Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 22, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
She’s been applying for jobs and has just been invited to an interview next week. It’s quite local so would be amazing if she got it but it’ll be her first interview so she’s really nervous. She also has to be observed teaching a class (which sounds terrifying!)

Good luck to Georgia for the remainder of her exams. I’m sure she’ll be glad when they’re done. Does she know when her results are out? DD’s final results are due the 5th July I think so a little while to go yet.

Her graduation is at the Millennium
Centre so really looking forward to that. I bought an outfit for a wedding a couple of weeks ago so thinking I may wear it again. Might buy some nice sandals and a different handbag to go with it.
Lots of good luck to your DD for the interview, a local job would be really lovely. I’m keeping everything crossed for her 🤞

Georgia isn’t sure when her results are out, she’s not even sure when the graduation ceremony is (although she thinks it’s November)

The Millenium Centre will be a wonderful venue for the graduation, I’m sure you’ll look lovely in your outfit. I have a nice dress that I was hoping to use for Georgia’s that I have previously worn but it’s a bit too summery I think if the ceremony is in November. I’m sure I’ll find something in the wardrobe 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

DD has had her final lecture today and then a Leavers picnic this afternoon with all the lecturers off her course. I can imagine it has been quite emotionally.

She is coming home on Wednesday until Sunday and then back to University to do a show which she is very excited about as she has been cast as the lead. Its a new musical so and they will be performing the show as a World Premier so hopefully a few agents and critics will attend. Then the following two weeks are rehearsals for their Graduate showcase which is at the Leicester Square Theatre on the 9th July. Then move out of her flat on the 11th July to move back home.

I cant believe its nearly all over.
Old 27 May 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
DD has had her final lecture today and then a Leavers picnic this afternoon with all the lecturers off her course. I can imagine it has been quite emotionally.

She is coming home on Wednesday until Sunday and then back to University to do a show which she is very excited about as she has been cast as the lead. Its a new musical so and they will be performing the show as a World Premier so hopefully a few agents and critics will attend. Then the following two weeks are rehearsals for their Graduate showcase which is at the Leicester Square Theatre on the 9th July. Then move out of her flat on the 11th July to move back home.

That is an hectic schedule but how exciting to be part of a world premiere!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Well O is all packed again- he is flying to London at some unearthly hour tomorrow morning. He starts his first internship on Monday! Going to be another sad day but at least he is on the same continent!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post

A busy few weeks for your DD, but very exciting too. She must be thrilled to get the lead part 💞

It doesn’t seem so long ago since I started this thread and our children began their time at university, not knowing they’d have such an unusual experience. They’ve done so well to get through it, or to make the brave decision to change from their original plans and follow different routes for some.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Well O is all packed again- he is flying to London at some unearthly hour tomorrow morning. He starts his first internship on Monday! Going to be another sad day but at least he is on the same continent!
It’s always hard still when our children go back to uni, must be so much harder when it’s a different country too. You and O have certainly been through many changes over the past 3 years. It must be nice to know he’s within relatively easy travelling distance this summer
Old 28 May 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Joshua didn’t have the best end to his Uni experience

Unfortunately last Saturday his Dad had a heart attack ( Ian will be ok but we are still totally blindsided)

Joshua had to go in on the Tuesday for his last ever presentation with his head not fully on it, he went overtime and the teacher called him out in front of the whole class of people telling him to stop, that he went over time and that he would be marked down!

Josh said that loads of people went over time and they only called him up on it

The whole year group was supposed to stay for lunch as it was the final day, he just walked out, he was so upset and angry

It has been the worst end of uni experience for him, just hope he gets the final marks that he deserves x
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post

Unfortunately last Saturday his Dad had a heart attack ( Ian will be ok but we are still totally blindsided)

Joshua had to go in on the Tuesday for his last ever presentation with his head not fully on it, he went overtime and the teacher called him out in front of the whole class of people telling him to stop, that he went over time and that he would be marked down!

The whole year group was supposed to stay for lunch as it was the final day, he just walked out, he was so upset and angry

It has been the worst end of uni experience for him, just hope he gets the final marks that he deserves x
Really sorry to hear about your husband - hope he and all of you recover soon.
I would report the lecturer to the Uni - that’s shocking treatment!
Hope your son is ok x
Old 28 May 22, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband, I’m pleased to hear he will be ok 💞

Poor Joshua, and that’s so bad that he was upset by his lecturer. Is it possible that he can put in an extenuating circumstances form retrospectively? As they should be aware and make some allowances for him xx
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Well Joshua got his final grades and he got a 2.1 degree

We are all delighted as the past 3 Years have been very trying with covid etc as it has for everyone else

Bring on the graduation which is on the 21st July
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List