Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Excited about Disney

It could be the your skin is dehydrated and that is what’s causing the excess oil.
I’ve always had oily skin and changed my routine from products for oily skin to consider dehydration, it is better and less oily. But could be age. I use...morning...
Cleanse Lancôme confort lotion and then confort toner.
Eye cream Sarah chapman
Serum Lancôme perfectionist and then resilience day cream.
Night same but first cleanse is Emma hardie moringa balm to take make up off then Lancôme,
Eye cream and trying Sarah chapman overnight facial which is an oil at the minute.
It’s costly but I always buy products when they are on offer or use vouchers, boots points etc, I check beauty websites such as Feelunique etc for offers too. Plus duty free at the airport.
I also use Clarins cleansers and toners if on offer.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
Hey thanks Colette!

I am here to preach about double cleansing again!

Whilst micellar water is fine, I wouldn’t do both of your cleanses with this. It isn’t really going to clean your skin. The first cleanse should be to remove make up etc. And the second cleanse is to actually clean. So keep micellar water for the first cleanse but then use something different for second one. I’d recommend a balm cleanser. I’d take off both with a flannel rather than splashing off with water. You will definitely notice a difference. Or the hot cloth cleanser you already use, start using that as your second cleanse daily.

After that I’d probably opt for a glycolic acid (like pixi glow tonic) and then a light moisturiser. You are totally right that a lot of the time when skin is oily it’s actually because it’s dry and is over producing oil to make up for it.

I’ve found since I’ve done two proper cleanses and used an acid toner my skin has got so much less oily and the texture etc. Is so much better!
Thanks for the advice! The micellar water does feel a little “plain” so that doesn’t surprise me. I did actually try the pixie tonic before and found that it stung, do you think my skin is sensitive? I’m using a neutragena toner at the moment that I really like. Unfortunately I don’t have the cash for high end skin care (3 kids and holidays instead &#129315 but I will definitely try some of the tips from here. Can you recommend a light (budget) moisturiser at all?
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Thanks for the advice! The micellar water does feel a little “plain” so that doesn’t surprise me. I did actually try the pixie tonic before and found that it stung, do you think my skin is sensitive? I’m using a neutragena toner at the moment that I really like. Unfortunately I don’t have the cash for high end skin care (3 kids and holidays instead &#129315 but I will definitely try some of the tips from here. Can you recommend a light (budget) moisturiser at all?
If you are new to acid toning then I wouldn’t do it every night, maybe once or twice a week and build it up. Although it hasn’t ever stung my skin. If not try and get a calming toner instead.

You definitely don’t need to spend a lot on skincare but spending on the right skincare is important. You can get some good balm / gel cleansers from the “your good skin” range from boots. There’s a really nice gel cleanser which is about £6 although often on special offer for around £4. Really hydrating and does a really good clean. Buy some cheap flannels from primark (get enough for one a day so you don’t reuse the same one and they can build up and be washed at the weekend).

I actually just use Nivea Soft as my moisturiser. I just buy a massive tub and it lasts forever. I find it light enough but also hydrating in winter. However might not work for everyone. Otherwise neutrogena does a really good water based moisturiser which again I don’t think is more than £6-8.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
If you are new to acid toning then I wouldn’t do it every night, maybe once or twice a week and build it up. Although it hasn’t ever stung my skin. If not try and get a calming toner instead.

You definitely don’t need to spend a lot on skincare but spending on the right skincare is important. You can get some good balm / gel cleansers from the “your good skin” range from boots. There’s a really nice gel cleanser which is about £6 although often on special offer for around £4. Really hydrating and does a really good clean. Buy some cheap flannels from primark (get enough for one a day so you don’t reuse the same one and they can build up and be washed at the weekend).

I actually just use Nivea Soft as my moisturiser. I just buy a massive tub and it lasts forever. I find it light enough but also hydrating in winter. However might not work for everyone. Otherwise neutrogena does a really good water based moisturiser which again I don’t think is more than £6-8.
Thanks for the advice! Strangely I was in M&S today looking at their skincare products and one of the ladies started asking if I wanted help. I explained to her my issues and she tested my skin (it’s a little colicky thing) and that said my skin is dehydrated?! Not what I expected at all.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Thanks for the advice! Strangely I was in M&S today looking at their skincare products and one of the ladies started asking if I wanted help. I explained to her my issues and she tested my skin (it’s a little colicky thing) and that said my skin is dehydrated?! Not what I expected at all.
Totally makes sense. Usually people don’t think oily skin is dehydrated, but actually it usually is, when your skin is dry and dehydrated it will overly produce oil to try and hydrate itself. That’s why sometimes using an oil to moisturise is good because you are putting the oil onto your skin so your skin stops producing so much and it all evens out ☺️

Basically the worst thing to do is try to dry your skin out more. So toners are fine but make sure you aren’t drying your skin out too much and are properly moisturising it!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Visit the Clinique counter
Nothing really like their 3 step skincare
I try others and always return to it - though I don’t use the moisturiser any more .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Visit the Clinique counter
Nothing really like their 3 step skincare
I try others and always return to it - though I don’t use the moisturiser any more .
Yet, if I had a pound for every time when I was still a beauty therapist that I heard "Well, my skin was great till I tried Clinique, now it's really dehydrated and irritated..." I'd have my next few Disney trips paid for.

I've also used their clarifying lotion to get stubborn ink marks off of counters, so yeah...

I guess it works for some folk, but you couldn't pay me to use it or recommend it.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List