Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by honeybun1989 View Post
Did you have a loading dose when you first had injections?
I know its really hit and miss to find a sympathetic GP ..
like you I was unwell for sometime before I did my research and went back to the GP armed with my information ..
could you ask for a referral to a haematologist?

There is a good Facebook group with lots of help if thats of any interest to you!
Ive never had injections, theyve only ever monitored the levels by re testing every 3 months and they did prescribe me iron tablets previously for anemia.

I feel like at the moment because Im still in the early stages of recovery from coeliac disease they might just turn around and say that this is normal, because my stomach could still be healing from the damage of the coeliac disease this could be why my b12 and other vitamins are low, I just wish theyd treat them or look into a treatment and then at least for now I could feel a bit better than I do.
klr15 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California trip
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
just to stick a cat among the pigeons...your symptoms sound very much like those of chronic Lyme disease. Unfortunately that's extremely difficult to test for and diagnose but it might be worth a try
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yet another 'final' trip
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add .. I replaced the prescribed vit D tablets with a good quality one and found a great improvement x
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Ive never had injections, theyve only ever monitored the levels by re testing every 3 months and they did prescribe me iron tablets previously for anemia.

I feel like at the moment because Im still in the early stages of recovery from coeliac disease they might just turn around and say that this is normal, because my stomach could still be healing from the damage of the coeliac disease this could be why my b12 and other vitamins are low, I just wish theyd treat them or look into a treatment and then at least for now I could feel a bit better than I do.
Sorry, I misunderstood!
If your b12 is low you really need injections ..
Do you have another GP in the practice you could see?
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
just to stick a cat among the pigeons...your symptoms sound very much like those of chronic Lyme disease. Unfortunately that's extremely difficult to test for and diagnose but it might be worth a try
Very interesting you should say that as I have a rash on my chest that looks similar to ringworm (it isnt). It has been there for at least two years though and I think thats an unusually long time, Ive never shown it to a doctor, but when I mentioned it once they said it probably eczema.

Edited at 02:54 PM.
klr15 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California trip
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Mobile

Sorry, I misunderstood!
If your b12 is low you really need injections ..
Do you have another GP in the practice you could see?
Thats okay, youd think they would have given me an injection with how long its been going on!

I think Im going to try and make an advanced appointment with any other doctor than the one I keep ending up with, Ill go in and ask them exactly what the levels are,Ill tell them every thing thats wrong and hopefully I might get somewhere.

Im going to get some vitamin D too.
California trip
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Thats okay, youd think they would have given me an injection with how long its been going on!

I think Im going to try and make an advanced appointment with any other doctor than the one I keep ending up with, Ill go in and ask them exactly what the levels are,Ill tell them every thing thats wrong and hopefully I might get somewhere.

Im going to get some vitamin D too.
Fingers crossed you get sorted soon! I know first hand how debilitating it can be!
Take care x
Unread 30 Jan 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Fingers crossed you get sorted soon! I know first hand how debilitating it can be!
Take care x
Thank you for your advice! Hopefully so!
California trip