Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Aug 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Surely a strawberry KK doughnut qualifies as one of your five a day ?
It’s a fair point 😊
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
That key lime pie looks good, can I ask are those almonds on it?
Yes they are almonds - hope this doesn’t rule it out for you 🤞

I noticed they had some lovely lemon cakes with icing too - I’ll sample for research purposes later in the week.

I just remembered I took a pic in the bakery section but it’s not very clear:
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Yes they are almonds - hope this doesn’t rule it out for you 🤞

I noticed they had some lovely lemon cakes with icing too - I’ll sample for research purposes later in the week.

I just remembered I took a pic in the bakery section but it’s not very clear:
Thanks for that, unfortunately it does rule it out for me 😞.
The lemon cake sounds lovely be interesting to know what you think of that, and thanks for the picture.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a very lazy pool day and just had fruit and snacks for lunch. Fed a random child too who was on his own for about 3 hours - was most odd.

Panda Express for dinner, not very photogenic but was very tasty.

Honey chicken and rice $7

Beef and broccoli, prawns & rice $9.50 which DS and I shared.

DD just had noodles.

We had planned Volcano bay for today but DD’s face looked a little pink despite factor 50. Popped to Walgreens and secured some factor 100 and we decided to avoid the sun until later. Super target and mall at millennia for a few hours was no hardship 😊

We had lunch in the food court.
DH and DS had chick fill-a
DS found a child meal in adequate and so we had to return to order an extra adult meal 😮

I think 2x adult meals and a child meal was about $30.
DD had noodles again.

I had chipotle child chicken taco meal and was the perfect amount, very fresh and great flavours $6

We spotted a Hagen Daz and shared a sundae (cream on the side). So good.

This was $11.50 there was an option to tip when I paid. Wasn’t sure if required or not for counter service?

We will have meals out at some point.
We’re really enjoying relaxing, work and DC activities were really full on for the past few months. We’ve been sleeping until 5/6 which is a first for all of us and I think demonstrates how much we need this time.

DS doughnut count 9! But I’ve had most of the key lime pie 😳
Old 16 Aug 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving your Panda Express meals, they are always a favourite. VB was super hot yesterday, I think you did well to buy the higher factor sunscreen. Your Haagen Dazs looks incredible, you are too good, I probably wouldn’t have shared. 😂

Well done to your DS, 9 donuts is impressive 🤩 nice to hear that you are still enjoying your key lime pie! Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

DH and DC purchased clothes in Gap. 30% off.

I didn’t see anything I really wanted. I spotted someone in universal on Sunday who had a gorgeous small gold cross body bag, looked like a Tory Burch but couldn’t see any in the shop.

Hand washes in Bath and body works were 5 for $25. I toyed with purchasing a holder but felt would probably tarnish quickly in the bathroom.

Loved the homeware in Suoer target, especially the hearth and hand range:

The tray was $12, candle $7.
Notebook from green room, had these before and the paper is lovely quality $9.
Old 16 Aug 22, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
DH and DC purchased clothes in Gap. 30% off.

I didn’t see anything I really wanted. I spotted someone in universal on Sunday who had a gorgeous small gold cross body bag, looked like a Tory Burch but couldn’t see any in the shop.

Hand washes in Bath and body works were 5 for $25. I toyed with purchasing a holder but felt would probably tarnish quickly in the bathroom.

Loved the homeware in Suoer target, especially the hearth and hand range:

The tray was $12, candle $7.
Notebook from green room, had these before and the paper is lovely quality $9.
DM, I think you are my shopping twin. 😆 I bought some bits in bath and body works and I could have brought one of everything in Target, however I was so overwhelmed that I didn’t buy anything 😢 I need to go back. You did so well with your shopping! Xxx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
DM, I think you are my shopping twin. 😆 I bought some bits in bath and body works and I could have brought one of everything in Target, however I was so overwhelmed that I didn’t buy anything 😢 I need to go back. You did so well with your shopping! Xxx
I really think we might be 😊
I agree it was so overwhelming. There was a really lovely tray with a metal surround, but I was worried it would be too difficult to pack. I might try and go back too x
Old 17 Aug 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

Universal today - escape from gringotts was a 20 minute wait, we were in the queue just after 9.

DC had popcorn as a second breakfast.

Refills are just over $2

I don’t think I raved enough about the Sundae- it was 3 scoops with 2 toppings and we e decided we can’t share again 🍨
Old 17 Aug 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

DS was a bit peckish and felt a pretzel would be perfect. Think this was $8

We caught the hogwarts train to IOA as noticed the queue time for velocicoaster was less than an hour- unfortunately DH and DC made it to the front when the rain came.

All was not lost as Hagrids was showing as 50 minutes, we all loved this again.

And had a frozen butter beer to celebrate

At which point we were feeling a bit hot and bothered, it was v v humid so decided to leave for a late lunch.

DD and I had quite big hair although mine is not as bad as usual since I invested in some USA straighteners 😃