Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 08, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You have the paitence of a saint! I would not go on holiday with a certain person in my family because we would argue all the time!

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 08, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Thank you for these trip reports, I've really enjoyed reading them, you really do have the patience of a saint, all that you arranged and did for everyone, you need another holiday, at least the next visit will be a better one and you do deserve it.

I'm glad to hear Chris has got the all clear.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.

Edited at 10:13 PM.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 08, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for a great read glad you are getting the chance to go back soon hope the people you are going with this time are not as selfish and realise the time and effort you put in for them, still as they say you cant please all of the folk all of the time but you gave it your best shot, looking forward to hearing about your next trip and so glad that young chris is ok
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 08, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Thanks for the reports...glad you finally got them finished.

I must agree you do deserve a medal. We've been on holiday with others a couple of times and the best days of those trips were when it was just us.

Also its was 'weird' as I sort of know of Terri and your DH's family... felt really nosy lol...but kept looking though!

Hopefully the next trip youll do as you want and the others(if they've any sense) will follow along.

Janie

Nosey Parker Lol, Janie then you will know what im talking about

To be fair, it would probably have been the same in any large group. The problem stems when they tell one person to deal with it and you have a couple of people who are not happy when they do lol. I suppose i got off light really with only 1 or 2 being unhappy !

I only know one Janie, are you the same one that used to dance with Tracy or should i say, Miss Unorganised ! ?

just editing to say, oops you said Teri not Tracy. You were lucky there i was about to post some photos of 'you' in lycra

Have fun in California !

Edited at 11:59 PM.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 08, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Originally Posted by sjc0102 View Post
Thanks for doing the trip reports, I've really enjoyed reading all of them. I can understand i think what you were saying about people getting on your nerves and you should have said you'll do something anyway, think i'll take a big lesson from this when i go as I know I'll have the same problem with everyone messing up the plans etc. i'll let you know what happens! Was great reading tho. And well done on all the planning.
Yes please do.

The lesson i took from it, i think lol, was even though everybody was wanting me to organise everything it was so blinking stressfull. In furture they will get involved more plus if they dont want to do an ADR or a show or something i want to then i really need to speak up.

I wouldnt let it happen at home but when your on holiday its a whole different ball game. You are with these people 24/7 for 2 weeks or more and you dont want to stand on anyones toes so try to keep them all happy, even though your not !

As i said in a previous post, i holiday nearly every year with Tracy and Scott, we even go away for weekends without th kids and have a blast, hence why this holiday was only supposed to be for the 8 of us before it got over run. Knowing that Disney didnt appeal to them set the alarm bells ringing and i should have listened but i didnt.

It was the only way i was getting to go with my neice and nephew !

So good luck on your big holiday, dont let anyone upset you. Hope you have a wonderful time.

xx

Edited at 12:01 AM.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 08, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

""just editing to say, oops you said Teri not Tracy. You were lucky there i was about to post some photos of 'you' in lycra""

What a scary thought

No Im a nurse and worked with Terri a few times many moons ago. I I met her parents whilst I was working as a District Nurse in Ayr...that would be your DH's grandparents ... I think..lol.

Janie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 08, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
So who are the 9 next year, your 4, Chris, Mum + Dad?

I generally don't know how you coped, you looked after those littlies, planned everything, cooked, cleaned, shopped AND didn't get to your ADR's and fave parks!

Well you live and learn.

Poor Chris must have been really tough for him...
Old 23 Apr 08, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I have just read your trippie from start to finish Carol and I thoroughly
enjoyed it

Its hard going away with so many people and trying to please
everyone, my Mum organised a holiday out there for 27 us for
my wedding luckily we sorted out before we went that going
round the parks altogether was going to be a no no, it worked
out ok although there were times when people wanted to ring
other peoples necks . It is lovely having family with you but
just not every minute of the day this time there are only 7 of
us going so like your 9 it shouldn't be too bad.

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 08, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
""just editing to say, oops you said Teri not Tracy. You were lucky there i was about to post some photos of 'you' in lycra""

What a scary thought

No Im a nurse and worked with Terri a few times many moons ago. I I met her parents whilst I was working as a District Nurse in Ayr...that would be your DH's grandparents ... I think..lol.

Janie

Hi

Yes it is. Charlie - Teris dad passed away last Valenties day and it hit her hard. The holiday was an escape for her for 2 weeks, done her the world of good. Just as well she wasnt staying in our villa then lol

Are you still nursing ? Ar eyou sure you dont want photos of you in lycra up
Old 23 Apr 08, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I have just read your trippie from start to finish Carol and I thoroughly
enjoyed it

Its hard going away with so many people and trying to please
everyone, my Mum organised a holiday out there for 27 us for
my wedding luckily we sorted out before we went that going
round the parks altogether was going to be a no no, it worked
out ok although there were times when people wanted to ring
other peoples necks . It is lovely having family with you but
just not every minute of the day this time there are only 7 of
us going so like your 9 it shouldn't be too bad.

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us
aw thanks hun, your very welcome.

First of all can i say 27 ! oh my now thats a group holiday, but it would have been amazing having all those family there for the wedding though.

Yeah in reality we had a good holiday although the trippie may not seem it at times, just the odd moment like you say when youcould 'wring a few necks'.