Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 17, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DanSambora85
Excited about Disney

Mobile West Coast trip planning/travel agentss!

Hi all!

When's the optimal time to book for September 2018? When will travel agents be able to give us a quote on a package? We like to go there first and then try and beat their price 🖒

Thankyou!
Old 24 Mar 17, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Scheduled flights come out 11 months in advance so you won't get a DIY price till at least October . However I only book flights in sales so I guess the first sale for you would be Christmas .

I never bother with TAs now so can't help on that bit .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are going September 2017 so booked our flights when they were released last October. We then started booking our hotels. Sorry, no idea about Travel agent, I just assumed everyone did DIY for a road trip. I know our plans have changed a few times since we started planning so makes thing easier.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

We're going in June this year. We booked flights in September 2016. We aren't using a travel agent and doing it all ourselves. We're flying from Manchester to Las Vegas and then flying back from New York to Manchester. We have also booked 2 internal flights Las Vegas to San Francisco and then Los Angeles to New York. I have been looking into hotels since booking flights and have them all booked but on free cancellation so we can change which we have done several times already. I have enjoyed researching and booking everything myself
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DanSambora85
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone, really useful 😊

What sort of ballpark figure should we be looking for (when the time comes) for flights in September? Flying into Vegas or San Francisco from anywhere UK (we're midlands based so any airport is fine!)
Old 25 Mar 17, 05:08 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
If you want direct flights it's London or Manchester , pretty sure you can't go direct from the midlands to the west coast .

I'm in California now , booked last may and paid £2145 for 4 return flights to LA from Heathrow and car hire and insurance for 19 nights that's a fly drive package with BA
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi you could also pop over to dublin, various carriers, plus you can clear customs
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post

We've paid £1200 for both of our flights from Man to Vegas and the return from New York to Man. That's with Thomas Cook. We have also 2 internal flights Vegas to San Francisco £160 and Los Angeles to New York £311 so all flights for under £1700 which was under what I thought. We have paid more for flights to Florida. It'll probably vary from month to month. We go in June

Edited at 10:13 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DanSambora85
Excited about Disney

Thanks all. I know all about the 11 month rule but fortunately Thomas Cook airlines have prices available online through to the end of next year, currently getting around £620 each non-stop return Man-Vegas last two weeks in August 2018. Might just snap them up and go the DIY route! Thanks!

Edited at 08:26 PM.
DanSambora85 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List