Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
The front if Epcot is horrible I must admit, we were really disappointed last week, we found it difficult to get around,World showcase is wonderful still though! I suppose it has to be though,things cant change without a little dissruption!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We are still super excited to go next year! Panicking about getting flights in our budget though lol
Epcot is one of our favourite parks, second to MK and we were gutted about the work being done there, we love spaceship earth and the area that will be closed off. I hope it won’t effect our love for Epcot but we are still more than blessed to be able to go again next year 💕
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m another confused about what’s closing? The fountain at Epcot? Club Cool? Have I missed something?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

The only thing I would miss at Epcot right now is Club Cool. But it will reopen in another location in Epcot. If it hasn't reopened by September 2020 when I'm going, I can live with that. The central part of Epcot being closed was just shops anyway, what matters is the rides and World Showcase, for me at least (yes, Spaceship Earth will be closed but it does need a bit of love). Can't wait to go and experience Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, Ratatouille, Space 220, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway for the first time.

Edited at 07:22 AM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Original Poster here,

sorry for any confusion and upset i may have caused.

I don't think i explained myself enough as some answers were not what i expected and some were.

I didnt really mean to focus on the rides

It was also about the feel that entrances are under construction, walkways are boarded up.

Its that theme and magic that we are all looking for.

I dont know all the detail about the exact condition of the parks and walkways etc but just the general feeling (for me anyway) that there is a lot under construction.

Some of the replies have made me see the more positive side for thanks for that.

Enjoy your holidays Dibbers
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
Original Poster here,

sorry for any confusion and upset i may have caused.

I don't think i explained myself enough as some answers were not what i expected and some were.

I didnt really mean to focus on the rides

It was also about the feel that entrances are under construction, walkways are boarded up.

Its that theme and magic that we are all looking for.

I dont know all the detail about the exact condition of the parks and walkways etc but just the general feeling (for me anyway) that there is a lot under construction.

Some of the replies have made me see the more positive side for thanks for that.

Enjoy your holidays Dibbers
At the moment all the entrances have boards up. They seem to be redoing all the park entrances at once. And yes, it is a bit frustrating but doesn’t take away from the parks.
Epcot has boards up everywhere in Future World and it doesn’t look great at all. Once you get to World Showcase though it’s back to normal and it feels like Epcot again.

A few boards up in Epcot doesn’t adversely affect my enjoyment though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have just been looking at another website and they have a load of photos that show very well the construction and ground clearance at the front of Epcot and also further into the Park.

Coming along nicely. The huge plus for me is it will dispense with redundant buildings and thankfully those god awful 'tombstone' things at the entrance have now gone.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

It won't spoil your enjoyment. I'm just back, and yes, I felt the walls they seems to have everywhere at the moment area bit of an eyesore in places, but it's just what happens from time to time.

I did joke that it felt more like Wallt Disney Walled at the moment in places but did it spoil my enjoyment? Not at all.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
At the moment there are a lot of construction walls all around spaceship earth test-rack and the fountains, in the end we decided to enter epcot at international gateway at world showcase via hollywood studios and the skyliner as that area is unaffected.As I have said though its only a short period as The New Epcot design looks incredible!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I was there last month and there were loads of boards in Epcot. They didn't bother me though as I feel privileged just to be able to go there.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List