Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Aug 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaMay2012
Getting Excited

Just checked the website after seeing your posts (for what feels like the millionth time), I changed the filters to show direct flights only and got the screenshot attached showing none until 16th too ☹️ due to fly out on 18th.

Edit - sorry didn't upload screenshot correctly first time around

Edited at 10:29 PM.
FloridaMay2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I rebooked my cancelled August flights for late October. Give it another 5 weeks and I expect them to be cancelled!
Old 10 Aug 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Has any one had their September flights removed from My Bookings yet? Mine are still there and can select seats.

I know they want to hold onto people's money for as long as possible, but it doesn't want to make you rebook with them again just for the lack of transparency through their Customer Relations. Also, by the time you can get round to cancelling the alternative flights you want are gone. This happened with my August to Easter flight change. Flights were available for my April dates when the August ones were removed from sale in July. By the time they told me the August flights were cancelled the April ones were not available anymore to move to.

Just requesting refund for my September ones this time, but in this day and age I should be able to move my flights or cancel them all online immediately. It would also save a lot of work for their agents (and waiting times to respond to customers queries) if customers could do it themselves. What's more is they have had 18 months to sort a system out. Got to feel sorry for the customer service staff having to deal with all this.

Internet based hotel websites let customers rebook/cancel so the technology is there. So much easier for everyone involved.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
Has any one had their September flights removed from My Bookings yet? Mine are still there and can select seats.

I know they want to hold onto people's money for as long as possible, but it doesn't want to make you rebook with them again just for the lack of transparency through their Customer Relations. Also, by the time you can get round to cancelling the alternative flights you want are gone. This happened with my August to Easter flight change. Flights were available for my April dates when the August ones were removed from sale in July. By the time they told me the August flights were cancelled the April ones were not available anymore to move to.

Just requesting refund for my September ones this time, but in this day and age I should be able to move my flights or cancel them all online immediately. It would also save a lot of work for their agents (and waiting times to respond to customers queries) if customers could do it themselves. What's more is they have had 18 months to sort a system out. Got to feel sorry for the customer service staff having to deal with all this.

Internet based hotel websites let customers rebook/cancel so the technology is there. So much easier for everyone involved.
Totally agree. We know our flights are cancelled for the 12th with virgin. We know what dates in May we want as we have booked our accommodation.

We can't rebook the reward flights as there are non available unless we go london to miami.

So we are hoping the retail flights don't sell out before we get the refund.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kp789 View Post

I agree. When they finally get round to telling us our flight is cancelled we’ll need to call to move but my parents are on a different booking so we now need to sit round at theirs and hang on the phone for hours.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
freddo
Getting to know the DIBB

For reward flights that are cancelled... I’m sure I’ve read that they will let you book into a revenue flight. Does anyone know if this has to be to the same destination/dates please? We were due to fly to Orlando in a couple of weeks but thinking of trying for Miami at Christmas instead. Thanks
freddo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by freddo View Post
For reward flights that are cancelled... I’m sure I’ve read that they will let you book into a revenue flight. Does anyone know if this has to be to the same destination/dates please? We were due to fly to Orlando in a couple of weeks but thinking of trying for Miami at Christmas instead. Thanks
Same destination and same class as original flights if they cancel and you move to revenue flights

If you want to cancel your reward flights and move them yourselves you could check to see if reward flights are available to miami

Edited at 06:32 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

So we are booked with VA for 24th Sept. Really hoping we can go but if we get cancelled i am looking at options and wondering if anyone on here can confirm if these would be possible:

1. move to Dec - they are reward flights, so I assume if Sept cancelled and we move for same destination and class we can? what happens if Dec is then cancelled could we move again for free?
2. move to next year - but we would want to go at the same time (late Sept) so how do we do that for same destination and class for free if the flights are not yet out?

appreciate any help - thanks
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
So we are booked with VA for 24th Sept. Really hoping we can go but if we get cancelled i am looking at options and wondering if anyone on here can confirm if these would be possible:

1. move to Dec - they are reward flights, so I assume if Sept cancelled and we move for same destination and class we can? what happens if Dec is then cancelled could we move again for free?
2. move to next year - but we would want to go at the same time (late Sept) so how do we do that for same destination and class for free if the flights are not yet out?

appreciate any help - thanks
Re. 1, I've been told yes by VA, but I'm also curious on what would happen for that subsequent potential cancellation.

For 2. I'm not sure - perhaps open ticket like I got last year? Hopefully someone else knows 😊
Old 10 Aug 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

would be a voucher i imagine as we are going october next year now instead of 5th sept this year
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread