Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Just had a very sad FaceTime call with DD.

She’s feeling poorly again - this is the fourth time in as many weeks that she’s had a sore belly and terrible bloating. Really don’t know if it’s something she’s eating but she can’t really seem to pinpoint anything.

It’s making her feel even more down. It’s so hard not being there for her and I’m struggling too as DH is away working at the moment so I’ve not got anyone to talk to.
Oh bless her, I think it’s worse when they are ill and you can’t get to them. Hope she feels better soon and sending you big hugs too! This is a lovely thread with so many great people who give support and help so you are never alone.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Ben has been home this weekend and it was so lovely to have him home again, I have really missed him. He spent so much time with his little brother playing games with him. He is enjoying his course, he said it was better than sixth form but he misses the friends he had at sixth form. He has made a few friends but like many on here is still unsure of himself. I have said to give himself some time, he has only been there for 4 weeks. We took him back this afternoon and I have to admit although he was fine I still felt very sad leaving him. He has reading week in a few weeks time so possibly coming home again then.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
Yes they sound very similar and seems they're going through similar experiences - neither of them would take the first step to speak to each other though 😉😫🤷
We put him on the train, it was worse then when we left him at uni. He's promised to contact student services tomorrow and to try to start a conversation with people in his group. If only he could find just 2 people that had similar tastes, his life would be so much different. I've also asked him to come home next week Thurs to Sunday as this will give him a chance to regroup. Although he was home on Fri we all went away on Sat to Worcester so it was lovely to get away as a family and take his mind off things, but it was a bit busy. My dh was riding a penny farthing for his birthday pressie, it was fab! I'll also phone student services tomorrow as he can't be the only one having issues.
Haha, I fear you are right, neither of them would speak first 🙄

Georgia has been chatting to one of her room mates today. He is on a zoology course so studying the same modules as Georgia so they chat about that, but again he is shy, so the conversation doesn’t go any further.

I do hope your son (and my daughter) find their people soon. As you say there must be lots in uni in the same position as them.

Meanwhile I think a few weekends home or visits to see them lift their spirits as your son has found this weekend. All we can do is show them love and support
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

She’s feeling poorly again - this is the fourth time in as many weeks that she’s had a sore belly and terrible bloating. Really don’t know if it’s something she’s eating but she can’t really seem to pinpoint anything.

It’s making her feel even more down. It’s so hard not being there for her and I’m struggling too as DH is away working at the moment so I’ve not got anyone to talk to.
So sorry to hear your DD is ill again MM. It’s hard to know if the worry is making her ill or she’s finding it harder to settle because she feels ill 😔

It’s hard for us as parents to see them unhappy. I hope we can help a little on here if you need a chat. You could also pm me if it helps, I’m always happy to chat 😀

Edited at 08:53 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Ben has been home this weekend and it was so lovely to have him home again, I have really missed him. He spent so much time with his little brother playing games with him. He is enjoying his course, he said it was better than sixth form but he misses the friends he had at sixth form. He has made a few friends but like many on here is still unsure of himself. I have said to give himself some time, he has only been there for 4 weeks. We took him back this afternoon and I have to admit although he was fine I still felt very sad leaving him. He has reading week in a few weeks time so possibly coming home again then.
I do think we all need to realise it’s only been 3-4 weeks, Freshers week isn’t a good way for everyone to get to know others, so it’s only been 2-3 weeks really if you forget Freshers. I’ve never made a best friend that quickly yet we are expecting our children to. It’s still very early days and Georgia seems to have Xmas as a time when she should be feeling more settled and it seems to be a more realistic timeframe really to make friendships and settle in.

I find leaving her or dropping her off very difficult too, the house seems very strange without her here. She is coming home in 2 weekends time to go to the theatre with us, and reading week is the week later so I’m looking forward to having her home a bit then too
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I am sorry your DD is feeling ill - not fun at the best of times. Has she thought about a good diary just to see if there is any pattern?

Hugs to you both.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I am sorry your DD is feeling ill - not fun at the best of times. Has she thought about a good diary just to see if there is any pattern?

Hugs to you both.
I’ve told her to do this so hopefully she will.

It’s just so strange as she’s never suffered with tummy problems before.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve told her to do this so hopefully she will.

It’s just so strange as she’s never suffered with tummy problems before.
Oh you poor things. Could it be nerves related, my dad always had stomach ache if he was feeling nervous or worried about something- your gut feeling I suppose. I know it's stupid but it could be a change in water - our Welsh water at home tastes far better than other places. Really feel for you, horrible when they're poorly x
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
Oh you poor things. Could it be nerves related, my dad always had stomach ache if he was feeling nervous or worried about something- your gut feeling I suppose. I know it's stupid but it could be a change in water - our Welsh water at home tastes far better than other places. Really feel for you, horrible when they're poorly x
Georgia mainly drinks only water, and she finds it varies a lot from area to area. She has said she finds the Bristol water to taste really nice but when we go caravanning in nearby Burnham-on-Sea it doesn’t taste as good. She also says Swansea water tastes better than in our area of South Wales. Georgia does find she has an upset stomach when she is nervous though so it could be stress related 😔
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

It could certainly be stress or worry, if your DD drinks water might be worth getting a filter jug? My DD tries to drink 2 litres a day, she has a wilko filter jug with her at uni.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List