Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 6 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Anyone work in HR?

Apparently management have plans to make us work 4 hours on a saturday starting in 6 weeks. We have had no notification or discussion. This has filtered through from my line manager. We currently dont open at the weekend this is part of plans to offer extended opening. I need to dig out my contract and read the wording. I appreciate the needs of the work place change but I was employed to do 27 hours a week over 4 week days. I would think there should be a conversation rather than an instruction? I am in a union so will also get advice but can anyone offer any advice please?
Unread 6 Feb 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Defo speak to your union rep.

So an employer can change working hours but should discuss and consult with staff first. Why are they opening on a Saturday? How many staff will be needed, so how often will you need to work a Saturday.

Extra pay?
What about cover during the week?

What impact on staff, those with commitments already on a Saturday

June 2006, August 2007, September 2018, January 2019, September 2019
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Crete ?
Unread 6 Feb 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
I work in a GP practice this is part of offering better access for patients. It was done as a trial where I worked before and abandoned by the doctors after a trial. Theres been no discussion with any of us just s message filtered down that it starts in 6 weeks with 3 of us doing an extra 4 hours prob every other saturday. We all have commitments children, disabled parents husbands that do shifts over the weekend so no childcare etc as well as plans made already like holidays booked. I'm appalled nobody has talked to any of us.

Edited at 09:17 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Saronic Islands
Unread 6 Feb 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenbrook
Earning My Ears

They can change contract terms with appropriate notice which, I thin, is 3 months. Could they ask for volunteers in the first instance?
Kenbrook is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

My contract reads 37.5 hours over 7 days, we reserve the right to change your shift pattern dependent on needs of the business. Unfortunately i think you will find they are probably within their rights but yes definitely check with your union.

On a side note, i think its a great idea and 8 wish our drs would open on a weekend

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
little trip to Gran Canaria
Unread 6 Feb 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
My contract reads 37.5 hours over 7 days, we reserve the right to change your shift pattern dependent on needs of the business. Unfortunately i think you will find they are probably within their rights but yes definitely check with your union.

On a side note, i think its a great idea and 8 wish our drs would open on a weekend
It would be a good idea if all of the staff where considered to do it ie GPs and nurse practitioners but no it's just the nurses and reception to cover. We wont have any extra support if needed if we need antibiotics or as often happens someone potentially attends with chest pain. While we can deal with it it's not ideal.
Unread 6 Feb 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

This has happened a lot and nurses have been upset.

If it will be an issue for you then you must point this out as you have the right to request flexible working

June 2006, August 2007, September 2018, January 2019, September 2019
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Crete ?
Unread 6 Feb 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yikes, I work in a GP reception! I dread the day we go back to working Saturday mornings, did that over 25 years ago and would hate it now.

I also think there should definitely be a GP on site. Not sure if any nurses would be happy running the surgery without GP support.

I am no expert in HR, know a bit as I also do wages for DH but I don't know if they can force anyone to work weekends when it's not been the norm to be open at this time. Change your hours possibly, but days?
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
QuickSilver