Old 21 Sep 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Britannia staycation sep21 - day 2 at sea

I wake up just after 7. The bed is really comfy but I do prefer an inside cabin for a really good sleep as they are so lovely and dark. I look out of my balcony though and spot the officer on watch!

I read for a bit before getting dressed and joining the virtual queue for breakfast in the MDR. By the time I’m leaving my cabin it says my table is ready for me. I have some coffee and a poached egg and beans with some juice.

I have decided to be brave and go to the solo coffee morning, so I head to the coffee shop to get a coffee to take with me. When I get there loads of solo people are there, which makes it hard to really talk to many people, but I do chat to the lady next to me who seems nice. We apparently have an extra celebration night tonight so I give her my drinks token for a free drink as I have the package.
We chat for a bit then go our own ways, she fancies a quiz but I decide to be energetic and join the Fitsteps dance class! This is so much fun and I’m really sweating by the end. We covered the Waltz and the Charleston but to modern music and I’ll definitely do these as much as possible this week. I finally get enough signal to message home so I head to Brodie’s bar, write my notes and message back and to with my husband. It’s a lovely day and it looks like we’re around Plymouth. I reward my exercise class with an 11.30am cider! I usually pack gym wear that I never use but this time I wish I had brought more. Don’t think I’ll make it to the actual gym though..

It’s been at least 4 hours since I ate anything so I add myself to the queue for lunch at the MDR. By the time I have walked there my table is ready. I do love an MDR lunch. I order butternut squash soup then a salmon tart with chips and cauli cheese with a rose wine. This is all lovely.

I’m still in my gym clothes so go back to my cabin to change, and end up getting into my cossie and going for a swim. The weather is absolutely stunning, says 17 but not a cloud in the sky, so after a dip in the pool and a few lengths I settle into the hot tub with a pina colada, sunnies on and chat to whoever joins me.

I do about an hour but am starting to cook, so head to the serenity pool next to the retreat. This has no benefits really on this cruise as there are no kids on board and the pool is smaller, but I find a nice lounger in the shade and work my way through a Singapore sling! Look at that sky.

I nip back to my cabin to change and head to a couple of seminars. One is the pamper party which is utterly pants, but the make up one after is pretty interesting and they put me a bit of make up on for later.

I’m eyeing up a stretch class in the gym at 5. I’m early though and i’m slightly hungry again so I grab a couple of pieces of pizza on my way to the gym (said no one ever!)
I then make my way to the gym, but I can’t find it. I know that sounds a ridiculous excuse but I must do several thousand steps up/down/dead end/back up down. When I finally find it I’m a couple of minutes late and it’s started. I hover at the back for a minute but instructor doesn’t acknowledge me at all, and I feel really awkward so shuffle off again. I think that’s me being told that’s enough exercise for one day.

I get dressed for dinner, then get myself a Prosecco in the Crows Nest, and browse my Horizon for tomorrow as it has arrived. Seems like loads on again which is good.

I
I have the Limelight club booked for tonight. I had booked this for tonight in case of it being 50% off again. It isn’t but I decided to stick with it. It’s a 3 course dinner with entertainment from Ben Richards. I hadn’t actually heard of him but reviews on the Facebook page seemed positive. I do have some OBC to spend.

The menu looks lovely and I’m really impressed that when I say I can’t eat the dessert, they offer to get me anything I fancy. I hadn’t pre-registered dietary requirements as it’s not too serious and I just order around it , but there is only one dessert to pick from. I would have happily not have one but offer to bring me a cheese plate which is so kind of them.

I order the sesame crusted chicken which is really scrummy, then the lamb. The lamb was incredible. Whoever thought of breading and frying shepherds pie deserves a knighthood. In contrast to last night the service is impeccable. Water topped up after a few mouthfuls, drinks orders checked.

The cheese arrives a few minutes later than others desserts and they couldn’t be more apologetic, despite me ordering something not on the menu. The waiter has me in stitches as apparently he asked a colleague to fetch it and he apparently went to Iona to get it!

The only problem was that the show didn’t start until everyone had 3 courses and coffee. So we’d been in there ages. The show starts, I still don’t recognise the bloke, he can sing great but he loves himself a bit much and there is so much on tonight I fancy. No probs though, I’d pay the £25 for that meal alone, especially avoiding the craziness of celebration night.

I do 30 mins but when he nips off stage for a bit I sneak off. I feel like a naughty child but I end up in the live lounge with a Lady Gaga tribute act! This is much more my bag and I settle in with a fruit salad cocktail and sing along from my seat. This was such a good call and I have the best time.

I have heard such good things about the Trawlermen so that’s my next stop, the atrium is packed, but I find a couple with a spare seat that they let me borrow. They are also excellent but only do about 25 minutes this time but I take note to watch them wherever I can.

I’m booked into the theatre next to see a comedian called Rudi West. I had seen him 18 months ago on a Marella cruise in the Caribbean. I thought I’d go along to see if it’s a new set, but it’s not. I’m tired, I’ve had a packed and brilliant day so I sneak out after about 20 mins head back to my cabin, the sea has got really rough but I’m well used to it and am asleep in record time.

Edited at 12:13 AM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had a great sea day and with beautiful weather too!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like you had a great sea day and with beautiful weather too!
Such good weather! Thanks for reading x
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I wake up just after 7. The bed is really comfy but I do prefer an inside cabin for a really good sleep as they are so lovely and dark. I look out of my balcony though and spot the officer on watch!

I read for a bit before getting dressed and joining the virtual queue for breakfast in the MDR. By the time I’m leaving my cabin it says my table is ready for me. I have some coffee and a poached egg and beans with some juice.

I have decided to be brave and go to the solo coffee morning, so I head to the coffee shop to get a coffee to take with me. When I get there loads of solo people are there, which makes it hard to really talk to many people, but I do chat to the lady next to me who seems nice. We apparently have an extra celebration night tonight so I give her my drinks token for a free drink as I have the package.
We chat for a bit then go our own ways, she fancies a quiz but I decide to be energetic and join the Fitsteps dance class! This is so much fun and I’m really sweating by the end. We covered the Waltz and the Charleston but to modern music and I’ll definitely do these as much as possible this week. I finally get enough signal to message home so I head to Brodie’s bar, write my notes and message back and to with my husband. It’s a lovely day and it looks like we’re around Plymouth. I reward my exercise class with an 11.30am cider! I usually pack gym wear that I never use but this time I wish I had brought more. Don’t think I’ll make it to the actual gym though..

It’s been at least 4 hours since I ate anything so I add myself to the queue for lunch at the MDR. By the time I have walked there my table is ready. I do love an MDR lunch. I order butternut squash soup then a salmon tart with chips and cauli cheese with a rose wine. This is all lovely.

I’m still in my gym clothes so go back to my cabin to change, and end up getting into my cossie and going for a swim. The weather is absolutely stunning, says 17 but not a cloud in the sky, so after a dip in the pool and a few lengths I settle into the hot tub with a pina colada, sunnies on and chat to whoever joins me.

I do about an hour but am starting to cook, so head to the serenity pool next to the retreat. This has no benefits really on this cruise as there are no kids on board and the pool is smaller, but I find a nice lounger in the shade and work my way through a Singapore sling! Look at that sky.

I nip back to my cabin to change and head to a couple of seminars. One is the pamper party which is utterly pants, but the make up one after is pretty interesting and they put me a bit of make up on for later.

I’m eyeing up a stretch class in the gym at 5. I’m early though and i’m slightly hungry again so I grab a couple of pieces of pizza on my way to the gym (said no one ever!)
I then make my way to the gym, but I can’t find it. I know that sounds a ridiculous excuse but I must do several thousand steps up/down/dead end/back up down. When I finally find it I’m a couple of minutes late and it’s started. I hover at the back for a minute but instructor doesn’t acknowledge me at all, and I feel really awkward so shuffle off again. I think that’s me being told that’s enough exercise for one day.

I get dressed for dinner, then get myself a Prosecco in the Crows Nest, and browse my Horizon for tomorrow as it has arrived. Seems like loads on again which is good.

I
I have the Limelight club booked for tonight. I had booked this for tonight in case of it being 50% off again. It isn’t but I decided to stick with it. It’s a 3 course dinner with entertainment from Ben Richards. I hadn’t actually heard of him but reviews on the Facebook page seemed positive. I do have some OBC to spend.

The menu looks lovely and I’m really impressed that when I say I can’t eat the dessert, they offer to get me anything I fancy. I hadn’t pre-registered dietary requirements as it’s not too serious and I just order around it , but there is only one dessert to pick from. I would have happily not have one but offer to bring me a cheese plate which is so kind of them.

I order the sesame crusted chicken which is really scrummy, then the lamb. The lamb was incredible. Whoever thought of breading and frying shepherds pie deserves a knighthood. In contrast to last night the service is impeccable. Water topped up after a few mouthfuls, drinks orders checked.

The cheese arrives a few minutes later than others desserts and they couldn’t be more apologetic, despite me ordering something not on the menu. The waiter has me in stitches as apparently he asked a colleague to fetch it and he apparently went to Iona to get it!

The only problem was that the show didn’t start until everyone had 3 courses and coffee. So we’d been in there ages. The show starts, I still don’t recognise the bloke, he can sing great but he loves himself a bit much and there is so much on tonight I fancy. No probs though, I’d pay the £25 for that meal alone, especially avoiding the craziness of celebration night.

I do 30 mins but when he nips off stage for a bit I sneak off. I feel like a naughty child but I end up in the live lounge with a Lady Gaga tribute act! This is much more my bag and I settle in with a fruit salad cocktail and sing along from my seat. This was such a good call and I have the best time.

I have heard such good things about the Trawlermen so that’s my next stop, the atrium is packed, but I find a couple with a spare seat that they let me borrow. They are also excellent but only do about 25 minutes this time but I take note to watch them wherever I can.

I’m booked into the theatre next to see a comedian called Rudi West. I had seen him 18 months ago on a Marella cruise in the Caribbean. I thought I’d go along to see if it’s a new set, but it’s not. I’m tired, I’ve had a packed and brilliant day so I sneak out after about 20 mins head back to my cabin, the sea has got really rough but I’m well used to it and am asleep in record time.
What a delicious dinner! Sounds as though there is loads of entertainment too!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List