Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Feb 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
I’m not sure anyone would want to eat any sandwiches after they had spent 9 hours on a plane and as per above no meat products allowed. I do think you maybe over thinking this. I’m always amazed by the amount of food and snack people bring on a flight, it’s only nine hours and if you think about what you normally consume over that period it’s actually probably not that much.

My advice would be have a meal at the airport prior to the flight, I have a couple of fussy ones in my rabble and we always make sure they are fed prior to the flight. I then take some pringles or similar and we’ve also found the little snack brioche rolls go down a treat (other similar pastries allowed) some fruit and a small packet of sweets or chocolate (I’m a mean mum who doesn’t believe sugar and small children in a confined place is all that good an idea &#128563

Try not to worry I’m sure they’ll be fine 😊
Your probably right and I am over thinking it, maybe a 10 hour plus roll and ham isn't the best idea

My ds could eat a lot in 10 hours but not junk food, I don't allow him to have loads of sweets etc at the best of times plus he genuinely doesn't like them much.

Thinking about it we will probably have breakfast at the airport which would be enough to see me and DH through but ds isn't a big eater he's more a little and often type of eater, I wont be going overboard with what we take its more just incase he decides he's hungry. Thanks for suggesting Brioche I can pick these up cheap enough in the supermarket for him.
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We go into MandS and get a sandwich ( the one time we didn't do this they ran out of the meals we had ordered ), a large packet of crisps and some sweets
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
We go into MandS and get a sandwich ( the one time we didn't do this they ran out of the meals we had ordered ), a large packet of crisps and some sweets
Rob
Joan has a serious allergy to onions and airlines seem to put them in every course - including dessert

When we're from LGW we always visit M&S landside to stock up on "safe" sandwiches, a couple of pork pies and crisps. Either to complement or replace the flight food.

Mick
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We will be taking sandwiches bought airside for our 2 grandchildren, firstly they may not like the plane food, and secondly they will probably want to eat at a different time/ or be asleep when food service comes around (they are 2 and 4)
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

Our snacking items include: pringles, pretzels, haribos and some sort of toffees. DS18 will also take a sandwich of his own making because he doesn't eat the main meal of plane food only the roll,cheese and pudding. We also take empty water bottles and the little squash bottles and fill them up once through security
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I have serious allergies so neither Mr W or I eat any of the plane food (apart from the ice lolly and small bags of pretzels).

We take -
Pringles as the tube re-seals,

wagon wheels and jaffa cake bars as they are individually wrapped. We save a couple to eat in the car when we pick it up.

Mints and hard boiled sweets.

I usually get a sausage roll or pasty for us to eat as lunch and a salad bowl to share. (I pack disposable plates).

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List