Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
In answer to the OP, I don’t pre-rinse but I do usually scrape off the debris and always wipe the knives clean (not doing this seems to cause more ‘rust’ spots).
Some here I know will disapprove but we also have a dog who seems to think that licking our empty plates is her right

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Claire. Fabric conditioner does smell nice - well some of them do. However it's slime and it sticks to places that require the water to free flow. hence it then gunges up. Running a cycle as Sue says does work. But of course that is using electricity so its a catch 22 situation.
We use it as I see the bottle in the cupboard. If I put the washing on hardly any gets put in - or none. Then I get told off.
Is there any mention of the unstoppables Tom, you know the little balls you put in the drum before the laundry. I only use them for bedding but they sure do work.

Because I am old I mainly boil (or what passed for a boil these days) my towels and tea towels. I think that's good for the machine too.

I have no firm rules on plate rinsing, depends if plates have food stuck on. I do soak saucepans, casserole dishes etc tho but that's a habit.

Edited at 03:35 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I dont pre-rinse but partner does. Dishes come out sparkling in both cases; no idea if it means sensor in dishwasher is confused or uses more water/energy either way. Its just a habit - I guess it stems back form growing up and way parents did it . My dishwashers have always lasted for ever - only change when I move as I dont like to use a “secondhand” dishwasher or washing machine
Do you not take your own washer and dishwasher with you when you move?
My husband has to take his dishwasher with him - me and my rubber gloves 🤣
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Do you not take your own washer and dishwasher with you when you move?
My husband has to take his dishwasher with him - me and my rubber gloves 🤣
Dishwasher built in and its an excuse to buy new (someone once told me fridge, freezers and washing machines dont like to be moved; probably an urban myth but its my raison d’etre lol)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

No pre rinsing here. It will use more electricity to heat the pre rinse water I'd guess?

Conditioner in wash only natural ones as lenor and unstoppables are full of microbeads which are plastics thar whoosh out to sea. I'm trying to cur back for that reason. Haven't found a decent hair conditioner though. 🌋
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Is there any mention of the unstoppables Tom, you know the little balls you put in the drum before the laundry. I only use them for bedding but they sure do work.

Because I am old I mainly boil (or what passed for a boil these days) my towels and tea towels. I think that's good for the machine too.

I have no firm rules on plate rinsing, depends if plates have food stuck on. I do soak saucepans, casserole dishes etc tho but that's a habit.
Sue. Sorry I don't know. I had to Google what unstoppables were, never heard of them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sue. Sorry I don't know. I had to Google what unstoppables were, never heard of them.
Get some of these Tom, and you will be unstoppable

Disney332
Old 14 Aug 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Get some of these Tom, and you will be unstoppable

Disney332
Behave!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

pre- rinsing - i assume people mean under the kitchen tap and not a separate cycle? i don't as the gunk will sit in my u bend either way as they both connect there.
Old 14 Aug 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

No pre rinse (but hubbie does) and no fabric softener here, very slimy 😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List