Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I class anything away as a holiday, even a weekend away with friends and always like to having things to look forward. Not necessarily the most expensive or abroad but I like to have some future plans. We’ve 10 days in Scotland at the end of this month, a week in Fuerteventura in October and a few days in Edinburgh for my 50th in December already planned so I’m now looking for February, Easter and next Summer.
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
To disney we go
Excited about Disney

Cannot afford one holiday this year never mind several.

The last number of years I have been saving every spare penny to go to Florida next year with my two girls.

I’m sure it’ll be worth it in the end 😅
To disney we go is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I remember not so long ago when everyone only had one holiday - if they were lucky. We always had 2 weeks usually in Paignton. I was 9 before I set foot on a plane and that was far from the norm back then.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I must admit I love my holidays and always have a few planned.
This year we have had Gran Canaria in Jan,Lanzarote in Feb,Benidorm in April and Krakow in June.
We have Tenerife in September,Thailand in Nov,India in Jan and the Philippines in Feb.
My customers are always asking when I’m off next but at the minute it’s 7 days a week 80 hours and my last day off was about 6 weeks ago so definitely head down for the summer.
I just wish I got paid hourly lol as then I could afford to go more often.
I long for the days that work doesn’t get in the way of holidays.
Let’s all enjoy whatever we have booked because I’m sure for all different reasons we all deserve them!
Enjoy everyone and I love to read what everyone has planned and is looking forward to.
Tracy x
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm obsessed with looking at and booking holidays, it's become a hobby 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I’m another who never went on holidays abroad as a child (I was born in the mid 90’s). My mum was poor and brought me up on her own.

I did have caravan holidays with my grandparents though, I’m grateful for those.

I only started holidaying when I got to 19 and got with my now fiancé.

So far we’ve done Majorca, Berlin, Iceland, New York & Orlando (twice).

Covid got in the way of our plans for our trips and I can’t wait to start planning again. We’ve got Orlando in October and we are hoping to do DLP and Vegas next year! I love my holidays, but we’ve got a wedding and a house move coming up, so I’ve taken a break from thinking about them!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Give up work or retire
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I was born in the early 80s, mum and dad didn’t have much money so our holidays were usually going to stay at a families house somewhere within the Glasgow area, or on the south coast of England. Wherever we went to stay we always ended up at a Butlins for the day and those swimming pools and fairground and beach days were the best as they felt like a proper holiday. Then when I was about 9, my mums mum wanted to start coming so she helped pay towards a caravan so once every other year we’d go to a British Holidays, Hosesans or Haven site for a week, usually in the most basic of accommodation. I loved it! My best memories of my granny are on those trips. We did Northumberland, Cornwall, Norfolk, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire.

My first foreign holiday was aged 20 to Toronto to see my family, and we only afforded it because my dad had passed suddenly and as he worked at Rolls Royce we were paid a death in service policy. Once I left uni and had a proper job I started to save for holidays and theatre breaks. I always had something booked, something to look forward to.

I had a ten year gap in holidays, when my mum was sick. Following her death we were able to go to Disney for the first time and back to Toronto, then Disney again. I properly found my love of travel and holidays, the second Disney trip in 2019 saved my life, I’d been so unwell.

After that I said I’d always have something booked. Then the pandemic happened. I didn’t have any trips and I felt it. I finally managed to go to Scotland earlier this year and I’m back again in September and hopefully in 2023 too. I go solo now, and need to build up to going further afield! I do have an Iceland and Norway cruise booked in 2024 though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
I'm obsessed with looking at and booking holidays, it's become a hobby 😂
Yes we know that Judith 🙄🤦🤷😎when you’re not eating drinking & on the DIBB you’re in Lanzarote

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I remember reading about your health issues, hope you are on the mend now and 🤞 for your planned trips next year! I would love to visit Tucson!
Thank you , finally going back to work next month .
I have recently discovered long lost family in Tucson to visit , it looks fab.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List