Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Oct 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile Discovery Cove Cabanas

Dh and I are chatting about cabanas when we go the DC for the day, I want to get the cabana and photo package which is $489 ontop of what we have paid for day entry. Do you think a cabana is worth the extra money? I love the idea of one, I just think it will be lovely to have somewhere like that to chill out in! Or is it a bit of a waste of money because you arent in it enough?
We have 2 children aswell (13 & 6) so thought it might be nice for them.

Any advice or suggestions about cabanas please?!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dartmoor
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We had a cabana last year and it was worth every penny!
Dartmoor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Nice idea but would never get used for us. We hardly used a sun lounger for our day, we were either out and about, or had a quiet beer sat in the water near the bar.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've had one each time we've been and loved it. We've been lucky that we've shared the cost with my parents though.

I know some people don't think they're worth it as they don't spend much time in them but for us they've been great. I like having my own space and somewhere to just chill and relax. Plus my mum doesn't swim much so it's great for her.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I know for us it would never be worth it,. I don’t want to be shut away secluded from the scenery of the park. Plenty of sun beds well spaced out.
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've had the elite package each time we go, worth it for my family as I'm not bothered about dolphins or any fish in general to be honest so when the family are off doing that I'm on the hammock with a drink. Sometimes I get up out the hammock to wave to them every now and again from my peaceful retreat.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

we have loved the cabana the last couple of times we have gone. It's a great base.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

We did the Elite package as well as the Cabana & phots it includes getting a buoy delivered by a dolphin and also several other bits & pieces. The buoy was a big surprise for my wife as she was not expecting it !

Assuming you are going to take the photo package of your dolphin swims we thought it was reasonable value.

Our cabana was by the Grand Reef and was a great base and good location.

It was also very useful when we had a heavy rain shower for 20 minutes later in the afternoon.

There is a lockable locker in the cabana which was good for wallets, cameras, phones etc etc

One tip is get your photos selected & picked up early as the queues were quite bad later in the afternoon.
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Not worth it for me as I never even use a sun lounger.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We had one last year and loved it. Was a great base for us with our own locker. The kids (teenagers) could come and go as they pleased, and was great to keep my youngest son's medical stuff close by.

We've also paid for one for next year already. The photo package is like $200, and as my MIL is coming for the first time and we'd be buying that anyway next year, it was a no brainer for us.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List