Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Jan 20, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Question about Atlantis hotel again please!

We're staying in the Imperial Club Room so have club room access. I believe you can access the club room at any time for certain drinks (soft drinks etc) is this correct?

Also, during the evening access 5-7pm you are served alcohol, does this have to be consumed within the club room or could one of us go for a few drinks to bring back to our room for example? Is there a dress code for the club room during the evening hours?

Thanks
Yes
Yes only in club
No dress code I don’t think
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
My friends did this one last year and they were really impressed
tripadvisor/Attrac..._of_Dubai.html
Thank you, will take a look
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
golfer66
Serious Dibber

golfer66's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have friends that live there and I have seen the photos of the rain - I was there for my birthday once in Feb and we had terrible rain and flooding (well they don’t have drains as it hardly rains )

Cancelling won’t cost me anything but people I know live in UAE are saying many of the staff have returned home to India because of the situation so service and taxis are in shorter supply - I am watching out but there are other reasons ...

There is always another time (before Ramadan)
We are due too go in April and have been watching from afar what’s going on but didn’t realise that there were people actually leaving the place .
golfer66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Question about Atlantis hotel again please!

We're staying in the Imperial Club Room so have club room access. I believe you can access the club room at any time for certain drinks (soft drinks etc) is this correct?

Also, during the evening access 5-7pm you are served alcohol, does this have to be consumed within the club room or could one of us go for a few drinks to bring back to our room for example? Is there a dress code for the club room during the evening hours?

Thanks
Dress code in many bars and hotels after 6pm/sunset is certainly no shorts, t shirts or sandals for men.

Sometimes no bare shoulders for women but they will give you a shawl if they think you are underdressed - they just turn away men that don’t follow the local custom of dress code .
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

After a bit more research .. I’m now looking at the Grosvenor House hotel or Le Royal Meridien .. any advice on any of these hotels please?
Or feel free to offer an alternative!

We have never been to Dubai before and only decided last week to give it a try ..
thank you x

Edited at 05:56 PM.
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by honeybun1989 View Post
After a bit more research .. I’m now looking at the Grosvenor House hotel or Le Royal Meridien .. any advice on any of these hotels please?

We have never been to Dubai before and only decided last week to give it a try ..
thank you x
Visited both to eat at both day and night, not too far from each other. Both really lovely but if you chose Le Meridian make sure you book the beach one
If you are still looking see what price you get for Al Naseem
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Visited both to eat at both day and night, not too far from each other. Both really lovely but if you chose Le Meridian make sure you book the beach one
If you are still looking see what price you get for Al Naseem
Thanks Collette - Al Naseem is around a £1,000 more than the other 2 .. would you say it was worth it?
If not, what would be your choice between The Grosvenor and Le Meridien?

I appreciate we all have different tastes but I would love your opinion x
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Thanks Collette - Al Naseem is around a £1,000 more than the other 2 .. would you say it was worth it?
If not, what would be your choice between The Grosvenor and Le Meridien?

I appreciate we all have different tastes but I would love your opinion x
Le meridian for me but I’d also be happy with Grosvenor. Are you getting like for like as that would make my choice for me if one had club or half board and the other didn’t.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

thank you x
I’m staying at the Grosvenor house myself in April on the recommendation of my friend who has stayed there several times. It’s her preferred hotel in Dubai.
The Royal Meridian is a sister hotel to the Grosvenor and you can use their facilities and I believe that there is a free shuttle between the two and you can also charge things to your room.

I’m really looking forward to my stay
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Le meridian for me but I’d also be happy with Grosvenor. Are you getting like for like as that would make my choice for me if one had club or half board and the other didn’t.
Thanks again Colette

I’m looking at the following rooms ..
Le Meridien - Club tower room, sea view - half board

Grosvenor House - there is an offer for a 1 bed apartment, half board .. (this is £450 cheaper than Le Meridien) x