Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Oct 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Ordering Magic Bands

Tried to Book Olaf & Lion king Magic Bands but saying out of stock but we're not going until next year

Will they come back in stock and i just have to keep checking?

Is there more choice somewhere as not that many to choose from?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you are ordering for next year I really wouldn’t bother yet. Magicbbands are going missing from this year even though they’ve been paid for ( see other thread ) and so many of us going out now are struggling to order them because of the ridiculous advanced orders . Disney has no where to keep them at your resort for a nearly a gear because that’s where they will go to . The whole thing is just a farce and should have ordering restrictions on imo.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
If you are ordering for next year I really wouldn’t bother yet. Magicbbands are going missing from this year even though they’ve been paid for ( see other thread ) and so many of us going out now are struggling to order them because of the ridiculous advanced orders . Disney has no where to keep them at your resort for a nearly a gear because that’s where they will go to . The whole thing is just a farce and should have ordering restrictions on imo.
I thought it was the typical Disney tactic of panicking people into thinking they need something which they don't then a mass mess.

I have ordered coloured ones for now and shall keep an eye on fancy ones.

Might just tell the missus and kids i can't get them and save a few dollars
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
I thought it was the typical Disney tactic of panicking people into thinking they need something which they don't then a mass mess.

I have ordered coloured ones for now and shall keep an eye on fancy ones.

Might just tell the missus and kids i can't get them and save a few dollars
Just check because a few people ordered coloured then couldn’t amend the order , I know you can’t once you have any special ones . Hopefully the mess is sorted before you go but since release it’s been chaos .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

If you're holiday is a year out then it makes no sense ordering now. They won't put them to one side and keep them (and you wouldn't want them too) and who knows what stock will be like next year.

We're off in August 2020 and I'll likely be ordering mine around early July.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had trouble ordering the ones we wanted. But I’d also say that the designs available have changed over the last few months so the choice may be different as time passes. DH wanted the Spaceship Earth one which hasn’t been available for some weeks now. In the end he went with the Galaxy’s Edge. I got the castle band which has been in and out of stock the whole time I’ve been checking (daily from June until last week). I was on the verge of giving up as we go in a couple of weeks. Fortunately DS and his friend wanted plain coloured bands otherwise we’d have never got the ones everyone wanted!
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AndyA06 View Post
If you're holiday is a year out then it makes no sense ordering now. They won't put them to one side and keep them (and you wouldn't want them too) and who knows what stock will be like next year.

We're off in August 2020 and I'll likely be ordering mine around early July.
Could you expand on why it makes no sense? To me, if everyone that had holidays booked pre-ordered the bands then Disney know exactly what everyone wants and therefore get them in. If everyone wanted band X then Disney would say Ahaaa we have lots of orders of that one so lets get on to our suppliers to get them making more because the people leaving it until last minute in July will also expect them probably then go on the DIBB moaning how they haven't got the band they desire yet the chance to pre-order was there months ago! Supply Demand. I thought businesses ran like this looking ahead

Of course there's a point in ordering in advance, hence the reason people pre-order them and many, many other things worldwide.
Same as ADR's and FP's. Cars. Laptops. Watches etc etc the list goes on. It's the way the world goes round especially this day and age.

You may be fine waiting until July and that's your choice but personally, especially being to Florida many times, if something is there and you want it then either buy it or pre order it or it won't be there long and you will be kicking yourself saying i wish i got that when i had the chance.
Old 9 Oct 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Susu View Post
We had trouble ordering the ones we wanted. But I’d also say that the designs available have changed over the last few months so the choice may be different as time passes. DH wanted the Spaceship Earth one which hasn’t been available for some weeks now. In the end he went with the Galaxy’s Edge. I got the castle band which has been in and out of stock the whole time I’ve been checking (daily from June until last week). I was on the verge of giving up as we go in a couple of weeks. Fortunately DS and his friend wanted plain coloured bands otherwise we’d have never got the ones everyone wanted!
TBH i have ordered the plain colour ones and will spend the saved money elsewhere
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Could you expand on why it makes no sense? To me, if everyone that had holidays booked pre-ordered the bands then Disney know exactly what everyone wants and therefore get them in. If everyone wanted band X then Disney would say Ahaaa we have lots of orders of that one so lets get on to our suppliers to get them making more because the people leaving it until last minute in July will also expect them probably then go on the DIBB moaning how they haven't got the band they desire yet the chance to pre-order was there months ago! Supply Demand. I thought businesses ran like this looking ahead

Of course there's a point in ordering in advance, hence the reason people pre-order them and many, many other things worldwide.
Same as ADR's and FP's. Cars. Laptops. Watches etc etc the list goes on. It's the way the world goes round especially this day and age.

You may be fine waiting until July and that's your choice but personally, especially being to Florida many times, if something is there and you want it then either buy it or pre order it or it won't be there long and you will be kicking yourself saying i wish i got that when i had the chance.
Of course I can. I see the sense on preordering other things, FPP & ADR for example. I don't see the sense in the case of bands because of all the issues that they have been having. They clearly don't order by what's required, they have an amount and sell them and when they're gone they're gone. By ordering a year in advance they won't put bands to one side so in essence you're hoping they they have the stock to meet your requirement in a year (and removing the chance for someone going on holiday in the next month or 2 from purchasing that band).

IMHO you're much better waiting until closer to your arrival date and then deciding on the band you want and it will likely mean a higher chance of you actually getting it.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AndyA06 View Post
Of course I can. I see the sense on preordering other things, FPP & ADR for example. I don't see the sense in the case of bands because of all the issues that they have been having. They clearly don't order by what's required, they have an amount and sell them and when they're gone they're gone. By ordering a year in advance they won't put bands to one side so in essence you're hoping they they have the stock to meet your requirement in a year (and removing the chance for someone going on holiday in the next month or 2 from purchasing that band).

IMHO you're much better waiting until closer to your arrival date and then deciding on the band you want and it will likely mean a higher chance of you actually getting it.
Thanks for reply

I like to plan way in advance so always worry

I can see what you mean and didn't know about the problems with them until i started this thread. I have ordered plain colour ones but tbh we aren't that bothered what we get. The kids want specific ones but i'm sure they will forget when i distract them with a huge cupcake.

Are the bands battery at all?
I assume we keep them at the end?