Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I am sad to say I am starting to lose hope now and at the weekend booked a backup holiday. I do still desperately want to go but need to decide whether to pull the plug by the 21st aug, so will wait until then. We fly on 11th sept

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ashy View Post
The US is reopening it seems to Canadians from late next month but only to fully vaccinated people. I think they'd open to us tomorrow but there are a lot of problems with vaccine passports. The EU has its own but we are next door and we aren't even accepting theirs yet.

We have our own too but I don't think it is recognised in many places. The US will want one that allows them to get our vaccine information for themselves like how they access our info for ESTA's. They won't trust people uploading it themselves or just showing it at passport control as many countries are doing.

I'm starting to lose hope now really, we needed something last week when Biden said he'd announce something on travel bans but nothing happened. It isn't going to move quickly either as Boris wants us to spend our money here.
I haven’t read that , I have only saw that Canada is opening to the USA and that USA just extended their ban for Canada and Mexico until 21st August so I don’t know if that’s what your meaning , I really don’t know what the criteria will be when they open as they are dead against any kind of vaccination passport , I guess until they actually come out and give us some sort of info instead of the usual following the science dribble then we are in limbo xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeysbuddy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

i have until mid august and then I need to make a decision.
i can change villa date free of charge until then(due to fly 17th sept).

so if I don't hear by mid august, i'll have to rearrange.

The other issue is, it will be weeks before we are allowed in when they do announce it. So I'm hoping if nothing has been announce by mid august, the likely hood of us making our mid September trip will be over in my eyes.

being allowed in for our trip in September would make my year.
mickeysbuddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

The US is reopening it seems to Canadians from late next month but only to fully vaccinated people. I think they'd open to us tomorrow but there are a lot of problems with vaccine passports. The EU has its own but we are next door and we aren't even accepting theirs yet.

We have our own too but I don't think it is recognised in many places. The US will want one that allows them to get our vaccine information for themselves like how they access our info for ESTA's. They won't trust people uploading it themselves or just showing it at passport control as many countries are doing.

I'm starting to lose hope now really, we needed something last week when Biden said he'd announce something on travel bans but nothing happened. It isn't going to move quickly either as Boris wants us to spend our money here.
Where have you seen that news about USA opening to CA...last comment was from the press secretary where she said they were following the science and its not reciprocal?
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

The EU Green Pass and NHS App do exactly the same thing so that causes zero confusion. The majority of countries accept the NHS App (some just ask for it printed out), the UK Gov are looking at accepting the EU Green Pass from Aug 1st but only from countries which recognised NHS App so pretty much the whole of Europe.

I also don't buy the US Gov not "trusting" an app. The main issues will likely be the US Hesitation to design a similar proof of vaccination for travel. Many countries won't open to the US (without quarantine) if their residents don't have a universal way to prove their vaccinations.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Keegan;15072062]The EU Green Pass and NHS App do exactly the same thing so that causes zero confusion. The majority of countries accept the NHS App (some just ask for it printed out), the UK Gov are looking at accepting the EU Green Pass from Aug 1st but only from countries which recognised NHS App so pretty much the whole of Europe.

I also don't buy the US Gov not "trusting" an app. The main issues will likely be the US Hesitation to design a similar proof of vaccination for travel. Many countries won't open to the US (without quarantine) if their residents don't have a universal way to prove their vaccinations.[/QUOTE

I find it a little odd that I HAVE to have my kids get certain shots for school... I once went over on missing a booster and I got a call to take him outta school until I provided proof but something that would open up borders they refuse to do.
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

I paid the balance of my Car Hire this morning with US car hire, its fully refundable until 48hrs before. My flight balance with BA is 2nd September for a flight on the 23rd so that's my cut off. I'm still getting on that Plane as it is 👍
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I paid villa remaining costs this weekend - but fully refundable before 10th Sept. also did our Estas- fingers crossed we can go now. Not booked tests yet as not sure they are refundable or what we could end up needing by Sept.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

google/amp/s/amp.u...amp/8035696002

Canada opening borders to fully vaccinated Americans from 9th august. Experts expect the US to reciprocate on that date. US had to roll over the current status quo otherwise it would have expired that day.

Have joined you septemberers as out 25th august flights were cancelled so moved to 25th September!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Whilst not positive , news being reported is that due to delta the borders will remain closed