Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Aug 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Port Adventura and Caribe Aquatic Park with little kids?

We're off to Salou in just over a week. Kids age 4 and 18mths.

I'd wanted to visit Barcelona and do Park Guell, Sagrada Familia and Aquarium. However I've been outvoted by the rest of the family who want to do Port Adventura and Caribe Water Park.

Has anyone been with toddlers? Will it be suitable for their ages?
Will it be absolute nightmare in terms of heat and busyness going in August? (We did Disneyland Paris in May in the heatwave which was busy and HOT 🔥 And they managed ok)
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

I’m here now and it has been 33 ish all week so hot and quite busy. Was less busy week before according to someone we met in q so may be luckier in another week.However if you managed dlp in may heatwave I think you would be fine. Sesame world part in particular great for your age group but other bits too. Fast passes for a specific sesame world ride street mission 7euro pp for one ride. Think buzz light year ride with sesame characters. We have ridden with 30 min wait without pass but not seen lower. Express pass for 10 rides in portaventura mainly thrill rides was included for two days with accommodation but I think 50 euros pp, one go per ride. My dh and dd are using caribe water park express as we speak costs 30 euro pp but unlimited on the relevant rides, may not be suitable for the kids unless you want/can go on raft rides together. Water play area here great for your age group. We did come to caribe without pass earlier in week but as our last day and weekend splashed out. Recommend early starts without passes. Portaventura still busy with fair queues at 9/10 at night. There are evening tickets for portaventura after six that are cheaper. Love Salou have been coming 20 years. Have a great time.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Totally understand your proposed day in Barcelona but I don’t think it would be much fun for the kids and would perhaps be hard work. Maybe go there for a day by yourself!

As mentioned there is Sesame St area of Port Aventura that is for kids that age. To be honest though, I don’t recall much in the rest of the park that was suitable, or that they would even be allowed on due to height restrictions.

We didn’t do water park but heard it is good, although we spoke to someone who said Aquopolis a few miles away is nicer.

There was an area in downtown Salou itself that has fairground style rides for kids.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
To be honest though, I don’t recall much in the rest of the park that was suitable, or that they would even be allowed on due to height restrictions.
Dd is 15 now but we’ve been a few times and once when she was 4. I’m sure the website will help more but off the top of my head,

Tea cups and play area with some tiny rides in China

Carousel mini dodgems and two water rides if 4yr old tall enough to go on with one parent in far west

Canoes, horse type track in Polynesia. Another water ride height permitting.

Armedilos ride in Mexico

Shows with bubbles, bang bang Wild West stunt and slapstick show, birds, Polynesian dancing.

We came when I was expecting her with family and my nephews would have been 18m and 2.5 and they enjoyed what they could.

The beach is fab for littles too and they light up the fountain on the front in the evenings.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Thank you so very much for all the information. That's really helpful and useful. 😊😊
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

We've definitely decided on doing Portaventura, checked height limits and still seems to be plenty of rides the little one could go on although some surprising ones she can't like Teacups! I might treat DH to an express pass for the coasters while DD naps and I'll take DS for an ice cream 🍦

Aquapolis looks amazing so might go there instead of Caribe as gets great reviews!
Old 17 Aug 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We go soon too can’t wait. We have been a few times and think there is something for all ages. We go a week on Saturday staying at portaventura gold river
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Feel like we have the same hols this year enchanted, sure we were at DLP a similar time and we’re off to near salou in a week too! Also looking to do port aventura. I have an8,6 and almost 3 year old and felt there was enough there to justify it. We’ll probably go the end of next week, so I can let you know if you’re going after that. My older ones love cars, so looking forward to going to Ferrari land next door too. I have heard there’s not a lot of kids rides there, but the queues are tiny due to that - it’s included in a 2 day ticket so we plan to do it for half a day and then 1.5 days at PA.
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 22, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Make sure to do some of the shows as well they are amazing and great for all the family
Old 1 Sep 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

We have now had 2 days in port aventura and Ferrari land and had a brilliant time, there was loads that my just turned 3 ( just under 1m) could go on, and the childrens rides had barely any queues. As someone else mentioned the shows are great too, mine loved destination dance. The website I don’t think is that clear in terms of height restrictions as there was more my daughter was allowed on with a parent than I though. Would definitely recommend. They also have single rider on the big roller coaster in Ferrari land so me and hubby literally walked onto it whilst the other one waited with the kids. Hope you had/have fun enchanted on your visits
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List