Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

So sorry for you and all your colleagues. We have always used TC for our Florida holidays and have nothing but praise for our local staff. All I have heard about today is about TC staff working their socks off to try and help customers.
Unfortunately I have no sympathy whatsoever for those at the top of TC who have created this mess. Sorry for my harsh words but that is how I feel about this situation at the moment.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

The wife is (was) cabin crew for TC for 28 years and loved her job.
She hasn't got home yet...I keep filling up thinking about how devastated she is... she just bursts into tears every time we speak on the phone
She and a few other crew from Manchester have had to catch the train this morning from Bristol back to Manchester airport to get their cars... probably another hour or two before she gets home.
She only found out the company had failed as they landed at Bristol at approx 2.30am this morning.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sofiamouse View Post
Heartbroken is the word, worked for Thomas Cook for over 15yrs in the Worthing Branch. It’s all I’ve never known and now starts the bereavement process. I loved my job and the girls I worked with and my loyal customers that were like friends. One thing I’ve learnt today having loyalty for your job gets you nowhere. Sorry to all of you dibbers out there who have lost your holidays. Xxx
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
The wife is (was) cabin crew for TC for 28 years and loved her job.
She hasn't got home yet...I keep filling up thinking about how devastated she is... she just bursts into tears every time we speak on the phone
She and a few other crew from Manchester have had to catch the train this morning from Bristol back to Manchester airport to get their cars... probably another hour or two before she gets home.
She only found out the company had failed as they landed at Bristol at approx 2.30am this morning.
I am so sorry to hear both of these stories - how awful to lose your jobs like that without redundancy or anything. I bet the big bosses aren't left with nothing
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniemagoo
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I am so sorry to hear both of these stories - how awful to lose your jobs like that without redundancy or anything. I bet the big bosses aren't left with nothing
There's a 'rumour' that a number of management have transferred over to manage the Condor bail out. If it turns out to be true its a crappy thing to do.
Our family trips, May 2010,Oct 2017
Last trip 2005
Minniemagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

So sorry to read about your job. I see your countdown says you were supposed to travel in two days too - was your holiday booked through TC too? What a horrible time for everyone concerned, I really do hope things work out for you.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

OP and Hudson so sorry to hear your stories- I worked for Thomas Cook a couple of years ago and have to say the branch guys and girls I worked with were all lovely, they all worked so hard to help their customers and had so many regular bookers. A very sad day 😞
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So sorry to hear about the loss of your jobs, such a stressful and upsetting time
I hope you find something suitable soon. Sending you pixie dust x

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

I’m so sorry for you and all your colleagues. I hope you find something soon to bring you joy, though I so wish you weren’t having to go through this at all.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I am so sorry for everyone that has lost their jobs It sounds like you loved your job so I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. I wish you all the best for the future and hope you find something you enjoy just as much ASAP
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pollita
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I'm so sorry you're going through. I was working for Travel City when they went under so I know how you feel, it's awful - not just the loss of job and income, but losing everything you've known, your community, your purpose in a way.

I'm sure it doesn't feel like it right now but there is a bright future out there, and some lucky company will be able to take you on and give you a new future.