Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
silly_spook
New Poster (2)

Upper class Gatwick Vs Manchester and plane age

Our flights will go on sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm stuck between booking PE and UC.

I've been lucky enough to fly UC from Heathrow to DC before and am concerned the Gatwick or Manchester to MCO experiences won't live up to it. Already know the clubhouses (TBC Manchester) won't be as swish, but worried about shelling out a fortune and getting stuck on an old plane, where UC is, to me, not as much worth the price.

Does anyone know which airport is likely to have more chance of a newer fleet for next September?

Are there days of the week more likely to fly with the new A350? I'm planning to fly on a Sunday.

What is my chance of flying with Virgin inbound, or are we likely to be moved to Delta as I have seen quite a few people mention?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
silly_spook is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If with Virgin for next Sept you will be on the current 747 fleet. Awesome planes.
The LGW Clubhouse is excellent.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

A350s won’t be on the Orlando route for quite some time yet. Some off-peak Manchester flights these days are on the ex Air Berlin A330s, otherwise the glorious B747.

Certainly wouldn’t be transferred to Delta on a Orlando to UK route either.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
silly_spook
New Poster (2)

Great, thanks both for the information. I think I was on a 787 last time from doing a bit of an image search. The planes mentioned all look fine, so starting to get excited now!
silly_spook is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

I have flown mainly UC on MCO route and love the smaller cabin, I flew on the ATL route once and while the delta lounge was much better I found the larger cabin had much less of a premium /excursive feel about it
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by silly_spook View Post
Great, thanks both for the information. I think I was on a 787 last time from doing a bit of an image search. The planes mentioned all look fine, so starting to get excited now!
The VS 787 are great planes and knock the bells out of the LGW 747 - the suites in term of comfort, cabin air, bigger windows and ambience (I like the bar area on the 787) are, in my view, superior and having travelled in all the variants it is my current favourite (hoping to try the 350 soon - you could fly that over then get a connection !?)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
If with Virgin for next Sept you will be on the current 747 fleet. Awesome planes.
The LGW Clubhouse is excellent.
I agree totally on both counts from experience last month 😀
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List