Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jan 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Mobile Tampa Bay Lightening ice hockey

We’ve booked tickets to go to a Lightening game on 15th Feb. It’s 4pm face off.

I’m looking for recommendations for things to do in the area before the game and also places to eat.
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Can recommend here. 813area/tampa/channelside/
Lots of little food outlets for food and drink as well as a 10 pin bowling alley. This area has changed a bit over the last two years and is a great place to hang out before a game. Will be lots of “Bolts” fans there who will be happy to talk to you if you need any pointers on the team.
We are massive Bolts fans and see them each year. Tend to build our holiday around the Hockey rather than Parks. Just shout if you need any more info.
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. We like to take in a sports game each trip. We’re off to see the Magic and for the first time we’re also going to the Bolts. Been Cardiff Devils fans for 30+ years but never been to an NHL game.
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
I follow Fife Flyers (not at the moment whilst living in Cyprus) and used to love Steve Moria before he moved to the Devils from Fife.
NHL is just a wee bit better
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by eastendpar View Post
I follow Fife Flyers (not at the moment whilst living in Cyprus) and used to love Steve Moria before he moved to the Devils from Fife.
NHL is just a wee bit better
Steve Moria takes me back about 30 years. A golden era for the Devils driven by John Lawless and Shannon Hope. Banners up for them in the new ice rink with their jerseys retired. A big gap in trophies before the recent success.
Old 26 Jan 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
Money talked. But the Devils were some team.
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

Depends on who they are playing... if one of the big original 6 you tend to get a lot of their fans attending and booking up the nearby eateries... alternatively just hang out for pre game beer and snacks in the square outside the arena
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Hope I'm ok to jump onto this thread. I'm back in March hoping to revisit the Bolts. Has the parking changed? I've previously parked in an Open lot under the flyover but used to like parking in the South Regional Garage.

Where would anyone recommend for parking now.

And for those people without Sunpass, the Selmon Expressway is a electronic toll road that once cost me $2.75 in tolls and $60 admin fee from the car hire company
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
The Bolts have a preferred partner to allow you to book parking in advance. Park Whiz. The link is below:
parkwhiz/amalie-aren...htning-927768/

I have alternatively just turned up at the multi storey generally used for those joining cruises at a cost of $20. This is good for getting back out onto the I4 if driving back to Orlando.

Which game in March?. I am there to watch them play Philadelphia, Detroit and New Jersey Devils in the middle of the month.

Edited at 08:12 AM.
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

There at end of the month, so it will be Maple Leafs or the Columbus Blue Jackets (who?)