Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
A Bad Case of the Yak & Yetis... Day 19...The End

Day 19

29 July 2014

We woke up early, with heavy hearts. It was time to pack up and go. As usual, David’s a complete mardy #### about it all and gets stressed with all of us at some point. Anyone would think he’s the only one who’s holiday is ending! (love you really )

But all of his commando style training see’s us out the door on time and gets us to the parking lot gloriously early for our early ADR entry.

There were people already waiting around for rope drop at 7.45! WHY?

I remember a man being really really rude to some CM at the band scanners. I can’t remember what it was about but an older, senior CM came to speak to him and he was so rude to her. She was so calm and smiled, I told how well I thought she’d handled it, she made some comment about getting abuse but followed really quickly by “I love my job”

We were on Main Street but 8am.

I love being here when there are hardly any people around (doesn’t everyone?)

We waited it out at the hub for a bit and got a good few minutes without anyone in sight…

Photo overload..

I love the comparison between the photo’s, the first one was 3 years earlier…

The kids were great and didn’t moan and posed as many times as I asked. They know it’s a big a deal for me, getting the right shot here!

After I was satisfied with my shots we walked over the bridge to Tomorrow land so we would be in prime position for 7DMT.

A cleaner came along who was clearly not the full ticket, he started trying to make conversation but was really odd. I chatted back but was thankful when he moved along!

At around 8.45 we were asked to walk back to the hub as everyone has to start from the same place when the park opens! Madness, surly if you’ve paid over the odds for a breakfast at MK to get into the park early, then the least you could get is the small perk of having a head start on the rest of the crowds?!

Well they meant business and barricaded the entrances with staff.

When the rest of the crowds reached us (being held back by a rope) there was a male CM shouting out which way to go for Anna and Elsa and which way was 7DMT.

Then the madness really began. I can’t write what I want to say on here as it is a family site, but never in my whole life have I encountered such pathetically rude people.

Grown men and women, trampling over small children and pushing others out the way, just to get 5 steps in front. It was utter bedlam. I took the pushchair and shouted to David to take the kids and not wait for me…. “Save yourselves” would have been more appropriate! I’d meet them at the exit. I had the skin taken off the backs of my heels a few times as I was stampeded over by every Tom Dick and Harry. Again, I will hold my hands up and say that once they had stepped all over me, in return I took their ankles out with the trusty McLaren. What an absolute bunch of wombles, the lot of them. Have some self respect people!

When I made it through the madness, I stood near Winnie the Pooh to watch the carnadge. A CM walked past me and smiled as if to say ‘Look at the madness’ and said something about the wait time. I laughed and told her ‘lifes too short’ she laughed back and nodded. She must see it every day when she’s at work. I bet it never gets old.

They were on and off 7DMT in no time. Telling me tales of obnoxious kids that had shoved them out the way. Bear in mind that we were the first people at the tomorrow land rope when it ‘dropped’ they still didn’t get on the first carriage.

We must have headed straight to Haunted Mansion as I have these photos…

You could tell how early it was, Frontier Land was empty…

I was so nice walking around in the sunshine with the place really empty. It felt really relaxed.

No doubt we had FP+ for Splash, then again, maybe we didn’t as it was so quite the wait time wouldn’t have been long.

I love this one…

Edited at 03:19 PM.
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
There was a photopass photographer at the exit. He was really nice and probably a bit bored because he spent longer than usual getting us to do different poses and adding Olaf to shots.

I was a bit miffed that we never got a chance to have a Pecos Bill Burger, it must be the first holiday we’ve never eaten there, and not by choice!

We walked over to Sleepy Hollow to get a couple of waffles and funnel cake…

While we were eating I spotted a grown man dressed as Peter Pan walking over the bridge. I couldn’t get a great photos as he was so far away but he was in full costume. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t the ‘real’ Peter Pan for a few reasons…

1: He didn’t have a CM with him
2:He was the wrong build for Peter Pan (if you get what I mean)
3: why would he walking over the bridge, wouldn’t he be in Fantasy Land?
4: Small children weren’t hounding him for a photo.

I’ve heard of Disney Bounding but this was full on outfit and I thought Disney didn’t let people in if they were dressed as a character?!

He must have been hot in those tights!

Space Mountain was next, we had FP for it.

The parade was in full swing as we went by, a man was putting his toddler on the back of a float to have her photo taken, a CM saw him and told him to get her down, as soon as she turned her back, he did it again. Luckly for the girl, it didn’t drive off with her on the back of it!

I waited inside the shop in the aircon this time, the main reason was to use the free phone chargers I had heard Disney were trialling.

It was really easy, just swipe a CC and plug it in, The door would only open again when you swipe your card.

Seeing as we were heading straight from MK to the airport, I thought it would be a good idea to give my phone a boost so it lasts the journey.

I put it onto Airplane mode to help it charge quickly.

Which wasn’t the best idea as I couldn’t hear it beeping when David text to say there was some sort of hold up and they would be a while.

I’m always surprised at the amount of people that use the arcades here, there so much to do in MK and they chose this!

They took ages, I can’t remember what the problem was but it was not quickly resolved. I’m sure David said it seemed like FP line was taking longer than the stand by one.

I’m pretty sure we went on to The Carousel of Progress after they eventually got off Space Mountain. It really had become one of the kid’s favourites.

Lack of photos and memory means that I really don’t know much else that went on. Apart from we went to Gaston’s Tavern to try a pork shank.

The only table free was a hug round one at the end of the restaurant. It has a fab chandelier above it…

The shank was ok, our meat eating kids had a good attempt at it.

The plastic forks weren’t much use!

I wasn’t over impressed with the place though, it felt a bit dirty and dark and there were flies hovering around the table.

We didn’t stay too long.

I do however approve of the toilets, very nice! (lovely flooring and themeing )

We didn’t have long left so it was time for our traditional ‘last ride of the holiday’ Philharmagic.

I got a lump in my throat as always.

One last go at getting the sword out, but no joy.

Then a quick visit to Cinderella’s wishing well to throw our bag of coppers we have accumulated over the holiday and make some wishes…

Then the long, slow depressing walk back down Main Street…

Then onto the monorail where we’re the people the voice over man is talking to when he says ‘If this concludes your stay at Walt Disney World’…. No one wants to be those people!

The face says it all…

The rest is pretty uneventful.

Apart from getting on the wrong monorail in the airport and wondering where the hell Outback has gone. And then having to get back on it and go to the right one. God knows how this happened, it’s not like we’ve never been there before!

We eventually found it and had a nice meal as usual, the server was lovely. Something wasn’t right with our order, I remember a bit of an issue but it didn’t spoil it.

David managed with a steak and a plastic knife.

We couldn’t get the bubble on our return journey because someone (David) can’t count and we missed the booking day.

But we got a row of four that backed on the Cabin crew bit so we could recline straight away, which was great.

The kids didn’t get a great amount of sleep but made up for it a bit when we stupidly listened to the sat nav and went a really long, strange way home. It was however very beautiful!

It was nice to be home, we’d missed the great weather that the UK had been having but it wasn’t too shabby.

Not much else to say really! We weren’t supposed to be going to Florida this year, but after that disaster we feel like we deserve it.

We’ll miss out next year instead.

Thanks for reading and a MASSIVE thank you to all who have commented, I love reading your replies.

A special thanks to Neil (Gingermoonman) for being a wiz at editing photos and making countdown calendars!

And a massive thank you to David for having guts of steel, it could have been a lot worse!

If you’re bored, here's my highlights…the song sort of fits the story:

“Through every broken bone, I swear I lived “

We didn’t quite break bones but through it all, we did manage some great times.

And of course, thanks to my dear DADC friends who bullied me into writing this whole sorry story down. I think this makes me the winner

#DibbAfterNeverWritingAnotherTripReportAgain

Edited at 08:21 PM.
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

So, how was your breakfast? I don't recall you mentioning it...

We've been held up at rope drop too, by Adventureland and then round to Tomorrowland. We didn't see the madness that you did though, this was pre-7DMT!

I've pulled the sword from the stone, have I mentioned that before?

Superb photos today, as always! I haven't watched your video yet for two reasons, 1. I don't want to cry, and 2. I've sent Simon on the school run so I can get on with housework so if he was to catch me I'd be in trouble!

Thanks so much for writing this report, I know you didn't want to, and I can understand why, but it's been fun!

Love you, missing you already!

Jo xxxx

P.S. you didn't win, I won!

#dibbafterthelastdayhasbeenposted
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
xjgnrx
Trainee Dibber

Aawww this has been one of my fave trippies that I have read! It was such a shame you were so poorly through the middle, I hope you are all back to normal now. You definitely do deserve a trip this year and I have everything crossed it is a happy and healthy trip!
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Thanks for sharing your holiday - I've really enjoyed reading it
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
So, how was your breakfast? I don't recall you mentioning it...

We've been held up at rope drop too, by Adventureland and then round to Tomorrowland. We didn't see the madness that you did though, this was pre-7DMT!

I've pulled the sword from the stone, have I mentioned that before?

Superb photos today, as always! I haven't watched your video yet for two reasons, 1. I don't want to cry, and 2. I've sent Simon on the school run so I can get on with housework so if he was to catch me I'd be in trouble!

Thanks so much for writing this report, I know you didn't want to, and I can understand why, but it's been fun!

Love you, missing you already!

Jo xxxx

P.S. you didn't win, I won!

#dibbafterthelastdayhasbeenposted
Oh come one, I started mine months after yours and only posted the last day, a day after... I think that makes me a winner!

Silly me, I didn't mention the breakfast!

Let me know if you cry... im really hoping you do

Love yooooooou

Originally Posted by xjgnrx View Post
Aawww this has been one of my fave trippies that I have read! It was such a shame you were so poorly through the middle, I hope you are all back to normal now. You definitely do deserve a trip this year and I have everything crossed it is a happy and healthy trip!
Aww thanks so much, what a lovely compliment!

Thanks for reading it
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Fab day... I just wanted to say the pictures you captured around the empty main street are excellent. I especially love the last one in black and white with the colour of the dress. Brilliant.
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Glad we're not the only people to have ever caught the wrong monorail at MCO and wondered why everything looks so different

Love those photos of empty MK
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Evian
Earning More Ears

Thanks a million for writing it. It has been hugely inspiring for me in planning our first trip! Even with the ups and downs.
Evian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Awh I loved the highlights at the end , sad you all had to be ill but I loved reading your report and the others previous , looking forward to the next one 😎😎 no pressure 😂
The kids are getting so grown up you must be so proud of them both . Emmie s polka dot dress is beautiful you always have lovely polka dot bitd for Her . Where did you get her halter polka dress . ?
Throughly enjoyed this report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List