Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 12, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post

How do you get organised?

we are due to go on holiday in a few short weeks now and feel as if i have a mountain to climb before i close the door and jump in the taxi on my way to fun, fun, fun. how do you deal with the sorting, packing, shopping and the big clean (so the burglers don't think you're a slob )

I am sure there has to be a better way than running round like an idiot in the last 3 days whilst my head is too excited to think straight

Do you have a plan of attack ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

I don't stress as long as my bags are pack and I have everything I need for the holiday then that is all that matters to me. Anything forgotten then I will get when I am there, also in terms of house work I stay on top of it and do a little a day to keep it tidy.
The bag packing is a family thing in the week prior to leaving and we actually all enjoy it.
Old 3 Jun 12, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post

I use the spare room to build up all the things that need to be packed, about 3 weeks before. I have a list and tick things off as they go into the spare room.

Oh and I have a cleaner
Old 3 Jun 12, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedimaster
Apprentice Imagineer

I've kept lists from previous years holidays of all the things we have to do, buy, pack, etc, before we go. I then create a new list for the current holiday from that.

It works a treat ... although we're still fairly new to this flying lark and I always have a wobble on the way to the airport. I also take the lists with me for coming back! So far we haven't forgotten anything ... but there's always a first time!

Jane

2008 Emerald Island, 2010 Davenport, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside,
2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2016 All Star Movies
Jedimaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Lists, lists and more lists! My planning/packing/faffing around all starts from the minute I book the holiday! (Yes, sometimes that is months in advance!)

I buy all my bits and bobs as I go, s deodorant here, shampoo there etc, goodies for the plane and I keep them all in a box in my wardrobe and periodically check what I have against the list I've made of what I need! It's something I learnt from my mum and it's been working a treat for us for as long as I can remember! I seriously don't know where I'd be without my lists!

The same goes for packing too. I pack as little as possible as I don't mind doing a load of washing whilst I'm out there - less to take = more space to bring goodies home! A week or so before the trip I'll get all my clothes together and bin bag them up so I don't accidentily wear them (which I have a habit of doing!). Then when I start packing I just check it all off the list as it goes in the suitcase. At this point anything I don't have (unless it's medical) I will just buy when I get out there!

Like I said, it's all about the lists..and a cheeky glass or two lol!
Old 3 Jun 12, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
hsl500
Imagineer

Lists when I buy something in te sale it goes in my clothing list ( 1 each for the boys) gets stored in a drawer in the loft as have 1 each , do same for Xmas stuff bought ect
About 2 weeks before fly out I will get it all down sort into piles get any last minute bits needed and start to pack it pinning my list to te inside of the case so for coming back I can tick off items so know not forgotten anything

Hth

Believe in yourself and you wont go far wrong
hsl500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

I am the same as you Tinkerbell! I never used to get stressed about it til we had our son. It's a nightmare having to pack for every eventuality with kids! It makes it worse that my husband is so laid back about it and always packs at the last minute. Aaaarrrrggghhh! I do find that lists help loads though. And a wine on the plane when it's all out of your hands ;0)
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
hollyann1985
Apprentice Imagineer

I start a few weeks before to make sure everything gets done lists are ur best friend
Old 3 Jun 12, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nirvana
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Same boat as you... I just hope it all comes together and my stress levels don't go through the roof. I have a long list of jobs to do at home and work and at the moment I don't see how I can fit all this in before we go!
6th/7th/8th: Glenbrook Villas 2010, 2012, 2016
9th: LA & Yosemite & SF & Orlando August 2019
Nirvana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 12, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we dont go till the 23rd august so as soon as the kids break up I will get organised. I will pack a bit every day and get dds uniform all ready for september. I think as long as we have tickets, money, estas, holiday insurance, passport, driving licence, clothes, shoes anything else can be bought there. We always have a shop in wallmart when we get there and might even get our park tickets there as we only want a few days
Closed Thread