Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 15 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Dogs in Kennels

Does anyone else get a massive attack of the guilts when taking their dog to kennels?

I have just spend the entire journey in the car telling my dog that I will miss him more than he misses me.

2018 -Rogue One
2009 Newport Bay (DLP)
2010 Swan & Dolphin (WDW), Hilton (Clearwater)
2011 Grand Floridian (WDW), HRH (Uni), Sandpearl (Clearwater)
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I do believe it's time for an adventure.
Unread 15 Feb 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
Does anyone else get a massive attack of the guilts when taking their dog to kennels?

I have just spend the entire journey in the car telling my dog that I will miss him more than he misses me.

OMG yes! All the time. It could actually make me not go on holiday. He is gorgeous by the way!
Been to Florida several times throughout the 80's,90's,1999 to see in the millenium,back in Oct 2009 to spread my dads ashes & first time on our own as a family in March 2012. Going back in May 2013 - 1 week Orlando and 1 week St Pete beach. To say I'm excited is an understatement!
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
August 2020 again!
Unread 15 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I do feel guilty, spend the days before thinking are we being cruel. Almost in tears to the kennels, then we arrive = she sees where she is and goes loopy in the car, dances with joy to greet the staff and goes off with them without a backwards glance to us and I know we have found the right place for her. I can then go away happily.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando. Can't wait
Unread 15 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Beautiful dog. The first time I put my spaniel in the kennels I felt dreadful. Like the other poster he now cant wait to get out of the car.
Unread 15 Feb 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Not dog but cat. Yes. And he hates it. The last time he went, my poor husband had to take him in as I couldnt face it. The cat was so upset at being there that as my husband dropped him off he turned around and hissed at him violently. Hes so loving normally and the only time he ever hisses is at the vets. Hates the vets too.
Unread 15 Feb 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

All the time! I worry more in the summer months because my lab suffers from epilepsy and heat triggers it but the kennels we use we have used from when my parents put their dogs in when we were kids (they still use them) and know owners very well so know they are well looked after, they use our vets themselves and have my in laws numbers in case anything should happen. I am lucky I have 2 dogs so share the same kennel. Once in kennels they aren't bothered but weve been told they know exactly when we are coming to collect them.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2nd Once in a lifetime WDW holiday oops
Unread 15 Feb 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our dog goes to a lady who looks after dogs in her home, he absolutely loves her and she loves him.
She spoils him rotten when we arrive with him he's out of the car and in the house quicker than you can blink.
Unread 15 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

My dad refuses to take their dogs to kennels and makes my mum do it. Luckily the dogs usually go to my Nans house when theyre away but he refuses to look at them if we Skype them from my Nans house.

Ive been to pick them up from the kennels for my parents before and one of them comes running to me with his tail wagging and the other one looks at me and goes to lay back down

We always have someone come to stay at our house with our cats when we go away but my husband knows he has to let me go and say bye on my own and he knows not to talk to me in the car for a few minutes because I get so upset
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not long now!