, marinated chicken in soft tortillas with onions and cilantro. Plus a Carne Asada Taco, marinated grilled beef in flour tortilla with onions and cilantro. These come with a side of tortilla chips and green salsa.

These were terrible. I mean really bad. They just had no flavour at all, which is a shame, we’ve had Tacos from this stand in the past and enjoyed them

Don’t go here. I’d rather you starved than ate their terrible Tacos.

We did our favourite rides in Universal, walked past the Mummy a bunch of times - you know, just in case they did a soft opening...but they didn't. So, it looks like we will miss out this trip.

I took some photos of the Halloween Horror nights preparations. Rescuer they are getting ready for you xx

We had a dinner reservation for 7pm at Cowfish. This is a must for us as we love it here.

Kate ordered a coke.

Dave settled on Nice and Rosey for his cocktail, four roses bourbon, blackberry brandy, cointreau, lemon juice and a simple syrup.

I was torn between the samurai desperado and the mango hunger, both tequila cocktails. After getting advice from the server I ended up going for the Samurai Desperado. She said that neither were too sweet, but the mango one has lots of pulp.

Dave and I decided to share our meals. I asked for a paper menu as I prefer to see everything but apparently there were no paper menus in the whole restaurant.

Fine, the QR code will have to do then!

We ordered two appetisers crispy Calamari, tubes and tentacles, and the crispy Brussels in a wasabi vinaigrette with rice noodles.

These were both delicious and we very much enjoyed them.

Plus we shared one of the sushi combos, the Nigiri Sashimi combo, 8 pieces of California roll, 6 pieces of Sashimi and 3 Nigiri, tuna, salmon and yellow tail.

The sushi was lovely and fresh. We finished the lot!

Kate ordered the CBCLT burger, half pound beef burger, cheddar cheese, apple wood bacon, white cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on a brioche bun, with a side of fries.

I was pretty impressed that she finished this burger. She left a handful of fries that I helped her with. They were yummy and salty.

For our second cocktail Dave had the same again, tut, tut. Doesn't he know he is supposed to get a different drink for research purposes.

I saw a beautiful fish glass being taken from the table next to us and asked what it was as I had to have it!

It’s called Pearl’s of Wisdom, and even if it doesn’t taste great it will look great, it has bacardi rum, blue curaçao, lime and pineapple juices, plus dragon fruit boba.

It was pretty good! I managed to drink it all and now I know I absolutely must have some of these fish glasses! How awesome are they?

Oh, and I think I spied George and his family of lovely ladies a couple of tables over from us when we were being seated, but they were eating so I didn't want to intrude. The next time I glanced over they had gone. I hope they had an enjoyable meal.

Tomorrow is our last day. Our flight is at 8.50pm so lots of time to enjoy more fun at the parks.

Old 16 Aug 22, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ll be eating in Cowfish in a few weeks - my fav Orlando restaurant too. I abs love the crab dip. Yum yum.

Thx for the cocktail tip. I’m definitely getting that. I want the glass too.

I want to go now! That’s totally your fault. 😂
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Cowfish looked great. You are right those fish glasses are fab.

So excited for October, especially as I’m back at school already, thanks for taking pictures of the pumpkins 🎃.

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed for the Mummy for you. Keep an eye on the annual pass Facebook page or Twitter just in case.