Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 10 May 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Birmingham Primark from Liverpool

Hi Guys,

Holiday paid in full and majority of spends found so am in full 'lets get the rest of the holiday sorted' mode! I have heard great things about the new primark in Birmingham. Primark in Liverpool is ok but a lot of the things sell out pretty quickly. Do you think its worth me taking a trip down there?
My cousin and her family are joining us on this trip, its her first time and she's soooooooo exited. I thought this might be a nice road trip for us to get into the Disney spirit.
What do you guys think?

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

There’s a nice Primark in Broughton and the one in Chester is good too - both large. I can’t stand the one in Liverpool, I’m dizzy by the time I get out lol 😂 too many stairs. I’ve been thinking of a trip to the Birmingham one too, it looks fantastic!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Bham is hell on a sat... think mk after fireworks hell.
Get there early we got there at lunchtime and it was awful... really busy xx
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

We were planning on going on Tuesday. Im definitely avoiding Saturdays !

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went 2 weeks ago so some kids were still off school. It was horrendous.
Nearly 2 hour queue for the Disney cafe.

The store itself is huge and the selection of clothes will be fab, once the novelty has worn off!

I took this to send to DH, this was the end of the queue to pay. if you look into the distance you will see the tills. I said longer than flight of passage
Old 10 May 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Samski
Proud to wear my Ears

I live in Birmingham but haven't had the chance to venture to the new Primark yet but my brother's girlfriend has been twice and she's been disappointed both times. She said that the Disney sections are smaller than she expected so wasn't too impressed.

Take it with a pinch of salt, others may love it.

Pop Century or All Star Movies September 2025 Trip planned!

DLP - Santa Fe November 2019
Samski is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I don’t live far from Birmingham so really want to go but I’ve seen lots of clips on IG of queues, queues and more queues!

I will go eventually but will go on a week day and get there first thing. The old Primark in Birmingham got trashed (worse than other Primarks) but was always spotless at opening time.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Samski View Post
I live in Birmingham but haven't had the chance to venture to the new Primark yet but my brother's girlfriend has been twice and she's been disappointed both times. She said that the Disney sections are smaller than she expected so wasn't too impressed.

Take it with a pinch of salt, others may love it.
This is true. There is more disney stuff at my local store than bham
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have been twice. I love Primark. Have to be honest that we didn't think it was anything special. There was nothing you couldn't get elsewhere.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We live about 40 mins from Birmingham and went the other Friday before the kids went back to school (ours went back 29th). We got there early (9am), but by 10.30 it was getting very busy.

I thought the HP section was poor - the one on Oxford Street was better IMO.

They had some nice Disney items, but we didn’t buy anything. We avoided the cafe - it was very busy, and we weren’t that desperate for a Mickey waffle.

The store is huge - we found it quite overwhelming and couldn’t really find a lot, but we’re not great shoppers.

Even on a Tuesday, i’d plan to get there early.