Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 15, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
help me

Hi Guys
I bought a white crystal Minnie mouse watch from the World of Disney store at DTD on 5th May. The strap is a white plastic link with metal buckle fastening, anyway as you can see by the date ive only had it just over 8 weeks and the watch strap has cracked on lots of the links and just fell off my wrist the other week. I have rang Disney and they say its not covered under the warranty and just take to a trusted watch repairers. So did that the other day and they tell me its a fashion strap not a standard lug fitting like over here and he doesn't stock them.
Im totally gutted as paid $75 for the watch and absolutely love it, just wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen and wondered what you did, I haven't rang Disney back yet but will do tomorrow to see if they can send me just a strap but just wanted to know if anyone had found themselves in a similar situation
Thanks
Becca
Old 5 Jul 15, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Seems a bit strange it's not covered by a warranty. How did you pay for it? If you paid by credit card they will be jointly liable for faulty goods and will likely refund you however that won't help with getting it fixed x
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 15, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would email them with a photo attached. My sister bought a jumper a few years ago and a few weeks after getting it home it developed a hole at one of the seems. She contacted Disney and as it was out of stock they refunded her credit card.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 15, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Thats unlucky. Hubby bought me a watch in MK in 1990 with Mickey on it and its still going strong. Had to replace the battery a few times but other than that its still in perfect condition
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 15, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
keith&carol
Imagineer

keith&carol's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yes we've had it happen. Bought DD a watch that did the same thing. Tried everywhere at home and no one used the same fastening so took it back to Disney 6months later and they said it was out of stock now so nothing they could do. Wasn't even given a refund. Not happy.
Sorry you've had this happen. If you paid by credit card you should get a refund. Unfortunately we didn't.
keith&carol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 15, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
I paid on a Fairfx card so don't know if that counts, im so gutted I totally love it. Im gonna ring back in the morning and speak to them again as I cant find a strap either
Old 5 Jul 15, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

If only i was going back this year,I would offer to take it back for you,for an exchange,as you sound so upset,that this has happened.
Is there no way,you could post it back & they send you a new one.surely someone can help you with this,I guess it depends who you get,on the end of the phone.
I hope you get it sorted
Tracy x
Old 5 Jul 15, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
aww thanks tracy what a kind thing to say, lets see what they say tomorrow x
Old 5 Jul 15, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saund123 View Post
Seems a bit strange it's not covered by a warranty. How did you pay for it? If you paid by credit card they will be jointly liable for faulty goods and will likely refund you however that won't help with getting it fixed x
This wouldn't be covered under section 75 as goods have to have a value in excess of £100.

Edited at 10:48 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 15, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I bought a Minnie handbag when I went and not too long after ( but after the 8 weeks you say) the leather cracked and split. I emailed Disney with photos and an explanation of what had happened (bag was an anniversary present from husband and like you I was quite upset)
they emailed back fairly promptly and said it wasn't covered and was just one of those things but they would send me a new one anyway. A few weeks later a new one turned up through special delivery! Left this one hidden away for quite a while as I didn't want the same thing to happen, when I did start to use it it cracked and split quite quickly. Oh well!
maybe email pictures off?
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread