Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Unread 4 Jan 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I think you did well so far reading !We went to California 2018 and found it quite a bit more in cost v Florida
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California Road Trip
Unread 4 Jan 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
Looking good so far, following as want to go to DL in the near future but have definitely noticed that it is more expensive than florida
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
They want to see the
Unread 8 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ambermark
Very Serious Dibber

Loving the photos
Ambermark is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our First Trip!
Unread 8 Jan 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
slightly serious Dibber

Looks great so far! I'm so looking forward to trying In n Out burger, got to order it 'animal style' like a local though from the not so secret menu 😂
Unread 12 Jan 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Excited about Disney

Well my lovelies, I have been such a good girl today...I have been well and truly adulting my little socks off. So I decided to treat myself by taking some time to write up another day.

Sunday 27/10/19

Second day of fun, it had to be a trip to California Adventure park.

My original food plan was Denny's for breakfast, snacks in the park and then Panda Express for tea (because it's tasty and cheap).

We started the day at Denny's. Just like yesterday, this restaurant was on the main road as we walked up to Disneyland, so it was really conveniently placed. We were still on UK time so it wasn't too busy when we arrived but the queue had grown by the time we left.

Oh my days...I had life changing pancakes here for breakfast. They were Cinnabon pancakes so were pancakes with hints of cinnamon and cheese frosting poured all over the top. They were literally insane and I'm fairly sure that I'm still having a sugar rush from them even though we've just entered a new decade!

Oh, just to remind you of my earlier disclaimer...I am rubbish at remembering things...you'll see what I mean when you scroll down!

Yeah...don't judge me...when you try one you'll be equally impressed with the pancakes and with me for actually having any pancakes left to photograph before I inhaled it! I also joke, I didn't inhale it...it nearly killed me...I think I became 100% sugar at one point, I almost didn't finish it...but I'm no quitter ha ha. (Sorry not sorry for the mum joke!)

Anyway, DD and DH had an All American Slam with pancakes and a Philly cheese steak omelette. They both enjoyed these, so much so that the omelette photo seems to have been consumed too!

Total price was $40.46. I had signed up as a new customer online the day before and received a 20% off discount code, which after paying the tip meant the meal came to $40.

Next was more sugar. Two of the three of us went on the Incredicoaster (DD loves rollercoasters but was still traumatised by Rockin Rollercoaster which was the first and last launch coaster she'd been on and so it took us a few days before we eventually got her on it...oh and then in true child fashion we couldn't get her off the damn thing lol!)

Anyway...all this blurb is to say that obviously the compulsory Cookie Num Num was consumed. It was better than I thought it was going to be and easily sharable. We shared it and each of us had plenty. It was exactly $6 as the price included tax.

Sorry, you can only have a photo of the receipt not the cookie because I had nipped to the toilet and they had pretty much consumed it before I got back. Not sure that I'm up to these Disney food reports, I dread to think how many more missing photos there will be by the end. It's a good job us dibbers also appreciate a receipt photo otherwise you'd have all given up reading these by now!

Anyway...corndogs for lunch from the Red Wagon. These live up to the hype. Corndogs are the Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps/Chicken Supernoodles/Greggs Sausage Roll of snacks...in the sense that they are dirty but good. And yes these hand dipped corndogs definitely fit in to the 'dirty' but oh so good food category!

We shared two between us. The meal deal came with the corn dog and a random packet of crisps...you know just in case you hadn't reached your quota of greasy carbs.

Total price for 2 corn dog meals and a large sprite was $25.94.

After all that food it was a while before we needed to eat again! We decided to pop back over to Disneyland later that day and went to see Galaxy's Edge at night...flippin epic! Love love love it! Disney in the day time is magical but at night it is something else entirely! Totally off the charts!

We headed over to Black Spire Outpost. DD didn't fancy any of the offerings so DH and I ordered a ronto wrap each and DD ordered a Meiloorun Juice. The ronto wraps were really good, a bit too much peppery gravy towards the end of mine but still really good, I'd eat one again! DD made a great choice on the drink, it was really nice, refreshing and not too sweet...nom nom nom! DH (who's a big lover of pork scratchings) had heard about the cinnamon pork scratchings aka Kyryll Sweet and so he treated himself to a packet of those. I'm not super keen but tried one and they were nice. Theyre a cross between pork scratching and prawn crackers - that taste of cinnamon. He ate as much of the packet as he could manage and was quite forlorn when he threw away the remainder of them because he was so full and didn't want to carry them anymore. Total price was $41.98.

As we headed through the park DD's appetite returned and she bought a corn on the cob from one of the market stalls along the side of the path. I had a nibble and it was really good, buttery and fresh, what's not to love?!

Oh..yeah it's a corn on the cob...you can't have a picture, you'll have to use your imagination. Cost was $5.16 and I'd say it was worth it.

So there you are, second full day...I'm starting to wonder whether I should have named this trip report the 'How to fail spectacularly at the $100 a day food challenge and forget to take photos' trip report?!

Total spend for the day was $119.08. So only $20 over budget!

Spent so far:
Friday $100 (does include $50 laundry gifts to spend in Florida next August)
Saturday $122.57
Sunday $119.08 is it time to do the walk of shame yet? Maybe I'll leave that for Monday's report!

Edited at 08:23 AM.
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyworld 3rd times a charm holiday
Unread 12 Jan 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The pancake sounds delicious, what a great combo, and a perfect start to the day. I love your description of corn dogs, so true!

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
6th time lucky, CBR again
Unread 12 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
slightly serious Dibber

Oh my gosh those pancakes 😍 corndog looks so good too. Looking forward to reading more!
Orlando Attractions