Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Hi, Ben finished 1 exam yesterday but still has 2 to go, next week and the next. He has to pay his first rent on Monday for the shared flat he is renting for the next year. Kent Uni have still not confirmed what they will be doing, he had one email that has said they are looking into doing both online and face to face teaching but haven't made a decision so watch out for emails. He has been chatting a lot with the 2 boys he is sharing with next year, they all like playing xbox etc so that is good. Lovely to hear everyone’s updates, Mel - you must be so excited to have your son back shortly, he has coped so well in all of what’s happened.
Good luck to Ben for his exams. Georgia only has one next week which doesn’t go towards her grade for the year now. She did have an essay to complete which was counted towards her grade and she had an email yesterday to say she’d had a first for it, so she was thrilled 😀

That’s early to pay the first rent payment, I thought Georgia’s was early on 1 July. Thankfully, she has enough from her last loan payment, as it wasn’t used for rent, to pay it.

It’s good that they will have their friends to share with next year with similar interests. Georgia is looking forward to spending evenings with her friends watching Disney films and Bake Off or playing board games 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I do hope she manages to catch up with her placements. The field trips Georgia missed last year won’t be available for her this year so sadly she’s missed her opportunity to study bird poo 😂
Georgia’s just informed me indignantly that she wasn’t studying bird poo, it was owl pellets 🙄😂 (which I thought was near enough but she gave me the eye roll 🙄 again)
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Aren’t owl pellets from the other end to poo though? :-)

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Dd is at Newcastle who announced this week that next term all lectures will be online. They are hoping there will be some on-campus tutorials.

We have had notification that DD needs to clear her room at halls so we are off to Newcastle next week.

She is still planning to go back to Newcastle in September as she has a house share planned with friends. I am trying not to dwell on the implications of this - any of them get the virus etc as I fully understand why she wants to go back.

DS lives in London sharing a flat with friends so he did not come home when lockdown started and I have taken the same approach - not allowing myself to think about what would happen if he got the virus.
Tough though x
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Aren’t owl pellets from the other end to poo though? :-)
Yes she pointed that out too 😀 How was I supposed to know? 🤷😂
Old 30 May 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
Dd is at Newcastle who announced this week that next term all lectures will be online. They are hoping there will be some on-campus tutorials.

We have had notification that DD needs to clear her room at halls so we are off to Newcastle next week.

She is still planning to go back to Newcastle in September as she has a house share planned with friends. I am trying not to dwell on the implications of this - any of them get the virus etc as I fully understand why she wants to go back.

DS lives in London sharing a flat with friends so he did not come home when lockdown started and I have taken the same approach - not allowing myself to think about what would happen if he got the virus.
Tough though x
It’s a big worry isn’t it? Georgia says she wants to go back in September and I accept it’s her decision but it will stress me. We live in a small rural area in Wales, so the thought of her being in such a big city is a scary thought

Our eldest son lives and teaches in Vietnam and he believes he had the virus in March. He was really quite ill with it as he’s a smoker so his breathing suffered a lot and he took a long time to get over it. As you can imagine, it was really worrying for us as we were so far away. Thankfully his girlfriend lives with him (who got a mild case of it) so he had someone there to look after him.

I hope your son and your daughter stay safe x. I don’t think you ever stop worrying about your children 💕

Edited at 06:18 PM.
Old 30 May 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

May be of interest.

Student cap back.

bbc/news/uk-wales-52856059
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
May be of interest.

Student cap back.

bbc/news/uk-wales-52856059
It is interesting but as the article says, it’s just plans and not definite. I try to avoid this thread becoming political, which isn’t easy at the moment as politics obviously affects all aspects of ours and our children’s lives.

I think the main focus is on supporting our children through their university path, although I don’t think any of us envisioned it being the way it’s turned out so far
Old 31 May 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Yes, term starts 5 October so a week later than it was supposed to. It’s blended teaching, online and on campus. She has her accommodation sorted, she’s moving in with 3 friends in a smart modern house in very nice area of Bristol. They can pick up the keys on 1 July.

She’s not been able to pick up her belongings from her halls yet as the university says they will notify them with time slots when it’s possible. Of course as we are in Wales, we aren’t allowed to travel far yet so we are hoping travel restrictions are lifted here before the uni says she has to get her things 😔
Glad Georgia has accommodation sorted, that’s one less thing to worry about hopefully you will be able to collect her things soon, we emptied Kate’s Friday before lockdown thankfully!
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
Glad Georgia has accommodation sorted, that’s one less thing to worry about hopefully you will be able to collect her things soon, we emptied Kate’s Friday before lockdown thankfully!
She brought 90% of her clothes home but no summer shoes. Thankfully she can’t really go out far here in Wales so she doesn’t need shoes yet 😀

All her kitchenware, furnishings, bedding and ornaments etc are still there though. The university has said it’s all safely locked in her room until they say she can pick it up and also stated that her included contents insurance still covers her even though she’s not been in the room. But with lockdown still in place here in Wales until at least 18 June, we just have to wait before we can pick it all up