Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

My doctor always told if me you feel that bad then forget about calling an ambulance get someone to drive you straight to hospital especially if its a sudden onset headache like you described. None of us want to scare you but please get it investigated further.
My neighbours wife was always getting headaches but one morning she said to him, my head is worse than its ever been I want to bash it against the wall' with that she collapsed and by the time the ambulance came they said sadly it was too late.
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
My doctor always told if me you feel that bad then forget about calling an ambulance get someone to drive you straight to hospital especially if its a sudden onset headache like you described. None of us want to scare you but please get it investigated further.
My neighbours wife was always getting headaches but one morning she said to him, my head is worse than its ever been I want to bash it against the wall' with that she collapsed and by the time the ambulance came they said sadly it was too late.
He has since said this evening that he went to bed with a bit of a headache and woke up when it intensified. So I don’t think it was quite as first thought in terms of a thunderclap headache. Which is certainly what I thought we were dealing with this morning!

I’m the one out of us who suffers with headaches, he gets the odd one. I was thinking back earlier as well and he’s had one migraine that comes to close to how he was feeling last night, though not as bad but a year or so ago. So perhaps he is someone who does get migraines, I know not everyone gets them.

I’ll get him to go to his GP, he’s not in pain now so we can’t go to A&E. I’m annoying the ambulance took so long that there was no point in the end.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’ll get him to go to his GP, he’s not in pain now so we can’t go to A&E. I’m annoying the ambulance took so long that there was no point in the end.
i think i'd have driven him to hospital or got a taxi. Incidentally headaches that wake you up should be investigated. Hope everything works out ok.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
I've had these types of headaches before. Sometimes they're that sore ice been known to put my head against a wall and push against ot to try to get relief. Doctor cant explain what it is it's too strong to get a normal migraine, at one stage they thought it was fluid at the top of my spine,another suggestion was sinus headaches🤷

Only one type of tablet will take them away within 15mins, and now the doctor refuses to prescribe them as they've apparently got risks.
I've argued that I only ever need to take 2 and they work so quickly, and as I don't like taking loads of tablets I'd rather have those ones.
He has said if I continue to take them he will have to refer me to hospital for further investigation, which I'm quite prepared to do tbh, and he also said its better to take more tablets a day than just 2 strong ones🤷
He still wont give me them, has given me numerous different tablets which don't work so I just suffer now.

Hopefully your OH is feeling better, and I hope he doesn't have another one anytime soon, as i feel for him 100%
So sorry you suffer with them! I used to take tablets for it as I got really bad cluster headaches. Thankfully I’ve not had an attack in years. My last bad headache was 2 years ago and it lasted 3 weeks, the muscles in my neck had really really tightened and in the end I had to take stuff to relax the muscles rather than painkillers for my head.

I’m pleased to read a scenario though where it has been the result of a migraine rather than a aneurism or brain hemmorage. Something a little less frightening is nice to read! Though I do appreciate all the comments - you’d just like to think that if it’s something that could be so serious the ambulance wouldn’t have taken so long to the point where we gave up. I know they’re busy, I used to work for them, I know how it gets. But that was ridiculous.

I am going to try and get him to go to the GP on Monday, he says he feels fine now just tired which is understandable so he’s not worried which means he thinks I’m fussing now. He says he doesn’t have any symptoms of meningitis as well which was part of my worry. Men!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Gosh I bet you can't wait to finish work tonight
Fingers crossed he's ok xx
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
i think i'd have driven him to hospital or got a taxi. Incidentally headaches that wake you up should be investigated. Hope everything works out ok.
Taxis don’t run out here at night and I wasn’t in a position to drive him hence the Dr we spoke to saying he would get an ambulance.
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Gosh I bet you can't wait to finish work tonight
Fingers crossed he's ok xx
You took the words right out of my mouth! Everything’s running late tonight so I probably won’t be out until 2330/2345 but at least we’re getting close!

Thank you . He’s gone to his friends for a bit tonight so st least I’m not stressing about him being on his own x
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’m pleased to read a scenario though where it has been the result of a migraine rather than a aneurism or brain hemmorage. Something a little less frightening is nice to read! Though I do appreciate all the comments - you’d just like to think that if it’s something that could be so serious the ambulance wouldn’t have taken so long to the point where we gave up. I know they’re busy, I used to work for them, I know how it gets. But that was ridiculous.

I am going to try and get him to go to the GP on Monday, he says he feels fine now just tired which is understandable so he’s not worried which means he thinks I’m fussing now. He says he doesn’t have any symptoms of meningitis as well which was part of my worry. Men!
I'm sure he is tired, mine would make me feel drained, and my head would feel heavy.

Definitely get it checked out though, I've been suffering on and off for around 6 years or so now, and it's always when I'm in a deep sleep they start. Sometimes I feel a niggle and I'd take my tablets when I get that feeling. Its hard to describe as it doesn't feel like a "normal" headache. I'd get at least one every 2 months.
I've an appointment with my doctor again for 3 weeks time again to discuss the option of getting my painkillers back again, I'm just not comfortable taking up to 8 co-codamol a day when it's at its worst, even if my gp says its better to do that.
If it means he refers me to the hospital then so be it, I may get a definite answer and hopefully get tablets also.

I just thought I'd share my experience as it sounds so familiar, and I know others think they are being kind etc, but scaremongering and looking at a more serious option rather than a simple explanation is not nice for someone in the situation to read. There can be lots of reasons, and not all are life threatening, sometimes it can be something as simple as a sinus problem for example
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

No one was scaremongering just trying to tell the OP that such a serious incident, as was described initially, is not always a normal bad headache & should be investigated.
I , like you, have suffered from Migrainous Neuralgia (cluster headaches) for many years & know the difference immediately on waking which it is (mine always present with ice cold nose one side & right eye feeling weird) luckily for me half a Sumatriptan sees it off if I can take it immediately otherwise it can last up to 2 months !
Old 6 Oct 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
No one was scaremongering just trying to tell the OP that such a serious incident, as was described initially, is not always a normal bad headache & should be investigated.
I , like you, have suffered from Migrainous Neuralgia (cluster headaches) for many years & know the difference immediately on waking which it is (mine always present with ice cold nose one side & right eye feeling weird) luckily for me half a Sumatriptan sees it off if I can take it immediately otherwise it can last up to 2 months !
I like you have suffered with cluster headaches and they are HORRIFIC! Thankfully I’ve not had an attach in a few years now but I know I wanted to die when I had them. Glad you have found something that can help you. It seems ridiculous when people say “oh I’m really suffering with a headache” but some of them really are so debilitating.

I know you weren’t trying to scare me it was nice just to find someone who said it can just be a migraine though as I said I didn’t realise how serious it could be because I was listening for two words to describe the pain that would indicate aneurism which he didn’t give so that’s why I assumed it was just a migraine and we’d done the typical stroke test and he was fine on that.

He will call the GP for an appointment tomorrow. Both of us slept very well last night and he’s fine again this morning.