Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jul 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Puerto Pollensa recommendations

Any recommendations for restaurants, cocktail bars or anything to see/do in Puerto Pollensa?

I’ve been to Cala d’Or a couple of times in the past year and love it there but fancied a change.

We’re off for 4 nights this week.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

There’s a great restaurant at the marina called Stay. They have a huge selection of types of food.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

We’ve been to Cala D’or one but Puerto Pollensa 4 times - lovely place. Loads of restaurants on the beach front and in the town - all really nice - nice walk along the front as the beach is so long but narrow - we visited the market in Pollensa town once but if you are only going for a few days there’s plenty of places to eat and drink - there is a little town square that has a market twice a week aswell but gets very busy - after Florida it’s my favourite holiday destination.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Start your evening with a gin fizz cocktail on the front at the Hotel Illa d’Or, at the beginning of the beautiful, shady Pine Walk. The hotel was built in the 1920s and Hercules Poirot stays there in an Agatha Christie short story, Problem at Pollensa Bay.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thank you everyone for your suggestions

We tried to have a cocktail at Illa D’Or but they were out of the ingredients for frozen daiquiris 😯

We ate at Cappucino, Velomar, Eu Moll 37, Moll de Bellagio, Voss, Bahia and La Cabana. Had some fab meals!

My favourite for cocktails was Bar Tecun but we sampled a lot of places 😋

We also got the ferry over to Formentor for the day which was lovely!

Edited at 05:04 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hi hope you had a fab time 😊, we are off to PP in September for multi generational birthday celebrations, 30
60 and 80, but actually there for DH's 60th, can you recommend any of those restaurants for his birthday dinner?
Would probably prefer something Spanish.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IlDivoette View Post
Hi hope you had a fab time 😊, we are off to PP in September for multi generational birthday celebrations, 30
60 and 80, but actually there for DH's 60th, can you recommend any of those restaurants for his birthday dinner?
Would probably prefer something Spanish.
That sounds lovely! ☺️

I’d say La Cabana and Voss are great but to me are more of a day time vibe.

Velomar was great and does have Spanish options but also does good Italian. It’s small and is set right on the beach. We had pizzas there, with nachos and their take on patatas bravas (which were very good) to start:

EU Moll 37 is typical Spanish, set on the main strip by the beach and near the main square too. There’s 3 lovely ladies who work there and make you feel like family! We shared tapas of mushroom croquettes, patatas bravas, garlic prawns, bread with aioli and mini Camembert burgers. It was all fab! I’m not sure they take bookings though but I think if you approached them and explained it was for a birthday then they’d probably save you a table.

Moll de Bellagio is also very nice. It’s set on a side street with an inside area (it doesn’t look like much from the front but I found it via excellent tripadvisor reviews) and also an outdoor courtyard at the back which is really cute. It has a good pizza oven and we saw some lovely looking pizzas come out. We had burrata and croquettes (Serrano ham and chicken mixture) to start followed by a chef’s special calzone and the ricotta and spinach pasta. It was all really good, DH declared the pasta the best he’s ever had! I have their email address if you want to book.

Cappuccino was also really nice but pricey for the portion sizes in my opinion.

Also you must try Bar Tecun for cocktails - great atmosphere too!

PS yes I do photograph all my meals… it’s a habit from my Florida food reports hope it’s helpful!

Edited at 09:53 PM.
Old 25 Jul 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Wow thank you, love the photos haha, making me hungry, it all looks very good. I shall check them all out, definitely some good choices there for us. I love Tapas, could sit and eat for hours with a bottle of wine 😋.
Also love a cocktail 🤭

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IlDivoette View Post
Wow thank you, love the photos haha, making me hungry, it all looks very good. I shall check them all out, definitely some good choices there for us. I love Tapas, could sit and eat for hours with a bottle of wine 😋.
Also love a cocktail 🤭
Definitely give Voss and La Cabana a go for lunch too. Loved them!

Voss:

(the darker ones aren’t burnt, they’re squid ink!)

La Cabana:

I’d also highly suggest you get one of these ice cream sandwiches from the place next door to Dakota Tex Mex (sorry can’t remember the actual name) 😋

Old 28 Jul 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

Haven’t been for a few years but loved La Cabana they used to do great gluten free tapas
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List