Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jan 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Mobile Pick A Pearl

DD 7 is really keen to do this. We are staying at BC and there is a kiosk right nearby or we could head to Japan in World Showcase.

Any experiences, tips or warnings to share before I let her get too carried away?
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My kids got theirs in Japan. They then decided they wanted to do one for their nan later in the holiday and we done this in Disney springs. The show in Japan was so much better. I can't recall if there was a difference in price. We wouldn't return to Disney springs although the pearl we got was beautiful we felt the show and opening was half the fun. Sorry I can't comment on any others but I would definitely do Japan again for the whole experience. Just a side note I felt there was less pressure in Japan to buy all the extras like a cage or necklace for the pearl unlike Disney springs. Hope this helps
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would buy a cheap clasp necklace before you go- my partner bought me a necklace shaped like a monorail carriage from Etsy which can fit 3 pearls inside I have yet to pick a pearl myself but I hear that you should go for the biggest, ugliest, hairiest oyster in the tank They’re older and therefore more likely to contain a bigger pearl.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We watched several people choose theirs in Japan and at a kiosk (DD was interested in getting one) and the fanfare that goes with Japan is great, lots of singing and clapping and was great to watch. There was nothing special about the kiosk, choose a pearl, here it is.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I would buy a cheap clasp necklace before you go- my partner bought me a necklace shaped like a monorail carriage from Etsy which can fit 3 pearls inside I have yet to pick a pearl myself but I hear that you should go for the biggest, ugliest, hairiest oyster in the tank They’re older and therefore more likely to contain a bigger pearl.
Definitely buy a necklace or cage away from Disney. There is so much choice at a fraction of the cost. They say go for uglier ones but when we were there they were all ugly. The girl in front of us let the lady chose and she got a rare pearl (apparently) so if they offer I wouldn't say no!
Old 19 Jan 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

Mobile

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I am also interested in this for my DD, as I’ve heard of it but have never seen anyone choosing before. It sounds like something she would love. Can I ask please, when you say clasp necklace, is that something specific that will hold the pearl? Or just a standard necklace that you then gave to do something to the pearl to make it stay on?! 🙄
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

There are some that have cages that you just put the pearl in. There are other necklaces but they require a hole in the pearl which soon make it all very expensive. I think they mean the cage and these are very easy to use and can fit on most chains. Only thing I'd say is maybe choose the cage after you've got the pearl as some are smaller and only hold a maximum sized pearl. I'd hate to buy one then find the pearl was too big to fit in it. My son's pearl was very large compared to my daughter's and his wouldn't fit in the smaller cages.
Old 19 Jan 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I'd choose at Seaworld if you are going there too...much more theatre to the whole thing
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
There are some that have cages that you just put the pearl in. There are other necklaces but they require a hole in the pearl which soon make it all very expensive. I think they mean the cage and these are very easy to use and can fit on most chains. Only thing I'd say is maybe choose the cage after you've got the pearl as some are smaller and only hold a maximum sized pearl. I'd hate to buy one then find the pearl was too big to fit in it. My son's pearl was very large compared to my daughter's and his wouldn't fit in the smaller cages.
That’s good advice then thanks, I was thinking if I needed to I could get one here beforehand, never thought it might not fit!
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Personally I'd choose at Seaworld if you are going there too...much more theatre to the whole thing
Do you know if the price is any cheaper at sea world?