Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Escapes
Unread 12 Feb 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Megs been to Leeds Festival before, they stay at a premier inn in the city centre... No roughing it for her lol, lots of groups were doing it she said, taxi drivers were great, didn't rip them off and even had black bin liners and slippers for them so didn't mucky up the cabs cos she's been in shocking weather there lol
Mind boggles that they find it fun to be cold, muddy, etc for a whole weekend, I cant think of anything worse! Oh to be young and so invincible... those were the days!

My youngest is talking about going to Reading festival this year... I am not keen to be honest, he is 17 and its a long way from home.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DAYS UNTIL CARIBBEAN CRUISE!
Unread 12 Feb 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

My daughter is saying she is going- becasue her 'friendship group' (in our day it was 'mates') are all going after doing their GCSEs. Fortunately not stopping over but coming home each day, but cannot say I am happy- it is full of drugs.
Unread 12 Feb 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

My DDs first trip to Reading was at age 18. We live a fair way from there and I felt pretty uncomfortable if I'm honest. It didnt help that the first year she went a lad OD and died in the silent disco. They were all in there at the time. It shocked them all. DS asked if he can go this year hes 17 soon the answer was no from me. Unfortunately despite checks yes there are a lot of drugs at festivals.
Unread 12 Feb 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

From what I was told by a colleaugue, I would be very sceptical of the supposed 'checks'.
Unread 12 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
From what I was told by a colleaugue, I would be very sceptical of the supposed 'checks'.
I've seen the so called checks. In a word brief and limited.
Unread 12 Feb 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
My DDs first trip to Reading was at age 18. We live a fair way from there and I felt pretty uncomfortable if I'm honest. It didnt help that the first year she went a lad OD and died in the silent disco. They were all in there at the time. It shocked them all. DS asked if he can go this year hes 17 soon the answer was no from me. Unfortunately despite checks yes there are a lot of drugs at festivals.
A girl local to us died last year at Leeds! Its scary!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dubai winter sun!
Unread 12 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
A girl local to us died last year at Leeds! Its scary!
Unfortunately theres been one or two deaths the last few years.
Unread 12 Feb 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
My daughter is saying she is going- becasue her 'friendship group' (in our day it was 'mates') are all going after doing their GCSEs. Fortunately not stopping over but coming home each day, but cannot say I am happy- it is full of drugs.
Seems to be a thing up our way post GCSE they all pile off to Leeds .. My mates daughter went last year luckily it put her off for life, sleeping in a tent, cold, muddy & those toilets... she had only heard of the foo fighters as well
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Discount Florida Car Hire