Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Aug 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Suntrust/truist Update that might help others

Hi folks just a quick update & hopefully this might help someone else. Still no card but on a change of tactic I DM'd Truist on Twitter & got a fairly rapid response & an agreement that they would call me. Just had that call, very apologetic & he was as confused as I am why things like the PIN (s) & wrong type of card arrived but no sign of what would be the right card. Now all set up for me to pick up a replacement from Celebration. So hopefully the fact that they can do a call back might help someone else
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Hope you get your card finally with no problems.

When I last phoned about the name issue them I asked to log a complaint, at that point I got an incredibly helpful supervisor who finally sorted it for me, whereas anyone I'd spoken to before had no clue how get put it right!

Such a shame to need to complain to get that far, I hate being that person.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

SO glad you got sorted.
I found my card but didn't know the PIN and didn't use it until the very last day when I found a scrap of paper showing the suntrust PIN AND it still worked.

I tested local ATM and got money from my account.

So will be using this card from now on in the usa.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Lesley our issue was that they had cancelled our Suntrust cards! Still valid to 2024! I know it was probably a computer thing but a bit of common sense would have shown the UK guests couldn't get into the US for 2 years so how was I going to be able to use it. Also there was nothing from them with any sort of warning,DD comes out for our dues every month! If it wasn't for that DD I would cancel the account! I'll see if I can see what the address issue is when I pick the new one up.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 22, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We haven’t had ours yet either - that will be the second attempt now… I’m going to try the Twitter DM approach and failing that I’m going to call
Not good really
Old 26 Aug 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Zoe hope you have more success than I did, lots of platitudes about how that shouldn't happen, don't know what's wrong ... etc Request a call back on Twitter & you will actually get to speak to a Supervisor. You would think that after 5 months of trying though, that they might have offered some sort of special delivery!
SD
Old 27 Aug 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Well…..
The second cards got returned so I tweeted and DMd but haven’t heard a thing….
I finally raised them via the chat function and got someone to a. Acknowledge that it wasn’t on to wait 5/6 months and b. Offer to send them via priority Mail. So the address shows correctly on the system now - I’ve seen it for myself and allegedly the cards are being sent priority.
Will keep you posted.
It’s not good enough but if this means we get the cards so we can use the account properly, I’ll be happy…
Old 31 Aug 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Success - resilience pays off…. Nearly!
The new card arrived
The charge for sending it urgent has now been removed.
That’s the good news
The bad news - no PIN!?!?
The old pin doesn’t work so I’ve had to order a new one…. Keeping everything crossed now!
It seems the data transfer from Suntrust to Truist was very bad and nothing transferred correctly - other than our name !
We only opened the account because of convenience, given the branch has now closed I think we may well consider other options now….
Old 16 Sep 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Finally we have a bank card! 2 Branches in Celebration but guessed right even though it wasn't the Suntrust one that i'd been to previously! Then a big debate on which of the many Pins i'd been sent would work 😅 but all good now
SD
Old 17 Sep 22, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

We had huge trouble getting our card sorted. Their security checks on ‘chat’ were crazy asking questions about things we had no idea. But they kept saying it’s on public record 🤷🤦 Anyway got the card all set for our trip on the 27th August. The day before we fly out we notice that our account is being used fraudulently! Had to stop our card as they couldn’t sort it. So went with no card. Using credit card and Disney gift cards. Not impressed with truist at all. Got loads of forms to fill out for the fraudulent activity. Looking for a better way to deal with dollars
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List