Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Annual pass nightmare!

Hi all,

I haven't been very active on here for a number of years but am looking to get back into the disney swing of things!

I'm hoping to take my family to DLP on 22nd (2 weeks) and have bought day tickets for 22nd and was going to upgrade these to APs when we get there. Today I've found out that there is no AP access available for the time that we are there and I'm really stressed about what to do. I hadn't realised that you still had to book days for APs; I've had them many times before and have always just turned up and gone in.

Can anyone help me? What would you suggest we do? I don't want to drive all the way to Paris just for half a day's entry and a massive bill!

I'm really needing some Pixie dust yo make this trip happen!

Thanks in advance for any help 💜

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Where are you staying? If on-site then you don’t have to reserve days.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
We've booked Adagio offsite, which is why we were getting APs x

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

I’m thinking of going Easter but booking room only at a Disney hotel and buying annual passes once there. I don’t know if you can do anything except booking room only at Disney. Sorry

Edited at 05:48 PM.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for replying, I'm going to look at room only now to see if we can salvage our much anticipated holiday!

Old 9 Aug 22, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Attractiontickets.com do room only bookings! I hope you get sorted.
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
OK, so I've found the cheapest rooms possible onsite which will add £2k to our bill for a one night stay, which is spendy but is split between 12 people so is doable. My questions now is whether we will be guaranteed access on both the Tuesday and Wednesday if I book a Tuesday stay with our APs. I don't want to book and then find out that it won't help us!

Old 9 Aug 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Veniza
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, yes, you are guaranteed entry on all days if your stay, including departure/ arrival days. You need an active pass to check in, if using annual pass rate. But you'll be collecting these Monday I assume? Annual pass desk only opens at noon, so you'll not get access until later in the day on Tuesday if you do not.

You'll need to go to your hotel and check in, they'll sort your access out for the two days at the park.

You can do this from 7am then benefit from extra magic hours.

If it was a longer trip, you could book say Tuesday and Thursday. That would mean access Tuesday to Friday with two nights. But a pain moving hotels.

Good luck.
Veniza is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 22, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Did you get sorted? This is what is putting me off an annual pass! The limit of 3 days and actually the hassle of buying them! It’s years since we had them but you could just turn up and buy them with no reservations needed!
Old 25 Aug 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Darge
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Did you get sorted? This is what is putting me off an annual pass! The limit of 3 days and actually the hassle of buying them! It’s years since we had them but you could just turn up and buy them with no reservations needed!
Same here. I won't get annual passes until the reservation system disappears. For me with 2 young kids one of the key benefits of the AP would be to be able to stay for longer periods than 3 days, so we can take it more leisurely.

I did see that recently in June the YouTuber / Vlogger "Mummy Of Four Does Disney" had a similar issue to OP & she managed to get some reserved days in addition to the day ticket she purchased by phoning up and explaining she was then planning on upgrading these to AP's. I believe she got an additional 2 days reservations in addition to the single day tickets she had purchased.
DLP 2023! 6 Nights At DCR
Darge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List