Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bambiflower
I want to go now!

Access card

Hi, I have a letter from the gp stating that my daughter suffers with anxiety and panic attacks. Is this enough to get her any kind of access card please? Wondering if it’s worth taking along. Thanks in advance 😊
Bambiflower is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Graeme1978
Trying for More Ears

I think I replied to you previously about this. I've researched the hell out of it because our daughter has ASD and I wanted to be absolutely certain on the requirements before we go in March. Everything I've read online suggests DLP will not accept a GP letter to get a Priority Card. You have to have one of the following...

Disability Living Allowance
Attendance Allowance Award
Personal Independence Payment 
Parking Card for Disabled People 
Armed Forces Compensation Scheme 
National Disability Card ID
Disabled ID
Access Card 
Registration Card BD8
Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI)
Disabled Student's Allowance

Based on what you've said, I think your best bet would be to try and get an Access Card which is a UK scheme, they decide whether the condition qualifies for one of their cards and in some cases you can use a GP letter as document evidence to support the application. Once they've issued you a card, you will qualify for a Priority Card at DLP.

I'm not saying your GP letter will not suffice, but that's what their own online guidance says and is mirrored by what I've seen on here and on other forums.
Graeme1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bambiflower
I want to go now!

Hi, thank you. Yes I have asked a similar question already, sorry 🙈
GP was happy to do a letter but i was thinking this alone won’t be enough so was wondering if there’s anything on that list that can be applied for using the letter. Is this the site for the UK pass? disabilityid/eligibility
Thanks for helping 😊
Bambiflower is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Graeme1978
Trying for More Ears

This is the one we have for our daughter and is accepted by DLP…

accesscard.uk/apply/
Graeme1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Maryj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Fwiw, we got a priority pass for our 19 yr old who has ASD. I applied in advance through the DLP website for a priority card and just showed the pip letter to concierge when we arrived. The Priority pass worked very well. All staff we dealt with were very helpful and courteous.
Maryj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Graeme1978 View Post

accesscard.uk/apply/
This seems to be the card to get to use to prove eligibility, we have one too and it has been accepted everywhere I have tried in the UK. It has loads of options of symbols to customise support needed to each person.
Old 27 Jul 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bambiflower
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Graeme1978 View Post

accesscard.uk/apply/
Thank you
Old 30 Jul 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchy
Earning My Ears

When we visited in June I was able to get a facility pass for my son who had just had surgery. Just needed to show letter from GP at hotel reception. They gave him a photo card and another card which you handed to staff at the entrance to the rides. They wrote a return time on the card which was usually the same wait time for the queue so instead of standing in the queue you could go sit down and wait. You then went on the ride through the priority queue.
Stitchy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Vic1disney
Trainee Dibber

Can someone who has proper experience with this please help me.
I understand everyone’s good intentions, but I think a lot of people get mixed up between U.K. access cards and DLP access card so I just can’t seem to get a clear answer and it confuses me further 🙈😅
Which is better/seen as the most beneficial for my child, a *DLP* Easy access card or the DLP priority card? Is there one that we wouldn’t be entitled to? Or if entitled to both, which should we chose to apply for?
Yes, we have a *UK* access card card in hand for him ready to present which holds the queue/crowds logo and toileting logo.
TIA xx
Vic1disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Hi
The priority card is better,as you dont need a return time,you get access to the ride via the disability entrance or sometimes fastpass queue(depending on ride),obviously this wasnt instant,but we were not waiting long.You can take up to 4 others with the pass holder.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List