Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Sep 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I am wondering if those that are saying they have seen it and wouldn't bother are referring to the old Rivers of Light or the new Rivers of Light: We Are One?

I thought the new version which only started at the end of April this year is very different and a lot better than the old one. I watched it 2 weeks ago and with the new water projection screens and scenes from a lot of the Disney movies it was more interesting. Certainly way better than the old version.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

RoL is definitely marmite... personally, I hated it, was almost as bad as the Jungle Book Bollywood show they cobbled together whilst RoL was delayed.

Felt it was a waste of a FP+ for us, others' MMV
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post

must def be marmite, I loved it, gave me the shivers, 1 of the best experiences we had, I thought the setting was magical! but then I thought the epcot one was a waste of time... !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I am wondering if those that are saying they have seen it and wouldn't bother are referring to the old Rivers of Light or the new Rivers of Light: We Are One?

I thought the new version which only started at the end of April this year is very different and a lot better than the old one. I watched it 2 weeks ago and with the new water projection screens and scenes from a lot of the Disney movies it was more interesting. Certainly way better than the old version.
Must have seen both. Most recently we watched it on 23rd September 2019, we stopped to watch it a couple of times but we both found it as boring as ever. We quite enjoyed watching the projections onto the tree though.
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

ROL save your FP and time go on the Safari at night or something else instead.
It is a very dull show. Watch it on Youtube.
16 mins of squirting flowers floating about.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I haven't seen the new one, but did enjoy the old one. I prefer the other night time shows, but did think it was beautiful and worth a watch at least once. I don't think you would need a fast pass - it is a big arena, however if you are only going in the evening and have nothing else to fast pass, then it should make it quicker to get in!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post

We went in June so I’m assuming it was the new one.

For me it caused the biggest argument of the holiday with my husband as he said it was a waste of time and he was right. We waited an hour with front row seats and then 20 odd minutes show then a mad rush to the car through massive crowds. I wish I had looked online before but I didn’t want to spoil it for myself. We could have spent that time on Everest or other rides instead.

It won’t be something we will repeat and with two restless kids to try and keep happy it was doubly bad for us.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
16 mins of squirting flowers floating about.

That is exactly how I would describe it.
Old 26 Sep 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

That is exactly how I would describe it.
Me to!

We queued for an age last summer. It was delayed because of rain and thunder in the area as well. Most disappointed i've been in Disney. Just did nothing for me.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn't realise they had changed it this year. Thoroughly enjoyed last year's so looking forward to seeing the new one.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List