Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jan 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Might be worth phoning the card services number on back of your card.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Thought I was going to have an issue with Clarity when a woman grabbed it from my hand and before I could stop her she swiped with me shouting 'NO!', declined. I explained where chip/pin is available UK cards must use this service. Last year another over-rode the pin with a 'we do that all the time', waste of chip/pin then, payment declined, she got sharp shrift too. On both occasions I immediately nipped into Winn Dixie, used the card, all good. I make HC online purchases at various sites including Lee County for our yearly Fl vehicle tag, Walmart and last night paid $22 on top of a gifted $100 Sephora gift card. Oddly there's two places HC won't approve either cards on chip/pin, **Domino's, and City of Cape Coral for Yacht Club pool admittance (shrugs).

I know Halifax said there's no longer a need to advise when overseas, but due to the time we're on Bokeelia I rang and explained that whilst we've used our HC for years on the island/SW Fl was it possible to add a note into the system. They agreed and whether they made a note or not we've had no issues since we arrived in November.

** when my card declined at Domino's a chap waiting for his pizza jumped up, took out his wallet saying he'd pay 'it's only $8'. I was mortified that he may have thought we didn't have money as the card was declined and whilst strongly refusing/sincerely thanking at the same time couldn't wait to get the heck out of there... left hubs still thanking the bloke whilst I nipped next door to Winn Dixie for card check
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dud52221 View Post
Arrived yesterday evening and my Halifax Clarity card I have used on previous occasions was declined in Walmart.I have contacted Halifax who advised to try and reset the PIN at an ATM. Any suggestions where I might be able to do this. We are staying near Sherbeth Rd in Kissimmee and I don’t want to use my Barclays Debit card unless I have to for purchases.

Thanks in advance...
I don’t understand why you should be changing your pin anyway. I have been declined a couple of times on my Clarity. They say no need to tell them but does v occasionally causes an issue. I would go back to Halifax and ask them again, saying it has been declined.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mseagle View Post
I don’t understand why you should be changing your pin anyway. I have been declined a couple of times on my Clarity. They say no need to tell them but does v occasionally causes an issue. I would go back to Halifax and ask them again, saying it has been declined.
Agree mseagle, I didn't assume my card was blocked due to declined transactions. After 2 declines I no longer immediately checked, when next using the card it's always been fine.

Dud, if you haven't done so try your card in another store with chip and pin, hopefully by inserting the card/selecting pin it should be ok. Apologies if you tried this. Guessing Halifax haven't cancelled your pin as, I believe, you need your existing pin to apply via ATM for a new one.
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We had an issue last year with the clarity cards when in orlando.. my wifes card is linked to my card.. same account. Mine worked fine, wifes just would not work anywhere. I know I used mine in uk just to make sure it worked ok. We are going again now in november.. so need to use the cards again.. think I will try her card in uk first this time.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Trainee Dibber

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
When we first started using our Halifax Clarity card we were encouraged to notify Halifax where we were going to prevent the card being rejected due to the suspicion of fraud.

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Had a declined transaction on our Christmas trip. DH trying to buy online used wrong info for card.
Received a text from Halifax advising we’d get an automated call from them shortly to verify it was us using the card & to prevent a stop being placed on it.
Answered the questions correctly & advised that all was in order. No issues with subsequent use.

Another declined transaction; faulty chip & pin machine in store; cashier tried to swipe & as expected, this was declined so paid in cash. Made sure to use card again fairly quickly in another store with chip & pin; all accepted ok & no blocks or issues.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Plonks View Post
When we first started using our Halifax Clarity card we were encouraged to notify Halifax where we were going to prevent the card being rejected due to the suspicion of fraud.
Hi Paul, Halifax ceased travel notification last year. As creatures of habit their database is aware of our SW Fl winter purchases... still prefer a notification option.
Old 27 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Trainee Dibber

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Paul, Halifax ceased travel notification last year. As creatures of habit their database is aware of our SW Fl winter purchases... still prefer a notification option.
Thanks Chris, good to know

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Not Clarity, but with Starling there’s an option on the app where you have to switch on the mag strip. Could it be this? Most places in the U.K. use chip and pin therefore mag strip is switched off by default. This leads to it being declined until you switch the mag strip on.

Might be worth having a check in the app for options (assuming Clairty has an app that gives real time card updates?)
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List