Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I'm disney mad and booked my trip for next year before all the changes have taken place. We are now going to do Universal and see other places and not go into Disney, gutted but can't justify the costs now.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
OK. Seems like a bit of Disney bashing here.

You've stayed at Universal for 4 days - I'm guessing because you're at Beach Club that you stayed in Hard Rock Hotel or Lowes Portofino... the high end hotels at Universal. Where ExpressPasses are included in the price of your hotel stay... not in the price of tickets to the Parks. You are still paying for them with your Premium Resort fee. Have you checked out the price of Universal's ExpressPass? Even for the base version it's more than $90... A DAY. PER PERSON. AND ONE PARK and goes up during busier times. In May, we saw Unlimited prices at $200 per day at Universal

Pay the $15 per person at Disney ($80) and it's still less than the cost of 1x ExpressPass at Universal.

We did every single ride we wanted to in Disney on Genie+. It was easy once you understand how it works. We paid for ROTR, Ratatouille and Seven Dwarfs (which we'd never pay for again).

If you can stay in Beach Club, which is truly beautiful, do not bemoan a few more dollars for Genie+

Wow!

i think thats the OP entire point, pay through the nose to stay in a deluxe resort then have to pay on top for genie+, lightening lane, parking etc etc etc

saying you must be minted so what a few more hundred $$$ is missing the point ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

Disney know full well that if you can afford the deluxe resorts, you can afford Genie+ and lightning lanes. Even if you end up spending £1000 on LLs, if you’ve spent £15k on Beach club or wherever, £1000 is neither here nor there.
I’m very surprised that Disney don’t offer an unlimited LL pass at some enormous price point though, I’m sure they’d have takers, even at $500 pp per day.
hvasey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
Disney know full well that if you can afford the deluxe resorts, you can afford Genie+ and lightning lanes. Even if you end up spending £1000 on LLs, if you’ve spent £15k on Beach club or wherever, £1000 is neither here nor there.
I’m very surprised that Disney don’t offer an unlimited LL pass at some enormous price point though, I’m sure they’d have takers, even at $500 pp per day.
I think those who have loads of dosh utilise the VIP tours. Seeing more and more of those in action. Mind you it seems the purchasers of those also like the Cast Member to push the stroller and carry the shopping. Unbelievable.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I don’t hate you and it’s exactly why I won’t be going again until Disney change things, it’s not just the unfathomable (to me) and excluding Genie+, it’s many things.
They have all but excluded people without a smart phone from being able to do many things.
My objections are - no Magical Express, paying to park even if staying onsite, no park hopping before 2pm (this is my real gripe), having to order food on your phone or face long queues, no package delivery to your hotel. I’m sure there is more.
Currently no DDP which can mitigate a lot of your spending.
And of course, Genie + - what on Earth was wrong with the older Fastpass systems?

I can’t go when I know that my experience just won’t be the same and don’t want to be there feeling disgruntled. So that’s my decision made

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
seriously its that much

jeez i'd expect to lead the parade daily & marry cinderalla for that mind...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

I think everyone would have an opinion on this irrespective of whether you stay onsite or off. Things have changed so much since we first started going that sometimes it's hard to keep up. Disney onsite guests used to get extra perks, sadly this has slowly been eroded and now its pay or don't have.
Universal have worked out an excellent way off filling their most expensive hotels, its no skin off their nose giving out fast passes to people staying in them as they have already paid a lot to stay in the hotel. If you stay in a cheaper hotel there is no express pass without paying. As for Disney I am seriously frustrated at what they are doing and don't really want to pay for genie + on top of the price of a ticket, however I have for the odd days and its worked brilliantly.
Incidently Disneyland Paris also stopped giving fast passes to club level guests and they now have to pay.
I do not feel we have ever missed out on anything ( except maybe rise of the resistance&#128518
They are all businesses and their aim is to make their shareholders money. They have learned that people will still pay to stay in the premium hotels even without any perks, why would they change that ?
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We are also at beach club but my complaint is with the room.
We have the room service manager coming up soon to discuss as this is not £550 a night worth’s of room.
It’s beat up, beds are lumpy, noisy , broken dresser .. it’s just so depressing.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
I think everyone would have an opinion on this irrespective of whether you stay onsite or off. Things have changed so much since we first started going that sometimes it's hard to keep up. Disney onsite guests used to get extra perks, sadly this has slowly been eroded and now its pay or don't have.
Universal have worked out an excellent way off filling their most expensive hotels, its no skin off their nose giving out fast passes to people staying in them as they have already paid a lot to stay in the hotel. If you stay in a cheaper hotel there is no express pass without paying. As for Disney I am seriously frustrated at what they are doing and don't really want to pay for genie + on top of the price of a ticket, however I have for the odd days and its worked brilliantly.
Incidently Disneyland Paris also stopped giving fast passes to club level guests and they now have to pay.
I do not feel we have ever missed out on anything ( except maybe rise of the resistance&#128518
They are all businesses and their aim is to make their shareholders money. They have learned that people will still pay to stay in the premium hotels even without any perks, why would they change that ?
I watched a podcast that someone posted here from a Disney mad guy who organises trips to WDW and he was saying that families are starting to say “no more” and his interpretation was, that this means the next generation won’t be going or feel the same way about WDW because they will have other options. Disney are potentially over milking the cash cow now and not safeguarding the future.
I totally get that they want to recoup losses from Covid and they won’t see any downturn on attendance for some time but we are all flipping into recession, inflation, exchange rates for foreign visitors are awful - a downturn WILL come.
If the goodwill has reduced by then, it could be interesting to see what they will do.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
I'm disney mad and booked my trip for next year before all the changes have taken place. We are now going to do Universal and see other places and not go into Disney, gutted but can't justify the costs now.
I never understand this mindset that people have. Universal on the face of it, yes it’s cheaper. But you’re getting less for your money.

Universal 14 day is £305 vs Disneys £509

Universal only has two parks so it works out around £152.50 per park or £101 if you include the 1 waterpark.

Whereas Disney has four parks £127.25 per park or £84.83 including 2 waterparks.

Universals ticket will rise in price once Epic Universe opens too.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List