Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Feb 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Thoughts on 50’s prime time

The last few times I’ve always wanted to do 50’s prime time but always ditched in in favour of the fantasmic package but this year we’re booking the fantasmic package for breakfast so youngest DD can do the playhouse Disney character. That means I can book 50’s but I’m undecided what to do so it’s possible that it’s always been ditched in the past not for fantasmic but perhaps because I just don’t fancy it (chefs de France always seems to get the same treatment even though I keep saying I’m going to try it!)
I think the main reason I want to try 50’s is because the kids don’t know anything about it so they may find it funny the way they loved whispering canyon but the menu isn’t really appealing to me. For anyone who has been recently how was it and is it just for the fun or is the food actually ok?
Old 13 Feb 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

We went on our last trip in 2018 and loved the place, it was such fun. I can't remember much about the food apart from DH being fed his vegetables as he didn't eat them all

It's definitely on our list for next time
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

It's good if you get a good server who plays along, but last year we had a guy who got the drinks order wrong, was so slow that we had to take our desert with us to eat along the way to fantasmic , and had no personality at all, other tables around us seemed to have servers who were really fun , we were unlucky
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
It's good if you get a good server who plays along, but last year we had a guy who got the drinks order wrong, was so slow that we had to take our desert with us to eat along the way to fantasmic , and had no personality at all, other tables around us seemed to have servers who were really fun , we were unlucky
This! Exactly the same for us. I had been so looking forward to this and our waitress was so miserable. We were sat in an unthemed area too and service was slow. Saw some amazing theming as we walked to our table and some great interactions between staff and guests. Our waitress was the same with all the tables I saw her serve. I was so disappointed but hey ho.

The food was great though!
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It was awful last time, always great but not bothering this summer.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely depends on your server, we've had some great interactions on several past visits.
We also like the food and the theming is great fun.
(Prefer this restaurant to the Sci Diner if that's in your plans)
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

We love prime time. The fried chicken is gorgeous and the servers are great at knowing how far to push it. We enjoy a bit of a carry on, but also want to relax.
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely seems like a mixed bag of experiences! I think I’ll book it and then I’ve got it and can always cancel.
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

50s seems to be a bit of hit or miss restaurant for a lot of ppl.

First time we went it was ok but the last time we went it was a hit.
Depends on your server as some have said.

I would give a go.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Our first visit was a bit "meh" and I couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

We gave it a second chance a few years late and loved it. We've been back several times as a result.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List