Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Oct 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Antigua08
Very Serious Dibber

The "Its Finally Our Turn!" Sept 2015 Trip Report - Update/explanation!

So it's been a while since I have updated or replied to my trip report, so I just wanted to explain why.

I very sadly lost my Mum earlier this year. It was completely out of the blue, she hadn't been poorly so came as a complete shock to us all. She died of heart failure, or as I think of a broken heart as just 5yrs before we lost our Dad. They had been together since Mum was just 16, married for 49yrs and she understandably had never gotten over it. So at the grand old age of 37 I have now lost both of my beloved parents.

My way of trying to cope with this has been by keeping myself as busy as possible, as any spare or quiet time I have my thoughts go to my parents. And I'm not at the point yet where those thoughts are happy ones, just very sad ones. So sitting down quietly to write my trip report I know wouldn't be helpful for me.

So I unfortunately won't be completing this trip report, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I would like to thank everyone that has taken the time to read any of it, and especially those who have commented on it. I thoroughly enjoyed writing it, but as I have left it so long now I know I wouldn't be able to continue to give it the same level of detail as the days I have already posted.

But on a happier note, we have booked to go back to Disney! With my new life is just way too short way of thinking, we have booked for next Sept staying onsite for the first time. We will be trying to make this our best trip yet, and an extra special trip for our two small children as this will be one last gift to them from their Nanny and Grandad. My dd was just 18mths old and ds wasn't even born when we lost my Dad, and although I hope dd will remember my Mum I know ds is too young. So my hope is that they'll always remember this very special trip, as being from their Grandparents.

Thanks for reading
2006 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2011 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2015 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2017 - AKL
Antigua08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

So very sorry for your loss. My mum dies very suddenly three years ago, my dad went suddenly 13 years ago and, whilst it gets easier, the sadness and loss never fades but I think you learn to live with it. I hope you get some comfort from planning your next trip with your family.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Antigua08
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mousefan View Post
So very sorry for your loss. My mum dies very suddenly three years ago, my dad went suddenly 13 years ago and, whilst it gets easier, the sadness and loss never fades but I think you learn to live with it. I hope you get some comfort from planning your next trip with your family.
Thank you mousefan, sorry for your loss too.
2006 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2011 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2015 - Windsor Palms Villa, 2017 - AKL
Antigua08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear about your loss - I think it's lovely that you have a new trip booked, and a great way for your DS and DD to remember their Grandparents xx
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss . It's lovely that you have another trip booked as a last gift to your children from their grandparents. I'm sure it will be a very special holiday full of emotions and with lots of wonderful memories made .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

So sorry to hear about your loss, completely understandable why you wouldn't finish your trip report.
I hope you have a good time next year
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Antigua08
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss - I think it's lovely that you have a new trip booked, and a great way for your DS and DD to remember their Grandparents xx
Originally Posted by moosha View Post
So sorry for your loss . It's lovely that you have another trip booked as a last gift to your children from their grandparents. I'm sure it will be a very special holiday full of emotions and with lots of wonderful memories made .
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
So sorry to hear about your loss, completely understandable why you wouldn't finish your trip report.
I hope you have a good time next year
Thank you Hemanclofty, moosha and Unexpectedpenny.

I certainly hope we can make it a trip to remember for the kids. All our previous trips have been with friends and family which is lovely, but we're really looking forward to being able to plan the holiday just around the four of us for the first time
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I am so sorry to hear this and completely understand you not wanting to finish your report. It will take time but soon the happy memories of your parents will return and it will start to hurt a little less.

With regard to the kids, Madison still remembers quite a bit from our 2010 trip when she was 2 (she has just turned 8) so I'm sure both kids will remember your mum. As long as there are photos to look at and memories to talk about, they will be able to remember her and the times they spent together. It will also be lovely to know that this trip is from your parents/their grandparents.

xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

so sorry for your loss. I don't normally post but wanted to say...

We are just back from our 4th trip to disney paris with our two youngs ones (just turned 4 & 6 - 18 months since last there). It was the first trip without friends and family and it is up there with the very first trip as the best trip as we could just do what we wanted when we wanted to and did not have to worry about pleasing others! your going to have such an amazing time next year.

My son was only 2 1/2 last time and he definitely remembered parts of the parks so with your photos and videos they will always remember.
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Antigua08
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I am so sorry to hear this and completely understand you not wanting to finish your report. It will take time but soon the happy memories of your parents will return and it will start to hurt a little less.

With regard to the kids, Madison still remembers quite a bit from our 2010 trip when she was 2 (she has just turned 8) so I'm sure both kids will remember your mum. As long as there are photos to look at and memories to talk about, they will be able to remember her and the times they spent together. It will also be lovely to know that this trip is from your parents/their grandparents.

xx
Thank you Lisa x

That is good to hear that Madison still remembers things from your trip when she was so young, that gives me a bit of hope that they'll both remember Mum.

I talk about my parents a lot to them, and have always taken them to the same places my parents took me when I was little, so hopefully they'll have some memories of them x